Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani Iraq

ca\misc\sloupyele.p3d

Hi, I just wanted to say that the island/map is kick ass! But there is one really big problem the preformance hit in the center of the city is really really big... Some friends I play whit are really complaining about that. Any word on fixing that?

Yes this map is indeed kick ass!

Ive had more fun on this map then the whole of sahrani!

VERY VERY good look and feel!

Good thing we cannot feel the heat behind our computers! smile_o.gif

Those new humvees are great for this map!

Hi,

I edited config file for apartmentbuilding_1 and now it collapses and leave ruins. Here is the edited config - http://www.sendspace.com/file/442tma

I used DestructionEffects from BIS church building and some ruin model from buildings.pbo.

Hope this will be useful wink_o.gif

Hi,

I edited config file for apartmentbuilding_1 and now it collapses and leave ruins. Here is the edited config - http://www.sendspace.com/file/442tma

I used DestructionEffects from BIS church building and some ruin model from buildings.pbo.

super! yay.gif

o) thanx

only one building on map?

sorry not tested at now)) so what about another building?

--------------

@Opteryx

really interesting and atmospheric map

very)

Hi,

Thank you. I'll see if I can implement this on all buildings.

Hi,

Thank you. I'll see if I can implement this on all buildings.

Opteryx if you cant make the Mateck's code to work, you can use the following one that works on my models and tested twice.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches {

class buildings {

units[] = {"Land_building2"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {"CAData", "CABuildings"};

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class Thing;

class Building;

class Strategic;

class NonStrategic: Building

{

class DestructionEffects;

};

class HouseBase;

class Land_VASICore;

class House : HouseBase

{

class DestructionEffects;

};

class Ruins;

class Land_building2_Ruins : Ruins {

scope = protected;

vehicleClass = "Ruins";

model = "\ca\buildings\ruins\dum_istan4_big_ruins";

displayName = "building2_Ruins";

};

class Land_building2 : House {

model = "\Amiriya\buildings\building2";

displayName = "Building2";

armor = 700;

class DestructionEffects : DestructionEffects {

class Ruin1 {

simulation = "ruin";

type = "\ca\buildings\ruins\dum_istan4_big_ruins.p3d";

position = "";

intensity = 1;

interval = 1;

lifeTime = 2;

};

};

};

};

It works on my models on my terrain, i named the model building2 (lack of imagination biggrin_o.gif),

If you didn't make the other code to work, use this one.

My config is located here: P:\Amiriya\buildings\config.cpp (same folder as the p3d's)

edit: i think the code i posted can be optimized though, but didn't got into it yet.

Hi to all........I realy love this map and i was trying to play CRCTI OGN FREE vk in it but there is a problem i didnt have with other maps. When you try to conctruct the Com center the workers dont build it. The other buildings (Heavy, light vehicles, aircraft and barracks)dont have this problem, the workers construct them.

I know this is only beta, but i didnt have this problem with other Beta Maps.

I hope you can solve this problem for me.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english!!!

Heya most of the buildings in the editor wont load for me, is there any reason for this or just me?

Sweet, somebody made a map with my shit. And my stuff's buggy. Yeah, whoops, forgot some parts with the geolod.

Man, I wish I made more stuff for ya. No wait, I don't, I'm too lazy.

Hi to all........I realy love this map and i was trying to play CRCTI OGN FREE vk in it but there is a problem i didnt have with other maps. When you try to conctruct the Com center the workers dont build it. The other buildings (Heavy, light vehicles, aircraft and barracks)dont have this problem, the workers construct them.

I know this is only beta, but i didnt have this problem with other Beta Maps.

I hope you can solve this problem for me.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english!!!

I have no idea why this is happening and therefore I won't be able to fix it.

Heya most of the buildings in the editor wont load for me, is there any reason for this or just me?

Do you have the additional PBOs (OPXmisc/OPXbuildings) in the same addon folder?

Sweet, somebody made a map with my shit. And my stuff's buggy. Yeah, whoops, forgot some parts with the geolod.

I'll try and fix it.

Man, I wish I made more stuff for ya. No wait, I don't, I'm too lazy.

;_;

heya yer its all in the same folder, should it be seperated?

I love this map. It's masterful, but I noticed one problem that other users or perhaps even yourself, the developer might not catch.

I have a bad obsessive impulse when it comes to Flashpoint/ArmA mods. Objects, units, DisplayNames must all be properly capitalized, organized, and have proper spelling... or else I go crazy when I look at the editor.

I was going through the buildings pbo and renaming stuff like StreetLamp to Street Lamp, apartment_building_1 to Apartment Building 1 and etc, and I noticed that in the misc file, you only have the code entered of only 3/4 total graves. Grave 3 is missing and instead, you have two instances of grave without numerical value. To correct this, on the second instance of "grave", just put grave3 and if you're like me, DisplayName= "Grave 3" underneath that so you can see it in the editor.

The objects aren't really meant to be used in the editor, so I've been really sloppy with that. I will not change shitty names because that will result in lots of extra work I'm afraid.

-edit-

Also I'm chronically disorganized (literally diagnosed), so even if I wanted to I probably wouldn't be able. biggrin_o.gif

You should see my desktop...

The objects aren't really meant to be used in the editor, so I've been really sloppy with that. I will not change shitty names because that will result in lots of extra work I'm afraid.

-edit-

Also I'm chronically disorganized (literally diagnosed),  so even if I wanted to I probably wouldn't be able.  biggrin_o.gif

You should see my desktop...

lol, you're diagnosed with /b/tardation.

Screeeen\!!

What?

lol, you're diagnosed with /b/tardation.

wat

What about garbages lying on streets? Will there be option to disable them by lowering terrain details? Just like little rocks on Sakakah. That would significantly reduce lag in center of the city.

I'm hoping that at least resolution LODs will be optimized so the garbages will not be visible from 2000 meters wink_o.gif

g1ns2.th.jpg

But still this is kick ass map smile_o.gif

To correct my previous post

Quote[/b] ]You should see my Desktop....

So i said

Quote[/b] ]Screen

As in can we see it please....Failed Joke

Hi, i've found another bug on another building, in this one:

avgani_bug_01.jpg

Inside it there's a small squared room (kinda as a small storage space)

that you can shot through it's wall to inside/outside that small squared

room, also the closed windows & doors on that building look a bit

weird using the same texture than the rest of the building, instead

use a texture as a bricks block or something. Let's C ya

What about garbages lying on streets? Will there be option to disable them by lowering terrain details? Just like little rocks on Sakakah. That would significantly reduce lag in center of the city.

Yeah it's not clutter, but actual objects or else there would be trash spread all across the entire map.

I'm hoping that at least resolution LODs will be optimized so the garbages will not be visible from 2000 meters wink_o.gif

Yes I'm going to optimize the LODs for trash objects.

To correct my previous post
Quote[/b] ]You should see my Desktop....

So i said

Quote[/b] ]Screen

As in can we see it please....Failed Joke

Right, no way. biggrin_o.gif

Hi, i've found another bug on another building, in this one: img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/avgani_bug_01.jpg[/img]

Inside it there's a small squared room (kinda as a small storage space)

that you can shot through it's wall to inside/outside that small squared

room, also the closed windows & doors on that building look a bit

weird using the same texture than the rest of the building, instead

use a texture as a bricks block or something. Let's C ya

I shall have a look at that. Let's C ya