Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Ka50 Blackshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1FYIVMn9zs

(I love it.)

Discuss aye?! Why can't ArmA be like this? That'd be awesome tounge2.gif . Who cares if it would be incredibly difficult, atleast then you'd have reason to spend time and "learn" how to fly proper. smile_o.gif

ArmA is a jack of all trades, albeit a good one. A game that simulates aerial, vehicle and infantry combat can't hope to compete on terms of pure realism with a game that homes in on one area, or indeed on a game that homes in on one type of aircraft (take Falcon 4.0 for example). However in Falcon 4.0, I cant bale out, pull out a Beretta and escape from incoming hostile infantry. The tradeoff has to be made between realism and flexibility. When implementing a completely realistic implementation of, lets say, a T-72 could require 2-3 times the effort of a generic tank system, a game like ARMA that tried to be realistic in all regards would be out of date before it could be finished, unless you had hundreds of programmers working at it, something which BIS doesnt have.

Just saw the Part II Video, it looks absolute amazing!

The coolest thing is rolling on the runway, a shame arma doesn't support that feature.

*downloading Part III video*

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

First time I sat in a russian Lomac cockpit and klicked all that funky switches I had no idea about and couldn´t read the writings I felt like a little boy with a shiny and fascinating new toy.

Same goes for flying the Kamov in OFP for the first time. What a blast.

In Arma it has un fortunally been stripped down and lost lots of it´s "feel" and function.

I hope in Arma 2 it gets back on stage and will shine brighter than ever. Imo it´s a fantastic piece of flying.

On the video, from 9:57, if my english comprehension is not too bad, he is talking about Vikhr engaging air target, right?

On the video, from 9:57, if my english comprehension is not too bad, he is talking about Vikhr engaging air target, right?

Yes he is. He talks about switch the skval to air attack mode, which causes the skval to track the target. Then he talks about turning on the yaw to target mode on, which will automatically point the helicopter at the target. He then fires the missile, but it impact behind, because he said he was using the wrong air to air tracking mode. He says he should have used the head on approach tracking mode. He then talks about waiting for the helicopter to land, then taking it out while it's taxiing.

Yeah I'v been watching DCS Blackshark for quite awhile, its definately looking promising from what I'v seen so far, I just hope the AH-64A comes pilotable from the box or in a not too far away patch.

Yeah I'v been watching DCS Blackshark for quite awhile, its definately looking promising from what I'v seen so far, I just hope the AH-64A comes pilotable from the box or in a not too far away patch.

The only flyable in BS will be the Ka-50.

there will be other following modules in the serie with other flyables :

1- A-10A Suite 2 (latest version of A-10A in active use)

2- A-10C Suite 3 (we now have permission from the USAF to develop an entertainment version of the simulation we developed for them. We are very happy and excited about this).

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

So not for immediate release, because each module is quite a huge amount of work, but Apache is planned.

Best news so far, ofc, being Mi-24 wink_o.gif At least, something new in the market!

curiosity strikes me in how they will be implimenting simulation of jets AND helicopter into the same package.

Arent these the guys who made Lock On? Jet-planes should be just a copy-paste then.

I cant wait to try the Mi-24 on a proper simulator yay.gif

Ka-50 is a nice helicopter, but ArmA will never get it right, without heavy scripting. Only game that might make it clsoe to reality is DCS Ka-50 game, where trackIR will really make you feel like ka-50 pilot  tounge2.gif About ArmA 2 is Ka-50 is even inluded in ArmA 2? i though its only going to be mi-24 as attack helicopter...

curiosity strikes me in how they will be implimenting simulation of jets AND helicopter into the same package.

Well they were pushing geographic detail of the game world because helicopter sims require it so i am also curious if this level of detail will be optimal for jets. Im only really interested in rotary wing though...

Now im not really into the sim world but they seem to be going wild simulating the KA-50 and all its systems so i wonder if its ok to simulate military hardware to such an extreme level of realism and distribute it like that?

I've read that all aircraft developed for future addons would be up to the KA-50's standard wow_o.gif .

Its a shame its still so far away from release..

They don't have to simulate jets with very high fidelity because they will be AI controlled. They have to function only for the purposes of enriching the helicopter simulation experience.

They don't have to simulate jets with very high fidelity because they will be AI controlled. They have to function only for the purposes of enriching the helicopter simulation experience.

No, they plan to expand the sim with future addon packs, wich will include jets too (A10, SU27, Mig29, etc) smile_o.gif .

They don't have to simulate jets with very high fidelity because they will be AI controlled.  They have to function only for the purposes of enriching the helicopter simulation experience.

No, they plan to expand the sim with future addon packs, wich will include jets too (A10, SU27, Mig29, etc) smile_o.gif .

...and they recently announced official modding support which allows adding custom flyables to the game.

DCS Black Shark was released today in the CIS. Looking impressive so far.

(sceens)

I guess some more screens and videos will start appearing soon, and perhaps an official purchase-download of the Russian version.

Wow cant wait till the international version is released.

2008 was supposed to be THE year for both ArmA 2 and blackshark but they are both now for 2009, well at least I am sure it will be worth it    thumbs-up.gif

DCS Black Shark is amazing  crazy_o.gif Love it! LEarning curve a bit too steep, but already can do the cold start without even using checklist I made  biggrin_o.gif But rest is not that hard, in few hours was able to learn how to fire cannon and how to fire Vikhrs. Also don't expect to fly at night, because Ka-50 is useless at night, just like real one. I hope soon someone will make small cheat mod that will add IR camera to the KA-50.

Few screenshots for some of you waiting smile_o.gif

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4830/screenshot000ol9.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3557/screenshot001ar1.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2236/screenshot002zx1.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5263/screenshot003lg4.jpg

Game was palyed on full realism settings, and landing on the roof was not easy.

They don't have to simulate jets with very high fidelity because they will be AI controlled.  They have to function only for the purposes of enriching the helicopter simulation experience.

I haven't heard of the mig29 or su27, only that they plan on putting in an a10 and an ah64 in later installments. I think I remember hearing something about how the ai flight model will be about as good as the flight model for players in LOMAC, but certainly not approaching the fidelity of the flyable a/c. That said, only the flyable A/C need have a complex flight model, and then for only the player, not for the AI.