Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s Army Special Forces

Quite phenomenal work!!!

I'm sorry to be such a nunce, but since I hardly have time to play, much less learn how to speak a code language, I have a request:

Would someone with muchly skill be willing to write a replacement for this addon so I can make these units a part of my visual gameplay on any missions or multiplayer?

Appreciate it!!

Lighten up Jonny wink_o.gif

Well at least there is something that made me get back to playing ARMA.

Really great work, I can't wait to go back and edit a ton of missions to use these units. I'm pretty psyched.

You did an amazing job, some people just can't help themselves about making a comment.

Thanks for your hard work smile_o.gif

Quite phenomenal work!!!

I'm sorry to be such a nunce, but since I hardly have time to play, much less learn how to speak a code language, I have a request:

Would someone with muchly skill be willing to write a replacement for this addon so I can make these units a part of my visual gameplay on any missions or multiplayer?

Appreciate it!!

There was already a replacement posted two pages back:

Mr Burn's replacement

Take a deep breath. They are only suggestions. If you can't take suggestions and criticism then you are definately in the wrong community. That's the way it's always worked here. People release addons and the never-greatful community criticisizes, makes suggestions, and request. It's always been that way and it will never change. It's no big deal.

Well done johnny awesome quality as per usual, the best SF unit addon that ive seen to date, keep it up & a replacement would be brilliant . [cheers].

Great stuff, love your work welcome back smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]One thing that I would like to see is a fully modernized US Army infantry addon that has not only these MICH helmets but also the shoulder kevlar armor covers that are now commonly found on US Army soldiers.

What are you, blind?  crazy_o.gif

Exactly what you asked for.

@G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS

Quote[/b] ]keep it up & a replacement would be brilliant

Look two posts above yours, lol.

@CameronMcDonald

Quote[/b] ]What are you, blind?

That's too funny. The next thing he will ask for is a Cold War mod.

Wave loads of cool looking US Special Forces and Ebud appers biggrin_o.gif

yay.gif

Wellcome back buddy!

@Johnny

I notised in the config that the H guys got the same values as the L guyes regarding bodyarmor, is that going to be changed?

Quote[/b] ]One thing that I would like to see is a fully modernized US Army infantry addon that has not only these MICH helmets but also the shoulder kevlar armor covers that are now commonly found on US Army soldiers.

What are you, blind?  crazy_o.gif

Exactly what you asked for.

No no, man. You got it all wrong. He meant the OTHER kevlar deltoid protectors.

Hey hey Jonny, screw those guys. We love you man.

Don't get down, theres always people "requesting" things endlessly, stupidly... Don't let it get to you!

Your addons are the among best quality the community are seeing! (Edit: And I mean that literaly, you and mcDonald are the infantry unit gods)

No doubt. I'll go further and say it's always the same few people.

There is a vast majority of us whom love your units and view them as the best available. Don't let those few get to you. Honestly, they're always coming off like that.

I've been waiting for these awhile myself, worth the wait I'd say. Excellent work Jonny, I've always been impressed with your addons. Don't let the Blue Falcons get in your way.

Woe.....   Jonny relax man.   I didn't mean to get ya all worked up or sound un-appreciative.  

If you read what I posted, I OFFERED to help do all the work and was not demanding anything.   If you don't want to change a thing on them, hey man that's your call. They're your babies.  But chill out and please I'd prefer not to be told to fuck off as I wasn't trying to offend you and I apologize that I did.  You're a good guy and I'm not some smoozer begger.  Neither is Wipman.  We both are very different and we both also work on addons.  So relax man or go punch wipman for me.  lol!  Ok you can punch me too if you want.

smile_o.gif And PM's please don't PR him... if anything PR me for sounding rude or obnoxious.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good Day Sir,

I´m Writing this because i exactly know how you feel there with this. I was a former developer in the Flightsim Community and I basicly quit since I worked with real Pilots together and was in the design of Cockpits. Like Said the Infos I got where proved Real Life data and basicly you got anywhere these Idiots Jumping around tellin you "on that screenshot/Photo I got here is the Gauge 1/16 inch more to the left..." I can tell you that sucks like these little boys round here do pretty much the same at least I guess they´d never seen an SF in real life nor in an combat dress in action and want to tell you how it is most realistic, so their reference is bullshit excuse the rough words that is not my regular speech. smile_o.gif All I can tell you just ignore them you are doin an outstanding job there I personally just started to mess around with scripts/modding etc. so I´m far away from your level of Quality there that is for sure. Like you wrote there in that Post that these guys should stop talkin and learn how to do it themselfes In my Opinion this is the right approach since it is just an excuse or better said a hideout to say "I´m not able to do it" in my Opinion It is just a statment of laziness to not start to learn something basicly it is just a matter of will and time to learn something. So all they need to do is bother you with serious bugreports like i.e. "Damn I could look through the Corps of this soldier" but to enhance this they better should learn how to do this on their own and ask for your permission in editing your work or wait until you want to modify this on your own period. That is basicly how it runs like said above I´m not the guru of moddeling or anything else but first of all I ask for permission then try on my own and if i still got no luck i ask for help since I guess this is the political right way in doin and not just yelling around and this is crap and that is crap since on that way all you reach is to (sorry again for my expression ) P... off the developer himself and it really makes me sad to see when talented people leave just because of such scenarios. I know or at least can imagine how how much work and time is spent by people like you and others around here to make and learn the stuff they are doin and From my end here and I guess that is back uped by the mass of the community here it is Highly appreciated that you are doin it and in cases like i.e. Sickboy it is a great pleasure to learn from this knowledge you guys have!!! So nough said here maybe this post will be deleted or answered by certain individuals I don´t care about. All I wanted to do is to make a clear statement about the entire situation here and all I can say don´t take it to serious Jonny and hopefully you will stay within the community and keep up the great work don´t listen to the wrong People there are enough around you who appreciate the work you are doin!!!

