Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

Cartridge Addon

Hi, i've noticed something, the spitted shells are not visible over

the sea texture, the KA-50 don't spitt shells as well as any of the

eastern aircrafts or the A10 & AV-8B's. It's sad to see my dear .45

spitting 5.56mm empty shells instead the empty .45ACP shell model

that it haves. Let's C ya

As said before Fighter Aircraft do not jettison their cartridges they save them in a storage compartment and are cleaned out once they are on the ground

When running this clientside whilst connected to our multiplayer server the arma_server.rpt file fills up with the following errors constantly; 6 meg file in 1 hour!.

Client: Object 10:560 (type UpdatePositionVehicle) not found.

Client: Object 10:528 (type UpdatePositionVehicle) not found.

Client: Object 10:602 (type UpdatePositionVehicle) not found.

Client: Object 10:578 (type UpdatePositionVehicle) not found.

Client: Object 10:192 (type UpdatePositionVehicle) not found.

...etc.. you get the picture.

Probably a stupid question, but can you make it work with the default weapons too. I know they already have some casing on the ground, but nothing like what this addon does. Also, any change of getting this weapon pack added too.

Thanks.

Probably a stupid question, but can you make it work with the default weapons too.  

It does already work.

It does already work.

Yeah, I just went back and it does work. I was just in a bad spot to see them.

When running this clientside whilst connected to our multiplayer server the arma_server.rpt file fills up with the following errors constantly; 6 meg file in 1 hour!.

Sounds like the casings are being spawned globally with the 'createvehicle' command.

Using 'createvehiclelocal' should fix that issue.

I'm not 100% sure though, I haven't even looked at the scripts.

Also when casings are falling out of a helo, they go straight down no matter how fast the helo is moving forward. But still good work.

Don't know if anybody else found this but it doesn't work with NWD's Ballistic addon

Lol so thats why it didn't work for me...

I was about to say they don't seem to work for me, but I AM using NWD's addons...

The cartridges are spawned with createvehicle local, and the casings of the helicopter shouldn't be falling straight down, since they get the velocity of the Vehicle added.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">drop["\MBG_Cartridges\762cr.p3d","","SpaceObject",1,_lifetime,[-0.8,1,-1.4],[velocity _unit select 0,velocity _unit select 1,-9.81],0,3,1,0,[2],[[1,1,1,1]],[0],0.1,0.1,"","",_unit]

[...some more...]

_blah = "MBG_762Cartridge" createvehiclelocal [_a,_b,0]

It worked for me and my testers very fine.

The cartridges are spawned with createvehicle local, and the casings of the helicopter shouldn't be falling straight down, since they get the velocity of the Vehicle added.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">drop["\MBG_Cartridges\762cr.p3d","","SpaceObject",1,_lifetime,[-0.8,1,-1.4],[velocity _unit select 0,velocity _unit select 1,-9.81],0,3,1,0,[2],[[1,1,1,1]],[0],0.1,0.1,"","",_unit]

[...some more...]

_blah = "MBG_762Cartridge" createvehiclelocal [_a,_b,0]

It worked for me and my testers very fine.

hmmmm interesting they flow at 90 degs relative to the helo for me. I could be doing 190km in level flight and the cartridges fall out in a line down even though the gun smoke is flowing behind the helo.

Just to give some more feedback: It does work nearly perfectly* for me; even with ECS, NWD ballistics, and tons of other mods and replacements used simultaneously.

It also works perfectly fine client/server-wise. I used most of the addons and the setup ("@General/AddOns") described here and had several compatibility test runs so far. No complaints or slow-downs even in 32-player warfare missions with lots of vehicles. Velocities are fine, too. We just had an extra test with an AH-1Z.

Maybe it's very reliant on ArmA's graphics options? Didn't try it on lower settings - anyways, great work and thanks again, Mondkalb :-)

* except for the aforementioned ArmA.rpt errors and the initial error message pop up the first time a shell is spawned

Any chance the ArmA.rpt errors can be fixed please?. I'd really like to allow this mod on our server.

Can you explain the relation between ArmA.rpt entries and not installing addons on a Server to me? confused_o.gif

those are server_arma.rpt errors. And they were not there before trying to use the cartridges. SO there is a problem with it, i didn;t checked the config yet so i am not sure what the problem really is.

But it does affect server fps, and does slow down my PC when using it (arma effects earlier version were affecting the client side fps as well, even without server side errors due to increased cycles needed for them. latest version suffered a lot of optimization). So i guess the request would be to look into them, see if there can be a compromise so they can be used without kicking the server ass.

Regards

The static 50 cal doesn't have any shells being spat out.

What about not installing this addon on the server?

crazy_o.gif It's as simple as that. The cartridges are local. They're created only on the client's pc. The addon does not have to be in the server's addonfolder.

You can make something like that but witch magazines?

Some bugs:

Shooting RPG/AT-4 and Strela/Stinger create a 5.56 cartridge. EDIT: So does placing a satchel or a mine.

Scorpion from RH's pistol pack creates 5.56 cartridges.

M9 and M9 SD create no cartridges at all.

Other than that it's great. Adds to the immersion wink_o.gif

Hi, each time that i enter in a MP server i get an error message that

says: "the mission needs downloadable content that has been deleted".

and it tells me the name of this addon; also when i shot with a M9

or the M9 SD, it lefts 5.56mm shells in the ground. Will be pimp if

this two things could be fixed, and will also be pimp if this addon will

only affect the default/standard BIS weapons or vehicles, at least

for me, hurts me to see a M1911 spitt 5.56 shells or a M14 or some

other weapons that are not included in this addon. Let's C ya

What about not installing this addon on the server?

crazy_o.gif It's as simple as that. The cartridges are local. They're created only on the client's pc. The addon does not have to be in the server's addonfolder.

If that question is for me then the answer is that it is not run on the server. What we are talking about is allowing it to be run by CLIENTS who connect and play on the server. Client addons have an impact serverside regardless. This is the nature of the Arma game code's architecture.

Awesomely great beuatifull addon!

It all works great for me, and the tiny buggs dont bother me a bit.

Id give it a 10 out of 10!

I didnt notice any extra lagg and it seemed to me like it all worked fine. The only thing that I'd suggest is that you make it a little bit easier to se on certain terrains, sometimes I couldnt see them unless i zoomed in.

Super realistic fun! inlove.gif loved it! Of course the game has its limitations but this addon brings a new dimension in the end... I'm sure MP bugs can be fixed to a degree.

Also thanks for supporting our mod with your addon.

Best regards,

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

doesn't seem to wanna work with one of my mods...

D:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=@ArmAEffects;@JTD;@Lowplants;@SIX_Pack1;@CSM;@MBG_cartridges