Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Tourists on Uhao

tou_uhao.jpg

Story

The sun is beginning to rise over Uhao International Airport when the 40-year-old civilian Dakota is in final approach. This Dakota brings tourists from the neightbouring island every Sunday. But Uhao has become a dangerous place in the past year, even for sightseeing tourists, so their numbers became rare. Cause: dictatorship of Ramon Vidal, evil local druglord.

Ramon and his local army authorities are suspicious because their intelligence told them that some interesting characters are aboard this flight. It is believed that group of mercenaries is coming to island to try overthrow a dictator Ramon Vidal in a bloody coup d'etat. Ramon has strong ties to international arms dealers and he's a major player in the drug business in this region, exporting illegal drugs to US and Europe. His right hand is general Paco Rabante, he is taking care of dirty work around the island. But Ramon and Paco MAY NOT attack any tourists until they:

- come in contact with rebel movement and tourists arm themselves

- come in close vicinity of any of 5 army outposts (alarm reaches Ramon if AI guards detect any intruders and he can send in the reinforcements)

Notes/Intel

Merc...err, Tourists start on the airport just after landing. They have to follow their tourist guide (leader) and do what he tells them - stick close to him! First tourists have to grab a taxi/bus and reach village to meet with rebels and arm themselves for the fight.

They have to watch their steps and try to blend in with the civilian population.

Army on the other hand has to patrol the streets and defend 5 crucial outposts (possible high-priority targets). Without them dictator Ramon can't evade death (spawn) anymore and he can be killed. If all 5 outposts are taken by mercenaries/rebels Ramon has an option to flee the country with his helicopter. But it usually takes 10-15 minutes for chopper to become ready for takeoff. Ramon has to flee island and fly far south to complete the mission in that case.

Beware tourists/army: all major things happening on the island are announced by public radio station!

Mercenary tasks (BLUFOR)

- Acquire weapons from the black market and/or rebels!

- Destroy five objectives: ammo cache, armor factory, barracks, radar station, aa battery)

- Find and capture/kill Ramon Vidal before he escapes the island.

Army tasks (OPFOR)

- Follow tourists and report back to Ramon what are they doing

- Patrol streets and sectors around 5 outposts for any suspicious activities

- Ramon can set state of emergency (army AI fires on tourists all over the island w/o warning) or remove it if they behave nicely (guards won't mind them)

- Send reinforcements to any of 5 points

- Defend Ramon (VIP) and ensure he gets off the island safely when all 5 outposts fall into merc/rebel hands

- evade rebel village at all costs because we suffered heavy losses just days ago

EVENT

Event starts on Tuesday, August 5th, at 1900Z (21:00 eurotime, 20:00 uk). See replies below for signup info!

Rules:

- no custom sounds or faces!

- no other mods allowed except a single soundmod!

DOWNLOADS (addons needed)

You can grab complete addon package here (credits go to G2).

OFM Uhao 1.0 by OFman

Mercenaries v0.2 by Schnapsdrosel

Optional addon (highly recommended, adds to immersion):

DMSmokeEffects Beta 4.2 by DMarkwick.

1. Create folder @ToU/Addons/ in your Arma Folder.

2. Unzip all .pbos from addons mentioned above to it.

3. Run ArmA with parameter -mod=@Tou; and add your favourite soundmod folder behind ;

Mission download link will be available here soon after the official MP event that celebrates release of this great OFman's island.

Hey I only got it smile_o.gif I'll get to work as soon as I get from work wink_o.gif

p.s. we have beta on Sahrani so we just have to transfer the mission.

Attention: this MP event is planned for Tuesday, August 5th @ 1900Z (that is 21:00 Central Euro, 20:00 UK time)!

All you need for event is an addon pack (will be posted a day before event) and server name with password. Apply by sending me PM or posting reply to this topic! Squads have advantage, but individuals can join in too!

Selected players will recieve info for their teamspeak channel and server password. Addon pack needed for this event is posted in first post of this topic. Slovenian SBP team will play Ramon's elite guard, while all other players will get a slu... err slot at airport.

