Sign in to follow this  
Axek/Axyl

Warfare 1.1 on Yanutha Island

Hey Everyone,

I ported the BIS Warfare 1.1 mission to the Yanutha Island.  Our small squad were getting frustrated with the AI on bridges and the size of the Sara Lite Island.    (We play with around 3 to 4 humans a side.)

You'll need Aussie's Yanutha Island installed as an addon for this mission to work.

The mission can be downloaded from Rapid Share.

No changes to scripting were made...  The amount of resistance (or Town Size settings) has no relationship to the actual size of the towns on Yanutha, as they're all pretty tiny.

Feel free to change completely, adopt to other Warfare styles etc.

Axek.

Gah, you people and your picture says 1000 words!   tounge2.gif

Here's a screenshot of the Island, looking from the south coast towards the north.  

warfareyanuthaep8.th.jpg

Full Screen

This creates a much smaller map for the game than in Southern Sara.  From a numbers point of view, it seems to work great with between 5 to 8 players a side.

Axek.

cheers smile_o.gif

Smaller island => very good.

I'll admit, this would be awesome. Clearly cause theres so many tactical oppurtunities for infantry warfare, and its almost impossible for proper air warfare to get far, because of the domination of the AA on this map.

smile_o.gif

What do you mean would? It is! smile_o.gif After a game on Friday night, I was actually thinking of an option to make it infantry and light vehicle only too, but upping the squads and squad limit.

Axek.

Good point. Looking forward to it. yay.gif