Sign in to follow this  
boumboumjack

fences, bridges, p3d, textures

Hi,

I have some questions about visitors3, and I d prefered to open only one topics.

I made an island on l3dc of 1.024x1.024, my maske and sat map are 2.560x2.560 (I have 10240, but to long to put in visotor 3)

Texture: My problem is that I can t see my sat texture in buldozer while I can see ground textures.

Another thing is that ground texture does not fit with the mask?!, it makes huge square instead of little ones...

Bridges: my visitor crash when I try to put the bridge linked to road (do I have to select an independant object?)

How does p3d viewer work? when I launch it it brings me to an emty 3d area, and when I select a p3d model it brings me to arma (while viewer is selected program). Is there a programm able to show rapidly all the models (like for half life?)

Fences, electric wire...: is there a mean to link them together, like roads?

And the last one, can we copy/paste, increase/decrease the size and incline the object inside buldozer?

Thank you all.

Quote[/b] ]my maske and sat map are 2.560x2.560 (I have 10240, but to long to put in visotor 3)

Another thing is that ground texture does not fit with the mask?!, it makes huge square instead of little ones...

Maybe i understand you wrong and you were not really specific on at what viewing situation the squares occur, but i assume the squares are due to the low resolution of your sat map. It might appear enough high in Photoshop, but if you stretch it onto the terrain it will introduce squares. Try the 10240 image and see if it changes anything.

Hi,

I have some questions about visitors3, and I d prefered to open only one topics.

Well now, that's a bit of a contradiction seeing as "topics" is plural tounge2.gif

I made an island on l3dc of 1.024x1.024, my maske and sat map are 2.560x2.560 (I have 10240, but to long to put in visotor 3)

Way too small sat/mask in my opinion, charonos is right. What you're seeing is probably the "mco" tiles. Things go downhill once your sat/mask pixels cover more than one meter.

Texture: My problem is that I can t see my sat texture in buldozer while I can see ground textures.

That's an odd occurrence, faulty paths somewhere perhaps?

Could you elaborate on that? Post a pic perhaps? smile_o.gif
Bridges: my visitor crash when I try to put the bridge linked to road (do I have to select an independant object?)

Yes, never seen V3 crash for that reason, but yes, bridges are supposed to be inserted on the map as "Artificial Objects", road objects need special properties such as memory points to snap in the road tool.

How does p3d viewer work? when I launch it it brings me to an emty 3d area, and when I select a p3d model it brings me to arma (while viewer is selected program).

Do you mean "Buldozer"? And specifically, Buldozer in O2 or Visitor?

Is there a programm able to show rapidly all the models (like for half life?)

No, not really. confused_o.gif Your best bet is to place EVERYTHING out on your map and just use whatever you want from there. When you're done just delete the undesired remains.

Fences, electric wire...: is there a mean to link them together, like roads?

Yes, but then as mentioned earlier you'd have to add memoriy points to MLOD models, I'm pretty sure they will also be drawn as roads on the in-game map so that would look somewhat odd.

And the last one, can we copy/paste, increase/decrease the size and incline the object inside buldozer?

Yes everything except incline.

OK, bridges are not a problems anymore (excpet that I don t find modern bridge, I found only keminy).

But this textureproblem piss me off. I put the sat ico 10240x1024, ground texture (sand, rock grass) work well, but my ground texture (satellite one) work absolutely not, from sky, the map is totally white. Though I can see the satellite map cut in the layers folder...

How can u copy and past in the buldozer view and increase/ decrease size? (I know it from classical view).

Do u know where I can find, the big hangar, the antennas and the modern bridge?

Thank you

All the bridge models are in the same place:

ca\roads ...

most_stred30.p3d

most_bez_lamp.p3d

Kamenny_most30.p3d

Kamenny_most30v2.p3d

Planck

OK, bridges are not a problems anymore (excpet that I don t find modern bridge, I found only keminy).

Dunno if all the bridges are included in the MLOD releases, might want to un-PBO the binarized road PBO and see if they're there, if not, I have no clue as to where they're located.

But this textureproblem piss me off. I put the sat ico 10240x1024, ground texture (sand, rock grass) work well, but my ground texture (satellite one) work absolutely not, from sky, the map is totally white. Though I can see the satellite map cut in the layers folder...

"10240x1024" is that a misspelling or the actual dimensions? If they are it's supposed to be square, ie. 10240x10240.

How can u copy and past in the buldozer view and increase/ decrease size? (I know it from classical view).

You can't.

Do u know where I can find, the big hangar, the antennas and the modern bridge?

http://www.armaholic.net/argenti....2.1.pdf

In this pdf you'll find a list of all objects with a picture attached.

Whoaou! Thx for the link, it s wonderfull!

For my sat text, I have a 10240x10240, it should work, I followed the tutorial map from a to z and even with this it did not work... sad_o.gif

Have you the airport hangar or was it not realised?