Slots are limited [18 left!] so please hurry up and signup by replying:

nickname|squad(optional)|number of players you have

Current total signups: 34/40

21/24 BLUFOR(PMC): Cpt.Kirby, 1Lt.Tate, SSg.Hokkanen, RUS, Sparks50, SharpShooter, m4tej, Sahbazz, 50pence, Ravenbb, Hitcher, Kalimar, zorilya, DaKa, warhammer, mike, TOViper, Dan, Mondkalb, Alpha125, ComadeR.

vs

13/16 OPFOR(Ramon): IceBreakr (as RamonVidal), comanche, G2 (as Carlos), El Diablo, PeterGrozni (as Paco Rabante), ColMatej, SmukY, Denis, Mchide, InFlames, norakrava, VonBUDA, Smukec.

Sounds interesting.

I got 3 people including myself locked and loaded for ArmA 90% of the time. Maybe more.

HitCorp PMC

[HC]-Cpt.Kirby

[HC]-1LT.Tate

[HC]-SSG.Hokkanen

Oh, and BTW It'll be hard to blend in with squad XML's and custom faces xD Should we disable them?

This sounds good, I'll try and make it and I'll bring FRAPs with me. Hopefully knock a little video up.

TODAY IS THE DAY!

Roster for this mission updated (check above), currently we have 18 folks and only 8 mercenaries, it will be a tough fight even without SBP playing as Ramon's elite guard =)

You just need two addons: Mercenaries 0.2 and OFM Uhao (obviously), links added to the first post.

PMC Company will announce the leader of their merc team in few hours... signups are still OPEN, c'mon ppl join!

p.s. US Marines deny any involvement, but unknown sources claim that 2 US ships came closer to the shores of Uhao over the night and might assist in overthrowning Ramon! One ship is equipped with BGM-109 Tomahawk missiles and other carries over than 50 highly trained marines with UH60s.

Hi, does the Required Addons list means that no Jonn's USMC v1.6,

Jonny's SF's v1.0 & my M4's or the replacement files for all that

plus -96Kb custom faces are not allowed?, and what happens if

you don't have TS? could those of us who don't use TS join?, how

many slots are available for the players and on which side?. Let's C ya

hey i'm sorry if i sound like a noob but what did you mean by running Arma with parimeters -mod=@ToU; i understand what this would do i just don't understand where that needs to be inputed

thanks in advance

zorilya

There is a photo of today's suspect, Ramon Vidal, here he is:

ramon_vidal.jpg

Kalimar, Hitcher, zorilya, of course you can join.

Kalimar: Today we're not going to use ECS nor SLX.

Zoriyla:

zorilya.jpg

Hope that helps.

At 2100 (EURO) 1900 (zulu) we shall meet on teamspeak

TSName: Ts.vojak.si

Password: valuk

Download the needed addon pack from here.

i would love to come my game name is warhammer i also have a friend mike who would like to come

Hi!

nickname|squad(optional)|number of players you have

TOViper | Individual | only myself

greetings

TOViper

If it's not too late, i'd love to be an unsuspecting tourist.

Mondkalb | Individual | Only me

Thanks ppl, we're getting full smile_o.gif

Current total signups: 34/40

21/24 BLUFOR(PMC): Cpt.Kirby, 1Lt.Tate, SSg.Hokkanen, RUS, Sparks50, SharpShooter, m4tej, Sahbazz, 50pence, Ravenbb, Hitcher, Kalimar, zorilya, DaKa, warhammer, mike, TOViper, Dan, Mondkalb, Alpha125, ComadeR.

vs

13/16 OPFOR(Ramon): IceBreakr (as RamonVidal), comanche, G2 (as Carlos), El Diablo, PeterGrozni (as Paco Rabante), ColMatej, SmukY, Denis, Mchide, InFlames, norakrava, VonBUDA, Smukec.

BE SURE to setup teamspeak, as you get servername + password on our teamspeak at 1900Z (euro 21:00, uk 20:00):

ts.vojak.si

pass: valuk

Cya there!

Hi there, Zeus has a few people too please.

Jinef

RyanGrozny

Hund

(warhammer and mike are from Zeus too but are already signed up)

Edit: All on blufor please.

Great, if we got the people form the old OFP-Zeus coop evening on our side, nothing can stop us! Nothing!

yay.gif