Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAce

Warfare_32_V1_CANS

Warfare_32_V1.3_CANS CrazyAce North and South

This is an edited Warfare mission based off Matt Rochelles’ warfare mod.

*Changes_v1.3*

-Added several vehicles to west and east factories.

-Added RHS_Weap and rh_aks to East weapons.

-Added Tanya Black Ops, Mercs and swm_ghillie_sniper_pack to West barracks; Partisans, RHS_Marines and swm_ghillie_sniper_pack to East Barracks.

-Replaced Mandos scout plane from AV8B to UAV for West.

-Incorporated Mando missiles v2.3 and Mando bombs with Air Support Console v1.57.

-Fixed supply error on North Island.

-Cleaned up starting sides, each side can use team leader, combat medics, and Special Forces (Especas for East).

-West now starts with M4AIM, 2 smoke grenades and 2 grenades. East starts with AK74, 2 hand grenades and 2 smoke grenades.

-To use Mandos’ ASC (even after death) open the map and press the Alpha button ONE time on the radio, the radio is set on a repeatable trigger as I can’t find a way that works to have the ASC stay in the action menu after death.

So if you press the APLHA button more than once you will have more than one ASC in the action menu.

The ASC text will appear on screen and can get a little annoying and in the way sometimes, I'm still working on a better fix for the ASC.

-West AimPoints ammo drop, East RHS ammo drop from ASC.

-A10 is used for close air support and bombing runs.

-Vehicle supply drops' HMMWV TOW for West and BRDM2 for East.

-West and East reinforcements and Airborne assault drop their indicated soldiers, West has all 1st infantry Div troops + 2 SF class, East has all East troops + 2 Especas class.

-Eliminated the Salvage trucks because they just get in the way.

-Removed need for Fast travel; use the evacuation instead.

-DEFAULTVIEWDISTANCE = 2000, AIRCRAFTVIEWDISTANCE = 3000, SIDESTARTINGDISTANCE = 4000.

-Moved Halo jump from Corazol to both airfields.

-Added a few more infantry patrols in small (no cap) towns.

-Added a few RHS weapons to East.

-Moved BRDM2's and M113 to heavy factory.

-For MP lag reasons I have not incorporated the AI to use mando bombs, only human players may use the ASC.

*Changes_v1.2*

-Placed several M2 RACS and RACS Machine Gun nests around and in big cities

-Added CameronMcDonalds’ 1st Infantry Division models for West soldiers

-Added some of AimPoints’ guns to the buy menu for West

-Changed the starting lineup of playable soldiers for both sides

-Placed several Ammo dumps throughout the map at abandoned military sites and in some cities

-Rearranged some of the random starting locations, as a number of them started in very vertical places

-Changed the cost of several items, guns, vehicles, soldiers, structures

-Increased the time it takes to build some structures

-Added a few more infantry patrols

-Replaced loading music, picture and replaced captured objective (city) sound.

::NOTE:: Until I get full permission to release other people’s add-ons as a support pack; manual download is required for this mod to work. Sorry, but sadly that is just how it is...

*Addons required*

AimPoint 1.2

1st Infantry Division

RHS Weapons

MODUL Sky v.1.0 beta

2k12 kub (SA-6 Gainful)

USMC AAVP7A1

UAV RQ-1 Predator

BMD-1

M1114 Up-Armoured

RAF Chinook

RHS T-64 MBT

BTR 80 - zGuba edit

BTR-90

T-90

Vilas vehicles pack (vibi)

Vilas APC

Russian Federation Units

SWM standalone Ghillie Sniper Addon Pack

TANYA (Female stand alone soldier) My Fav inlove.gif

XAM Ghillie Snipers – Standalone

Crionyk's Weapons Pack

MAG 58 with ACOG (M240)

MAG 58 with aimpoint

RH AK's pack 2.0

RH Pistol Pack

vilas Weapons pack

+Future Plans+

-Add buildable structures

-Add more vehicles to both East and West

-Replace RACS skins

-Add more weapons to both East and West

-Get permission to release support packs around 3gb total

-And anything else I can’t think of at the moment

=My Recommendations=

Play this mission with DurgsVegetationFix, HiFi1.5 and/or SLX mod for more of a challenge.

Credits go out to:

BIS and Warfare developers

Matt Rochelles’

CameronMcDonald

AimPoint

Rommel

Mondo

Coligipip

Victor

Badger

All of the supported mod authors... to many to list atm smile_o.gif

And to everyone that helped me at Armaholics, OFPEC and surprisingly on the BiS forums.

Download v1.3

Armaholic mirror v1.3

Sounds interesting, suprised no one has posted on this.

Id try it out, but dont have inclination at this time to mess with addons for online play, due to the fact most of my time is spent modding when im on tounge2.gif, maybe a version without the addons, which would be more user friendly overall to those many like me that come on and just like to jump in a mission if it sounds good smile_o.gif

Wow a reply wow_o.gif

Yea I don’t blame you about the additional add-ons, except currently I have no way to implement add-ons in 1 file, otherwise that’s what it would be.

