Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani Iraq

Opteryx did you make your houses usable for the AI? Can they use the Paths?

Not yet.

Good.

I think its better to fix the Geo LOD or the Roadway LOD in some buildings first, because some seem to stuck while we try to get in or get out.

Some times all you need is move the roadway LOD up a little bit, happened to me already.

edit: you can start making the Paths for the dumb AIs, they work smile_o.gif

check the Paths LOD thread

Yeah I'm fixing the most essential things first.

Is anyone else having trouble with the main dual carriageway? I am just messing about in the editor, and have an AI 2 vehicle convoy driving South-North along it. Just after the roundabout, and just before the second road on the right, the vehicle always ploughs into the central reservation. After that, there seems to be a 50/50 chance of whether the vehicles will hit anything again, or even swap onto the other side of the road?

In my convoy of three humvees only the first drove at the right

speed and without ANY troubles right thrue the city.

Then we got blown up... whistle.gif

Hi

*Quote (Jocko Flocko):

Quote[/b] ]Any progress on finding out what is killing the tracer lighting effects on buildings and objects? The lighting effects at night during a firefight really increases the atmosphere and realism.

Seems that the 6Th Sense tracers work by night normaly outside

the city, so i'll blam the way the game's engine create the light

sources or how they interact ones with anothers; so i belive that

there is nothing that Opterix can do about it. Let's C ya

The more i play this map the better it gets! xmas_o.gif

Btw we have just started using 6th tracers again and we dont have a problem with them at day or in the town? smile_o.gif

Is anyone else having trouble with the main dual carriageway? I am just messing about in the editor, and have an AI 2 vehicle convoy driving South-North along it. Just after the roundabout, and just before the second road on the right, the vehicle always ploughs into the central reservation. After that, there seems to be a 50/50 chance of whether the vehicles will hit anything again, or even swap onto the other side of the road?

I have the same, they try to go for the gaps in the barriers and cross over, normally in a convoy of 3 or more the back ones linked as a team will go on a mad one. Even set to Column Compact.

Seems to me that its how big the convoy teams are, try 2 and it seems ok. Also try it with one waypoint to a second all the way through the road that might cause it, try stepping more waypoints and see.

I tried a convoy from the north coming down toward the south to then end up at the roundabout part, before they get to the main road over the hill coming in (in the pre town road area) all of them will go off the road through the rough in an arc then back to the road, not sure what that's all about.

If your testing AI pathfinding try 3 humvees column compact linked with waypoint/waypoints north down to south of the road placed outside of the town and watch.

That's the fault of the incompetent AI pathfinding instead of the map. It works the same on Sahrani, half the time my convoy of three vehicles is standing still because somebody drove off the road or just decided to slow down or went left right.

That's the fault of the incompetent AI pathfinding instead of the map. It works the same on Sahrani, half the time my convoy of three vehicles is standing still because somebody drove off the road or just decided to slow down or went left right.

True, but also I fear that some of their inability to navigate along roads in certain areas is because I've had to break networks into pieces. This is due to the idiotic way road building is made in ArmA. There will be instances where broken networks overlap so that the roads can match the satellite imagery, this creates coplanar roadway LODs which terminate each other, this can disrupt AI's pathfinding. Nothing I can do about that.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but we have shelved the island at this stage due to the fact that when doing a patrol we took fire....got hit...and when the birdy flew to the culprit low and behold he was behind 2 buildings....for some reason he was able to see through and fire through 2 buildings...they where the same structure so a assume there is some bug with that structure....is this being fixed yet...if not let me know and il will be happy to email or pm you the details as we do like the map and are really keen to continue using it.

Cheers

Post the details here please. Oh and also, it's really annoying when people assume that I know they're talking about without even giving specifics. I can't fix anything if I don't know what you're talking about.

Well if you had have read the above post properly you would have seen that i did not give specifics as I wasnt sure if it had been discussed already. But, as I also said, if it had not been, I would be happy to give you the specifics.

Dont get narky about things not working mate.. I like the map and am taking the time to try to help out cause I want to use it but cant with it the way it is at the mo.

I still have the misson so ill put a vid together and some pics to help out.

Just trying to help mate

Cheers mate

Well if you had have read the above post properly you would have seen that i did not give specifics as I wasnt sure if it had been discussed already. But, as I also said, if it had not been, I would be happy to give you the specifics.

Dont get narky about things not working mate.. I like the map and am taking the time to try to help out cause I want to use it but cant with it the way it is at the mo.

I still have the misson so ill put a vid together and some pics to help out.

Just trying to help mate

Cheers mate

Sure man, wasn't specifically directing that comment towards your post, it's just that I've been getting quite a few useless "bug reports" via PM which should go in this thread and be elaborate, getting somewhat tired of that...

Also I'm somewhat touchy right now because some idiot has leaked 'something' I made which was not intended for public, so yeah, I'm a bit edgy. No offense meant.

At any rate, what buildings are you experiencing these bugs on?

No probs mate I understand. Really keen to use this map so was hoping you could fix this issue. Details below

Location on the map and the location of the blufor, opfor and the possible buidlings the AI can see and fire through.

gcs0009ik3.jpg

gcs0011qq8.jpg

Blufor field of view when hit

gcs0004hw1.jpg

Opfor field of view when engaging

gcs0002pw3.jpg

Was just luck that it happened as the opfor was placed on a 2nd floor and could therefore see over the ArmA walls. There was an opfor placed on ground level that did not engage.

Hope that helps.

3Lions

So if I understand you correct these are the culprits?

piczl6.jpg

The red arrow one I discovered the bug on yesterday, I'll have a look at the other one.