Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s Army Special Forces

These are fantastic addons Jonny, you really should be a member of the BIS team for Arma 2. They'd be foolish not to consider it! :P

Great choice of people to replicate, done to a really high standard, well done. Keep up the amazing work, and dont let the idiots get you down.

bootneckofficer

The other "funny" gloves are only for training.

The most common, law-enforcment gloves, which military man takes to the field - are the Nomex flight gloves.

Yea, ten years ago maybe.

Nomex flight-gloves were used because they were more breathable than leather gloves but equally hard wearing; work gloves tended to be too heavy and stiff to operate with. They were one of the few suitable gloves on the market for a while.

Nowadays, the development of more durable fabrics has lead to companies produce purpose-built assault gloves (such as Oakleys) and flexible lightweight work-gloves like the Mechanix gloves depicted in this addon. There are now loads of suitable gloves around so flight-gloves aren't the only option and other types of hard-wearing gloves are just as prolific in theatre nowadays. I don't doubt there are tons of blokes still rocking the Nomex flight-gloves, but to suggest that all other types are 'only for training' is ridiculous.

The gloves on Jonny's SFs are fine as they are.

outstanding work, jonny. thank you very much!! (and also thanks for the replacement, mr.burns.)

i only have one suggestion to make: what do you think of moving the camera position from above the left eye to the right eye, like cameron mcdonald did on his troops? i don't know how difficult it is to do this, but i think it is really much more immersive and gives a more realistiv fov.

walkerj1

Do not quote images, also your question has been brought up at least once in this thread - and has been answered.

I get an error with these guys so none of them spawn with weapons unless I specify what they get. It says I don't have AMP_m4 etc. What do I have wrong?

I get an error with these guys so none of them spawn with weapons unless I specify what they get. It says I don't have AMP_m4 etc. What do I have wrong?

You need to download the required addon:

Here

The most common, law-enforcment gloves, which military man takes to the field - are the Nomex flight gloves.

The is complete bullshit. I'm tired of all you so called experts coming on here and telling these guys what's realistic and what's not. Mechanix gloves are not just for training. All kinds of soldiers wear them all the time, in garrision, in the field, and when deployed. I'm talking about infantry, engineers, mechanics, special forces, fucking cooks! I seen hundreds of soldiers wearing them in Iraq. Now if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, then keep your mouth shut and stop spreading wrong information.

I've been there! Ask DeadMeat from BAS who now works for BIA! Ask Rhodite or Shadow, the moderators in these forums! Ask the guys who used to run ArmedAssaultZone.com about the pictures I sent them from Baghdad advertising their website on a piece of paper inside my helicopter. All you wannabes think you know everything and you don't know shit. You hurt the community much more than you help it.

i agree, let these guys make their own things, if they ask for advice, they'll be given it by people who actually know, not what they see on military photos or at their airsofting buddies house. i personally used oakleys in iraq, as well as oakley boots, although neither were issued. i'm obviously not SF myself, just 11 bang bang. we were issued the hatch green nomex gloves with leather knuckles, and they fell apart the first day i trained with them in the states. the oakleys become brittle with age, but for 30 bucks from usstandardissue.com, with discount, who cares. went to three pair in 14 months. although ciras is widely used, i've worn the IBA, ciras, as well as the iotv, and i personally prefer the iotv, as do several of those personnel you've mentioned, it's basically an improved ciras. all in all, let these guys make their addons, they know the look they are going for, and if they need help, i'm pretty sure they know of plenty of people to ask.

He just released an entire SF pack and already you bug him for more? Seriously, just enjoy this wonderful addon for now.

Lol just what I was thinking 2 pages in. Beautiful work Jonny, thanks - these ones are going in right next to your marines and the 1st Inf addon. inlove.gif

Great addon Johnny!!!

I just noticed one thing you might want to look at if you are so inclined:

The magazines should be inserted in the MOLLE pouches upsidedown, with the floorplates sticking up, not the feed lips...The MagPulls go on the bottom of the magazines.

You COULD carry them upright, as you have them...But you would not be able to use MagPulls on them. (and, they would be more prone to getting dirt/sand inside them)

Just some constructive critisizmizzimization wink_o.gif

One small request, could you remove the NVG mounts that are flipped up? Because when adding NVGs through the init line there's a mount in use and one flipped up at the same time.