V1.2 is aimed mainly at singleplayer (LAN) infantry/vehicle based fighting, I still have yet to figure out how to get the AI to build aircrafts and fly them.

I have noticed that 1 AI does man the artillery as gunner, so in order to call artillery strikes as is with this version, you’ll have to buy a soldier and mount them as re-loader. For some reason if you mount 2 of your squad units on the Artillery and call for a strike it doesn’t happen, I guess it has to do with an AI template that tells non-playable infantry to fire the thing...

At start up with v1.2 the selectable soldier classes will have to be replaced as most are not properly equipped for their role. I guess it’s a global value to have all east equipped the AK and West to equip the M16… I’m still trying to work on it. I guess as a workaround I'll just have 3 class types to choose from; Medic, Rifleman and leamleader. The buyable units do come equipped as their role, sniper has sniper rifle, machine gunner has machinegun, ect…

Honestly, I think what might be missing a an over-all general description of the goal of your warfare modification - aside from adding in addons.

I notice a number of changes you mentioned in costs, time to build, etc - but nothing that indicates like lower/higher costs, and most importantly, what the overall gameplay change is from these modifications smile_o.gif

Unfortunately I think its hard also to sell a mod of a popular mp mission that includes a bunch of addons, only because, again, it means the only people that will be able to play it must have these, and, again, when missions like warfare are put up for the public on servers, theres often a large percentage of 'floaters' people that just drop in after noticing its up, who want to just play warefare as they are used to, without addons.

A version of Warfare that requires a number of addons would probably have to sell really good overall in the community, and get really well known before lots of people would bother to get those addons, and turn them into mods so they dont get server denials due to them, just to play ur mission.

Just my opinion smile_o.gif

Hi

Any of the fixes I posted in Matt's thread should work for you too, since you based your work on his.

Here is a handy program for comparing the missions, to see the differences: http://winmerge.org/ It's free.

Oktane thats the program I was looking for a week ago, thanx man :-)

Quote[/b] ]

I notice a number of changes you mentioned in costs, time to build, etc - but nothing that indicates like lower/higher costs, and most importantly, what the overall gameplay change is from these modifications

Well no I wouldn't want to ruin it for every one smile_o.gif

Version 1.3 released with many addons, sorry no support pack yet available; please see first post for description.

Should I even bother wasting my time with this mod anymore?

Should I upload the support pack?

...Anyone huh.gif

I will download and play it right now lol.

No idea what you mean by support pack, but sure why not.

I will of course be modding it to my own needs (maximum player group size= 999 lol)

as I like to split into 4 squads of 12 (red, green, blue, and yellow team) and tell the rest of my 2 AI team mates to stay back and watch the master work lol (as AI PLAYERS, as in player slot AI are retards and their move orders encompass a 2km range, and if you tell them to move somewhere, you can be hella sure they will be at least 1km from where you told them to move to)

Basically I eliminate the other players on my team except 1 or 2 for base and city defense, then enable the full 8 for east.. and have a blast...

Without a save feature my game NEVER last long enough for me to even get close to engaging an enemy base or being engaged at my base, so far my longest game has been 16 hours long, 5 of which I just left running while I went out to my uncles lol.

I never actually read this mod before, partly due to the very few replies, and partly because I skimmed over it and had no idea what anything in your list meant.

But now that I have been playing ArmA for.. 1 week I understand what everything is lol.

Sorry for the ultimately long reply..

And AWESOME mod.

EDIT: and may I add, Fallout 2 Enclave power armor Mk2 is the s*** lol

and before I download, I will have to figure out what addons I already have lol.. my folder is SOO full of them (and no I didn't use the mod folder method as it wasnt working because I forgot to add the = in "-mod=#######" lol

I got an error at starting mission.

it says "you cant edit/play vilas_wpn deleted...."

(sorry, I dont remember right but, it was something like this)

I tried 1.07 and 1.06 vilas_wpn mod but same error occured.

I can play the mission anyway... dont know why this error occurs.

BTW! thankyou for making this warfare.

its awesome indeed.

I've been waiting for an all-addons-included pack for this before trying it...sounds interesting, but even if I myself make the effort to get all those addons I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get the people I play with to do so!

I've been waiting for an all-addons-included pack for this before trying it...sounds interesting, but even if I myself make the effort to get all those addons I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get the people I play with to do so!

you are almost right Shrub! I'de downoaded them before I saw your post!

This Mod sounds like a great idea but couldn't all the addon's be zipped up into one (or two) download's, perhaps within I file, for all those 'I can't be bothered' out there and I include myself among them? huh.gif

Blimey! Slatie registers for a forum...now I really know the turning on of the LHC has kicked us into a parallel universe wink_o.gif

CrazyAce, I tried to download all of the addons, but the T90 isn't available from armaholic - says something about download has been disabled until issues with permissions are sorted out?