Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s Army Special Forces

@Drbobcat :

Quote[/b] ].efil fo noitavresbo na tsuj ,sweiv ym t'nera esehT :ETON ESAELP

That was the clue. Just read from right to left. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]it was a bit late yesterday and i had obviously a few drinks too much before i wrote that post quotin

Ah the old "drink-and-post" demons .... nasty them, nasty. *hick*.  wink_o.gif It could have been worse, you could have offered people "outside if your ard' enuff" while stumbling around your keypad and falling off your seat.

Jonny??? why u don't update ur marines??  huh.gif

what where you thinking about? any specific wishes?

Oh and if there is anything else that i could do for you. Just drop me a message. I'd be glad to help you with whatever bothers you....

... seriously  confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Jonny??? why u don't update ur marines??  

picard-facepalm.jpg

You talking about the best ArmA addon ever, and you want upadate?huh.gif??? crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Hey no problem Jonny. No need to apologize.

I'm just happy that you're not leaving cuz you nearly gave us all a heart attack.

Whatever updates you do I and I'm sure all of your fans are VERY greatful for. So its all up to you as I know you're a busy man.

However I think you will REALLY like the AI Simmons entry tools. They were released a long time ago and sadly nobody ever really noticed them much. But in my opinion they were one of the coolest addons released in ArmA and I'm surprised that nobody ever incorporated them into their addons.

But yeah you are right..scripts can bog down the CPU.

I need to test all my IDF guys to see how big of a hit the framerates take. Hopefully not much.

The entry tools thread can be found here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....simmons

Also I highly recommend using the new uparmored humvee addon for screenshots and stuff with your new units.

That addon was released by NZXSHADOWS in his thread here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=120

The download link is on his top post. Check out pics of it on the last page. I made a short mission with your SF guys riding in 4 of these uparmored humvees. We assaulted from 300 meters a small town guarded by 4 full squads of SLA along with snipers all over the roof in a mission where you have to find and take out the SLA officers (which I hope to make into a snatch and grab mission where you can arrest the officer and load him into a helicopter or something).

At any rate, your guys when coupled with these humvees completely obliterated all of these squads with very few casualties. So overall I was really impressed.

smile_o.gif

These are by far my favorite SF units so far.

Rock on!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Just to say " thumbs-up.gif " on the release John. As you probebly know, i have much respect for your work, be it the way you always looking to represent realisme and on the other hand you always seam to find a golden way between eyecandy and optimization.

Glad you kept finding the motivation to carry on...

As for the nitpickers.... band.gif . Some really don't understand how hard there words come over and how demotivating it can be.

sorry mine was just a question.. sad_o.gif

i meant update just new backpacks and radio operators confused_o.gif

P.S. MehMan u should get some rest.... lol

Yes, I should, but I also thought the way the question was asked was rather rude.

@johnny

Good to see you back on track wink_o.gif

will you make recon marines?

What exactly have his Marines to do with these SF guys?

- Nothin'

And PM's please don't PR him... if anything PR me for sounding rude or obnoxious.

wink_o.gif

@Rest

Let's stay on topic from now, sort your personal stuff by PM, IM or whatever and discuss the rest in the according threads, thanks. smile_o.gif

First time played ARMA 7 hr in row...Best Addons ever.... :

thks for those awesome coooool sf...jonny notworthy.gif

For all you guys asking for Jonny to finish his Force Recon marines, all you have to do is swap out parts of the nomex textures unto the textures in this pack. I have already added some nomex troops to my middle east teams (I broke down the woodland, desert, and acu troops into different task forces for use in various environments).

It is not hard to do and very simple, no need to burden the guy with all these requests. He has done a fantastic job with these units and if you want MARSOC troops (no longer Force Recon), just swap out the textures and change the name in the config (because they wear pretty much the same stuff).

Thanks again, Jonny! thumbs-up.gif

Excellent work Jonny - your units are the same caliber and quality as the BAS SF and Delta Units of OFP.

Some people love to act like retards online. Discussion board here, not a service request log.