Kind Regards

Wow... Jesus....  I'm so tempted to take my turn blowing my top... ok taking deep breath....

Shaolin (Are you a real SGT???)  For your information I actually was a SGT (E-5) in the US Army Reserve, Corp of Engineers in a "Combat, Heavy" engineer unit.  My unit included several former Special Forces guys just working out their retirement.  I learned a tremendous amount from those guys.

However many of the statements I made were simply based on either 1. experience in the US Army or 2. to enhance game play and mission making potential for ultimate realism.

Furthermore if you bothered to read my apology to John or my original post you may have noticed that I actually offered my help in improving these beautiful addons.  

I am the head of the Lost Brothers Mod which is the longest running mod from the beginnings of Operation Flashpoint so I'm not some damn moocher/begger whining like a little boy who is spoiled and doesn't know how to make my own addons.  

I would be OVERJOYED to edit the MLOD's of these addons, but I did not ask for them out of respect for Johnny because they are his babies.  I only mentioned that I am willing to work on them if he is too busy.  

So please don't add flames to the fire.

.... I should add as I stated earlier, that Wipman is also no novice. He's done a ton of addon work in OFP and a few projects in ARmA. He's been around quite awhile.  

Again I will repost my apology to Johnny in case he doesn't see it on the last page:

Quote[/b] ]

Woe..... Jonny relax man. I didn't mean to get ya all worked up or sound un-appreciative.

If you read what I posted, I OFFERED to help do all the work and was not demanding anything. If you don't want to change a thing on them, hey man that's your call. They're your babies. But chill out and please I'd prefer not to be told to fuck off as I wasn't trying to offend you and I apologize that I did. You're a good guy and I'm not some smoozer begger. Neither is Wipman. We both are very different and we both also work on addons. So relax man or go punch wipman for me. lol! Ok you can punch me too if you want.

And PM's please don't PR him... if anything PR me for sounding rude or obnoxious.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok Miles I do right now something i didn´t wanted to do at all. Just one simple question did you read your name in my post? I guess not so this is just an statement that is a common statement and is not and I repeat not for a specific individual so if you take personal offence from it then this is your shoes not mine period from my end this is end of discussion.

I made the assumption because Johnny was specifically speaking to both myself and Wipman.  Both of us have been OFP/ArmA community members and contributors for a long time.  I did not have any reason to assume that you were not speaking about us.   Simple deductive reasoning.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good Day Sir,

I just know how it is and as I said above this is COMMON and is not intended to be seen as Personal it fit to any forum thread around here it happens every time an addon is being released no matter which one it is. So like said again this is just here the case since I see an talented  Individual  is going Leave just because of this and like said in my post this makes me sad and is not good for the community at all . So don´t take personal offence from this like said your name is not mentioned in any ways in my post. Like Said above that would fit to a bunch of Person around in the Arma or the OFP or other Communitys which were in development, so again this is just a common statement. And I did it again and answered where at least no answere at all was planed to make. You could bet I´m a straight individual and I would not hesitate to talk to individuals direct if I wanted to since I got no reason to hide in anyways but I guess within this I would mostly use the PM function since then it gets to an Personal grade and is an discussion between me and the Individual.

BTW I excuse myself to the Moderator for going OFFTOPIC here but I felt it needed to be said.

Regards

Hi, without the Johnn's USMC v1.5 units, i wouldn't be playing ArmA

right now, i wouldn't had even updated my M4's pack (that i updated

thinking specificaly in his USMC units) and now using this SF units

i've a chance of use another amazing units pack that look just as

good as the USMC v1.5 units = 5 times better than the ArmA2 units

that we've seen until now. Is not a secret that i scorn the army and

i love the Marine Infantry so it's a pain for me to know that no FR

units comming from you Johnny, and i don't gonna modify anything

that you've made even for personal use; damn it, i like this dirty SF's

i really like 'em; but as God will say... "everything can be improved"

related to the woodland camo that they use. So... you don't gonna

get any real critic, i just share with you my opinion and you decide

what to do with it; wash your ass with it... or if you agree... then

do something acordingly to what we booth agree on; that's all.

