Sign in to follow this  
charonos

Custom streetlamps

Hi,

has anyone successfully created a CUSTOM streetlamp model, placed it in Visitor 3 and had it lighting the area ingame?

Placing "lampa_sidl" form buildings/misc works ingame.

I have used the same named properties in the geo-LOD as the BIS lamp model and the same named memory LOD section.

Don't think it is needed, but i even defined the lamp also in a config under class CfgNonAIVehicles.

EDIT: A config is definitely needed, because i have renamed the model "lampa_sidl.p3d" into "xxlampa_sidl.p3d" and placed THAT in visitor3 and no light ingame.

I will now reference the renamed model to my config and see what happens. RESULT: no light. Okay here is the config i have used:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgNonAIVehicles

{

class StreetLamp;

class CHN_StLamp1 : StreetLamp {

scope = 1;

//model = "\CHN_UrbanPack\StreetLamp1.p3d";

model = "\CHN_UrbanPack\xxlampa_sidl.p3d";

};

};

I don't think it is possible to make a mistake in such a short config, but maybe i did something wrong.

Maybe someone can help?

Good question, I made a custom street lamp too and was wondering how to make it work.

@Opteryx (and everyone else who needs the info)

I made it work with a little "hack"!!! smile_o.gif

- Rename your custom model to "lampa_sidl.p3d"

- Then browse for that model in VISITOR3's artificial objects definitions and place it on your map.

Your custom model might need to (should) be also placed into an addon in the addons folder, i have it in there.

Arma seems to check for predefined streetlamp model names when preparing the mission and only those models will be used as streetlamps. Odd, but what to do.

So no special config stuff required? Just name it "lampa_sidl.p3d" and make sure that the p3d has the same properties as the real "lampa_sidl.p3d" ??

For example, I make a custom street lamp, give the model the same properties as "lampa_sidl.p3d", name it "lampa_sidl.p3d", compile it in a addon called say OPXmisc and it should work?

@Opteryx:

Exactly like that! Try it, it should work.

Here a screenshot of my custom streetlamps:

WorkingLamps.jpg

It is annoying however that we can't change the light's attributes that way,

but at least we can place the right models in the map and one day we hopefully find a way to config that.

Sweet, thanks for for sharing, oh and BTW that map looks awesome!

damn when my PC was not broken, I changed both the colour of the light and the model... but now I've no remembrance of it... sad_o.gif

I'll let you know when I'll be ready and fully operative..