Sign in to follow this  
Elite28

Screen flashes rapidly ingame!! need fix!

I have first played this game using my older graphics cards running SLI with 2 nvidia 7600 GT. Since then I upgraded to 2 gig ram, an amd athlon 64 x2 6400+ and 2 nvidia 8600 gt. Ever since I added those 2 new cards. Ive been experiencing these bright white light flashes in game (even in the multiplayer lobby in the background when the camera is moving across the water and landscape) it seems to only happen when I look in certian directions towards the sun or directly away from it(however I am not perfectly sure on this). Ive been dealing with it for a while but now it is severely affecting my game play as it occurs as Im about to shoot someone. The screen flashes so bright and violently I frequently have to look away because its too overwhelming. I am just glad I don't epilepsy...

btw: I am on the latest version of Arma, and I have latest graphics drivers as well.

If any more information is needed to help solve my problem please ask smile_o.gif

I had the same problem with my other videocard.. I bought a new card and the problem was gone. The old card was tested and there was not any problem on it.. it was just a driver problem in combination with a badly installed windows.

Have a look around on the nvidia forums to see if anyone else has the same problem. It gave me alot of information. Be sure to have the latest mainboard drivers too btw.

I had a long look into the nvidia forums but I haven't seen any other people describe the problem I am having. My motherboard is up to date too I think.

- and this happens a ton more when I play missions in the green northern island as apposed to the desert half of the island. This bug makes the game unplayable and is very maddening.. banghead.gif

-will maybe able to fraps it so I can better show you my problem

Well now i know its an SLI problem, I turned SLI off and the game works perfectly. Thx for help smile_o.gif

I use performance setting in the Nvidia CP.

I also use in game settings of,

Brightness .07

Gamma 1.2

My SLI works great, Vista 64bit though.

Stock settings will cause flickering in bright areas for me also.

To make the flickering stop you simply turn off vertical sync in the advanced 3d profile settings for Arma.exe.

This worked for me.

Now I get frozen + stuttering sounds/artifacts and have to do a forced reboot at random times in the game under SLI.

Armed assault is not SLI ready IMO.

That sucks too becasue Arma is the most demanding game you can get for a pc and a SLI boost would surely help.

C'mon BIS Buddys! Make SLI work right please?

Ok, I discovered what was causing it for me. Make sure that Media player/media Center or any kind of video app are closed.

I've run tests and that is definitely what was causing it for me.

Hope this helps someone.

S

I suppose I have to ask since you did not tell us.

Why would you be running apps while playing such a system demanding game? I mean I know with say Valve games it increases frame rates, but with a game like Arma that seems a bit odd and kind of pointless.

Anyways ... Arma is still not SLI ready regardless of running another app or not in the background.

So do any moderators or devs have any settings I can try?

Right now I am using the default SLI profile and have simply turned off vsync in the default arma.exe profile to stop the flickering of textures. I run my res @ 1080x1650.

I suppose I have to ask since you did not tell us.

Why would you be running apps while playing such a system demanding game? I mean I know with say Valve games it increases frame rates, but with a game like Arma that seems a bit odd and kind of pointless.

Anyways ... Arma is still not SLI ready regardless of running another app or not in the background.

So do any moderators or devs have any settings I can try?

Right now I am using the default SLI profile and have simply turned off vsync in the default arma.exe profile to stop the flickering of textures. I run my res @ 1080x1650.

Almost always have news on (especially lately). Turned it off the other day by chance and the flickering stopped.

I am also using SLI btw.

E

Make a new profile, make sure you have multi gpu checked, and single display, try AFR-1, i use Vsync, no flashes...

I rename the .exe and point the new profile to it, i use fear... (not a big isssue with the profile system and the ability to pick AFR,1,2 and SFR). I use Quality texture filtering, but performance may be better for you.