But aside from that, I can't find anything at all wrong with them.

The is complete bullshit. I'm tired of all you so called experts coming on here and telling these guys what's realistic and what's not. Mechanix gloves are not just for training. All kinds of soldiers wear them all the time, in garrision, in the field, and when deployed. I'm talking about infantry, engineers, mechanics, special forces, fucking cooks! I seen hundreds of soldiers wearing them in Iraq. Now if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, then keep your mouth shut and stop spreading wrong information.

I've been there! Ask DeadMeat from BAS who now works for BIA! Ask Rhodite or Shadow, the moderators in these forums! Ask the guys who used to run ArmedAssaultZone.com about the pictures I sent them from Baghdad advertising their website on a piece of paper inside my helicopter. All you wannabes think you know everything and you don't know shit. You hurt the community much more than you help it.

Now this has to be quoted because it's the truth!

I've never been in Iraq nor in A-Stan and if I don't know something I just shut the fuck up and don't spread shit.

Agreed 100% with your statement monty and thanks for serving and that you will always come back safe and sure notworthy.gifsmile_o.gif

@Jonny

Really nice units, I like them alot inlove.gif

Anyone can visit the Army website, check the photos link and find that there are around 50,000 different variants of gloves being worn in the 'Ghan and Iraq, and these are regular troops, in the most part.

Exhibit A:

http://www.army.mil/-images....120.jpg

Exhibit B:

http://www.army.mil/-images....915.jpg

I'm fairly sure septic troops can wear whichever gloves they like in theatre, within reason. I even saw a few pics of a 25th ID dude with fingerless gloves.

These units are really really nice ! When used along side CMD's 1stInf US troops, they fit perfectly. The use of the glove is not really a problem, but I'd like to see more variations, like shown by CMD in the above post.

Great job, anyway ! Thanks smile_o.gif

Malick

EDIT : in fact, after looking at some pics, I realize gloves are actually different on most models. My bad !

Good Day Sir,

As you may noticedI really like your addon It brings most definitly an new Perspektive to Arma with these units. I got one Request for an future Version at least not only for the SF guys basicly I guess earlier or later you will make another one with different units .So one thing I noticed in most addons is that the guys don´t wear any secondary gun in their Holster as far as I know the only Addon having this is the ADO COS. I mean it must not disappear if you use it but just for the sake of not runnin round with an empty holster it would be nice to have I think. I´m not sure how much work this is to make so If you think too much leave it away I will still love them I guess but would be nice to have though.

Kind Regards

Great work Johannes, as usual you have defined yourself as a core content creator god once again. I'll catch up with you on Skype sometime here soon.

hey guys,

disregard if it has been said, apologies but i dont have the time at the moment to read it all :P

But the mags are upside down in the shingles, you shouldnt be able to see the rounds, mags go rounds down. definately shouldnt have the magpuls on that end.

like i said disregard if it has been said.

Superb addon!

Thank you Jonny and thank's to Mr Burns for the replacement pack! notworthy.gif

Hi, im very happy with the 8 peaks cap, please don't change it.

I've noticed that there's a small desert colour slice in the LR side

of the S.Leader MICH 2002 helmet, like 3mm whide; but it's only

noticeable if you zoom in or get close to 0'5m or less, so it's not

something to be very worryed about. Let's C ya

Actually I thought the same thing about the patrol caps.  But when I looked closely, they are modfied.  They don't have the peaks on them like the USMC caps.  They basically look like a VERY starched US Army cap.  However, it would look a bit more realistic if the top of the cap was lowered a bit to look like a typical "ranger roled" style which is how they are typically worn.  For those that don't know, to "ranger role" a cap is to roll with your fingers the crease along the top part of the hat.  This helps give the cap a more squarish look but also lowers the profile of the cap a bit depending on how much you role it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi, im very happy with the 8 peaks cap, please don't change it.

I've noticed that there's a small desert colour slice in the LR side

of the S.Leader MICH 2002 helmet, like 3mm whide; but it's only

noticeable if you zoom in or get close to 0'5m or less, so it's not

something to be very worryed about. Let's C ya

These are ARMY, not Marines, get over it! The Army doesn't use those stupid caps like the Marines do.

Great looking units

shame about the comunity glove fixation tho lol rofl.gif

arma is the worlds best glove simulator on the market thumbs-up.gif