Sign in to follow this  
Spooner

Warfare removes actions for SPON Map

Warfare is incompatible with my SPON Map addon, since SPON Map adds actions to the player and vehicles in order to allow the player to view an alternative map interface.

My map is ideally suited to enhancing any COOP or MP mission with a vastly improved map GUI and inter-player communications. It works great with Evolution, for example ;P

I might not have assuming it was the fault of your mission, but Warfare uses removeAction with hardcoded indexes in several places (though I couldn't find the actual place in a script that was deleting my action), rather than recording the indexes given when addAction is used and deleting those. This means that if other people add actions before Warfare does, then these third-party actions could be deleted by warfare while Warfare actions could be being left behind:

warfare\MPMissions\Warfare.SaraLite\Client\Client_Killed.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Line 3 : player RemoveAction 0

Line 4 : player RemoveAction 1

Line 5 : player RemoveAction 2

Line 6 : player RemoveAction 3

It also seems to prevent the trigger I use to compile a list of players. Again, couldn't find evidence of this in the code, but it could be something in Warfare deleting things. Lot less convinced this is the fault of the mission though, but thought I'd mention it anyway, in case anyone could see an obvious reason for this.

@Warfare authors: Thanks in advance for looking into this matter for me. Please ask if you need any further information.