Sign in to follow this  
Kapyong

Austrlasian Battle Group Troops

G'day All,

Here is a W.I.P of My ABG Auscam (Australian Camo, aka, DPCU) Soldiers.

NOTE: Theese are not exact reprasentations of Australian Forces, but more of a variant for the ABG Clan.

The Camo is more or less a photoshopped direct scan of some of my uniforms from my service days.

DPCU Section Commander

DPCU Section Commander #2

DPCU Section Commander #3

DPCU Section Commander #4

To Do List:

Add Mapping to Texutres, at the moment they are pure co_paa (Colour Textures) :helpsos:

Addition of 'Biscuit' (Australian Army Identification Flash/Badge worn on upper arm)

Addition of Velcro Flash (Hopefuly to be editable for you place any texture you want, be it national or clan)

Change of Kneepads/Boots

Incorporation of more Webbing and better Textured base plate/rig

Desert Version (If i can be assed going to my garage to dig out of my DPDU, Desert Uniform)

The Weapons used are the Great Australians At War F88 Pack Made by Soldier-X, by far the best F88s in any game i have played to date notworthy.gif

As Always, comments, questions and ideas always welcome whistle.gif

Looks great mate - the Auscam on the shirt/trousers looks perfect!

Just my humble 2c though, the Auscam pattern on the bush hat looks a little small.

Can you please consider a long sleeve version as well? Perhaps a version with helmet?

Thanks again mate - the chest rig looks cool too!

Stew

Thanks Stew,

I have noticed the Hat aswell and will adjust, and of course there will be Long Sleeve and Helmet varient depending on class aswell smile_o.gif

Thanks for your 2c smile_o.gif

Thanks Shieldsy, and of course, I hope you get motivated to get your DPDU stuff out of the garage - I'd love a DPDU version - but didn't want to sound greedy! wink_o.gif

Cheers

Stew

Changelog for Today:

Replaced RACs Flag with DPCU Australian Camo (old issue, but looks nice)

All Mapping completed.

More parts of MOLLE System Added to Front Rig.

Added Longsleeve Version (nicknamed the Stewster)

If anyone has any more ideas, please feel free to post, i will put up screenshot tomorrow from work when the boss isnt over my shoulder tounge2.gif

"Stewster" - lol! tounge2.gif

Well, mate, if you're still taking ideas - what about bending the BIS bushhat into the classic 'Aussie' shape? Push the sides down, etc...

Gee, what else?  Pilot / Crewmember / Medic in Auscam?

Backpack version?  Just thinking out loud mate

Oh, and please can you allow custom faces through "this setface"? I love the Swiss Cam Face pack!

Thanks

biggrin_o.gif

Ahoy All,

Here is a few screenshots of the currant work.

Updated Pic

Updated Pic #2

Updated Pic #3

@Stew, i have started pulling the hat in a bit more to resemble a giggle hat, unfortunatly i sold my 2 a few months ago, and have just been going off pictures as a 'fashion' guide.

Still gotta fix the Hat Camo and tweak the mapping a little bit more.

Also started basic work on a Backpack (more or less a MOLLE 3 Day pack) but hoping to have a full size ALICE pack soon enough.

Keep the ideas rolling guys

Looking good mate, don't forget the Aussie flag is on the left arm (with Union Jack facing to the front) and the Op Patch (don't know the official name) is on the other side.

Keep it up mate smile_o.gif

Stew

Here's a pic for patch reference wink_o.gif

Cheers Stew, I forgot what side the patch was on (Never was issued with new cams) so i will adjust, and the op patch will be the new feature where u place ur own texture, if not, i might just throw in some parachute wings or perhaps just the Tri-Service colours from ADFA (Brother In Law Attended, damn Officers smile_o.gif)

Cool, well, see how you go mate - I think that maybe blank velcro would be better than an ADFA Patch, or Iraq / East Timor / Afghanistan - there's not really a patch for Sahrani, Everon or Applegate Training area is there wink_o.gif

Para wings aren't worn on cams are they?

If you're struggling with the new cams, I'm an 'old' cams guy too - why not just make both shoulders blank?

Your rock show mate, sorry - again, just thinking out loud...

smile_o.gif

Thinking i might just leave both arms blank for the time being and throw an ANF on a velcro patch on the front patch of the MOLLE Rig i rekon.

Started work on some Helmet Troops, as well as some more headway on the 3 day pack (i do models on weekend, and textures at work, stupid forigen boss nener.gif )

Thanks for input mate thumbs-up.gif

Ha Ha, nice - I try and avoid work as much as possible too whistle.gif

Update:

MOLLE Plate on back fixed, now lines up with body.

Hat modeled more to resemble giggle hat.

Added more additions to MOLLE Plate.

Still a LOT more to come, now starting work on ze helmets.

Update #1

Update #2

Update #3

Looking good mate - please keep it up smile_o.gif

Stew

Great work mate, any WIP pics of the Helmeted one??? I think you have replicated the hat pretty good!

Just noticed that the vest is out of line on the shoulders, are you able to fix that??? or ArmA bug?

arma2008-07-2719-55-34-17.jpg

that would be my bad mate, still lining the plate up to correctly fit onto the body.

Hopefully ( rofl.gif ) will have a W.I.P of the helmet for you by Tonight at some point.

Ahoy there mengs!

Update Time:

Still got some work to do on the Camelback in regards to Textures.

Still modeling some other varients of troops, but i have more or less done the Bushhat (Light) and Helmet (Heavy) Digs.

Screens Speak for themselves really.

Screen

ScreenScreen

Screen

sweeeeeeet!

could you tell if and if so what vehicles might be included in this pack?

i would be happy with just a couple of Aussi landies but then, the more the merrier right? wink_o.gif

@ Shadow:

My knowledge on Configs with vehicles is limited.

I dont have any plans for any major vehicle work in the future.

Perhaps if i came across some models, or a ready made skeliton and config i may persue it