Not sure if anyone else had mentioned it but in the SF community usually you only see the SEALs using Coyote gear with ACU - 75th rangers usually stick with their Ranger Green (Eagle Industries) loadouts - perhaps an idea for next time? You could mix it up with ACU and the ORCS PCU tops and bottoms for some SF goodness. Bah, who cares - nice loadouts, painted guns, can't ask for anything more.

Love the NY Yankee's ball cap - nice touch! You have talent, you should be proud of your work.

Excellent work Jonny - your units are the same caliber and quality as the BAS SF and Delta Units of OFP.

Some people love to act like retards online. Discussion board here, not a service request log.

Not sure if anyone else had mentioned it but in the SF community usually you only see the SEALs using Coyote gear with ACU - 75th rangers usually stick with their Ranger Green (Eagle Industries) loadouts - perhaps an idea for next time? You could mix it up with ACU and the ORCS PCU tops and bottoms for some SF goodness. Bah, who cares - nice loadouts, painted guns, can't ask for anything more.

Love the NY Yankee's ball cap - nice touch! You have talent, you should be proud of your work.

glad that you like the addon.

I have seen lot of pictures of members of army oda's running around in tan gear. especially in eagle ciras body armor as it seems like this their current standart issue.

However it seems to be true that 75th ranger is really only using green gear apart from their acu's.

Anyway the units that i have done are meant to represent sf's/green berets so i am quite certain that i used the correct gear. (1,2,3)

oh and i kind of like pcu's. i even did a pcu texture for the special forces a while back but it seems that it just didnt make its way into the final release version.

glad that you like the addon.

I have seen lot of pictures of members of army oda's running around in tan gear. especially in eagle ciras body armor as it seems like this their current standart issue.

However it seems to be true that 75th ranger is really only using green gear apart from their acu's.

Anyway the units that i have done are meant to represent sf's/green berets so i am quite certain that i used the correct gear. (1,2,3)

oh and i kind of like pcu's. i even did a pcu texture for the special forces a while back but it seems that it just didnt make its way into the final release version.

Dude, you nailed it. People need to understand that the units in special operations wear what you created. It does not matter if it is Seals, Army SF, or Delta, they all have worn their gear in that way at one time or another.

Also, they're fucking generic, there is a SEAL addon overthere (which also has some parts* of Jonny's Marines) if you want SEALs.

*Which were stolen from them, IIRC.

Also, they're fucking generic, there is a SEAL addon overthere (which also has some parts* of Jonny's Marines) if you want SEALs.

wat?

wat?

.Jonny,

You remember the Navy Seal AddOn that came out in late May/June, don't ya? They were actually pretty well done with the exception of the textures for the vests, which belonged to you I believe.

My I'm hallucinating but I swear you called him out about it with hours of the thread hitting the complete section.

"US NAVY SEALS"- was the title I thinks.

EDIT:

He did release a new version in which he removed/replaced your textures.

Here's a link for ya, check em out for sure if you haven't already:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=489

that's fixed in the version linked, he said that was an earlier beta build I think.

The other "funny" gloves are only for training.

The most common, law-enforcment gloves, which military man takes to the field - are the Nomex flight gloves.

Not trying to advice you too much but hopefully I can help a little, if you're planning to do new units in future or something. Not demanding anything.

MLCS (Maritime Load Carriage System) for US navy special forces (CIRAS and so on.), colour MJK which means Khaki

RLCS (Ranger Load Carriage System) For Ranger's only, rangers aren't SF really, just more elite infantry unit. (CIRAS and so on), colour Ranger Green

SFLCS (Special Forces Load Carriage System) = For US army's special forces  (CIRAS and so on), colour Khaki and Coyote

FSBE 2 (Full Spectrum Battle Equipment) = For USMC's special forces (CIRAS and so on), colour Coyote Brown

Also units with RRV or RRS-V = Rhodesian Recon Vest would be acceptable (IIRC those are issued)

MBSS (Maritime Ballistic Survival System) is part of MLCS at least. Should be used with PACA soft armor carrier. Like RRV or RRS-V too.

If you have any questions PM me.