Now go to the nearest coffee shop to your home and smoke a

big green & smelly weed joint that will make Bob and Siggy Marley

turn white, in my name and enjoy the pride of be the best units

maker that this game has seen. Let's C ya

Hey Johnny, damn good job.

The best addon I ever seen.

BTW, if it's already so realistic, the gear and so on... so why does they have funny gloves? why aren't they just all have Nomex Flight gloves like in reality?

BTW, if it's already so realistic, the gear and so on... so why does they have funny gloves? why aren't they just all have Nomex Flight gloves like in reality?

About gloves, i believe he got inspiration from this and this. And if you wanna see Jonny's army special forces irl (in real life tounge2.gif) and how his work is amazing, you have to check out this thread.

Btw Jonny, I may have a little suggestion. New usmc units have came up with the 1.14 patch and these new units have also darker wound textures, and they seem to me more realist: example screenshot. You should take a look at it.

Quote[/b] ]What are you, blind?

That's too funny. The next thing he will ask for is a Cold War mod.

HAHA ROFL That made my DAY biggrin_o.gif

Well these units need to me improved a hell of allot.

So far if feels like i'm running around with stick men on a 2d screen, very poor effort johnny. I really feel a lot of these so-called "modders" really need to go back to basics and stop filling up this forum with "pre-alpha" work.

band.gifhelp.gifgoodnight.gif

.efil fo noitavresbo na tsuj ,sweiv ym t'nera esehT :ETON ESAELP

Well these units need to me improved a hell of allot.

So far if feels like i'm running around with stick men on a 2d screen, very poor effort johnny. I really feel a lot of these so-called "modders" really need to go back to basics and stop filling up this forum with "pre-alpha" work.

band.gif   help.gif  goodnight.gif

.efil fo noitavresbo na tsuj ,sweiv ym t'nera esehT :ETON ESAELP

Just to save you from an impending verbal beating, I highly recommend you add a little more detail to your post so that it seems like constructive criticism rather than a depthless rant.

I for one love this addon and believe it is the best special forces unit pack released for ArmA yet. The models are varied and the quality is consistent. Sure, more work could be done if Jonny so wishes. I have learned, however, from a multitude of mod communities to be content with what you do receive and not ask for too much.

They're still human after all,

- dRb

okay... it was a bit late yesterday and i had obviously a few drinks too much before i wrote that post quoting miles teg and wipman. I want to apologize to both wipman and miles teg for my rude reply.

Anyway i still stand behind the most of my points. I thought about every single detail on the units before creating anything. Things like the blue mechanix gloves and the white quick-ties where done after seeing them on real life reference material. All the other things like sniper, At or engineer can easily be done by just giving them the proper weapons in the editor anyway. So there is no serious need for creating 3 new models which would take a long time as i am not a friend of simply copy and pasting. However i plan on adding some 2 or 3 new variants along with some other new features and fixes in the next update.

Quote[/b] ]I would also recommend that they be made compatible (or incorporate) AI_Simmons tools which include working smoke grenades, breaching charges, IR strobe beacons, regular strobe beacons, various glo-sticks (like your guys are carrying on their rucksack), and assault ladders.   If you need help with that, I can do that for you. But instructions on how to do it are found in the readme for the AI Simmons tools however you have to modify the init script to add in the units you want to have carrying the breaching charges and assault ladders.   My mod has incorporated their tools in our IDF soldiers and the working smoke alone makes a huge difference in gameplay.  

i have never even tested that addon as i spend the majority of my arma related time in o2 or photoshop so i would need to test out that addon before making a decision of a possible future use of the tools together with my army sf addon. Although i am not a friend of having scripts on the units due to performance and mp issues.

Quote[/b] ] These would make exellent PMC units, Jonny... Thinking about (re-?)making some (going back to what these were before SF) later along the timeline?

If not, can me and my clan retex and reconfig (So they dont conflict) them for clan use?

Well i always wanted to create some badass looking PMC units. However time is a big issue for me at this point so i dont know if i ever get to make some.

Oh and its ofcourse not a problem if you want to use your own retexture in your clan as long as you dont release it to the general public.

Quote[/b] ]@Johnny

I notised in the config that the H guys got the same values as the L guyes regarding bodyarmor, is that going to be changed?

makes sense. I'll change that in the update

Quote[/b] ]About gloves, i believe he got inspiration from this and this. And if you wanna see Jonny's army special forces irl (in real life tounge2.gif) and how his work is amazing, you have to check out this thread.

Btw Jonny, I may have a little suggestion. New usmc units have came up with the 1.14 patch and these new units have also darker wound textures, and they seem to me more realist: example screenshot. You should take a look at it.

Thanks for that post yeb. you found the pictures i was looking after again. And i will modify the wound textures for sure. looks way better

Quote[/b] ]Well these units need to me improved a hell of allot.

You might wanna consider upgrading from that Atari for arma smile_o.gif

At last i want to thank all the people who are supporting me and giving me all the kind comments. Its much appreciated. Anybody wanna create some good mp missons with units btw?  tounge2.gif