Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

WW1 Mod Release

The additions keep coming, very much welcome! Thanks for all the work, looks great.

I was wondering if you could make the machine guns portable like in one of the WW2 mods, where the troops could carry a tripod "backpack" and with a script the gunner would put it on the pod.

Also wanted you to check the recoils on the static guns and cannons and add in commanders for the cannons. There are videos on youtube with actual period mguns being fired also.

And also make sure that the initspeed is in meters per second not fps.

Also is there any progress on the idea of making the concertina wire move able? ie like barrels/vehicles. Theres concertina wire in some of the addons so you don't have to model it but it would be nice to be able to blow them out of the way (artillery) and even use bangalores.

Quote[/b] ]I was wondering if you could make the machine guns portable like in one of the WW2 mods, where the troops could carry a tripod "backpack" and with a script the gunner would put it on the pod.

Yes that's an idea,  maybe could you work on this ?

Quote[/b] ]Also wanted you to check the recoils on the static guns and cannons and add in commanders for the cannons. There are videos on youtube with actual period mguns being fired also.

Well, i'm afraid that recoil isn't enabled on static guns in Ofp, only scripts allow some barrel recoils / anims (as lib ones). Maybe could i work on this when i'll be back from holidays and if other RL issues leave me alone.

I don't like commander in static weapons cause once the commander or the gunner is killed, the other one ejects from the weapon, gets into it, ejects etc. For the Napoleonic mod, I used some scripts to create fake servants and to put them in cargo positions (3 fake servants and a real gunner with a camcreate command creating no brain units). But for WW1 canons, it really doesn't deserve such scripts. You can always put artillery soldiers around the canon and disable their ability to move, maybe making them play some special animations with a simple script.

Quote[/b] ]And also make sure that the initspeed is in meters per second not fps

I didn't work a lot on the weapons / riffles configs, only copy and paste some Vilas / others configs.

Quote[/b] ]Also is there any progress on the idea of making the concertina wire move able? ie like barrels/vehicles. Theres concertina wire in some of the addons so you don't have to model it but it would be nice to be able to blow them out of the way (artillery) and even use bangalores

Nothing on my side, but Popka is making very nice WW1 objects, and i suggested that idea. Very simple thing to implement, and reusing ofp model, a simple config is enough then.

Quote[/b] ]Also wanted you to check the recoils on the static guns and cannons and add in commanders for the cannons. There are videos on youtube with actual period mguns being fired also.

Well, i'm afraid that recoil isn't enabled on static guns in Ofp, only scripts allow some barrel recoils / anims (as lib ones).

Could you point me to some of those scripts (apart from lib scripts). Or keywords to search. I was trying to make a lFH16. And when these scripts are for static guns what could be done on non-static guns? Can you cheat your way around this problem?

Excellent mod! I'm having a wonderful time playing around in a brand new period.

I made up a quick mission for you all: It's a french raid on a German controlled ridge line in late 1914. Night patrolling, flares, bombardments and a surreal atmosphere give it an enjoyable "great war" feel IMHO...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/444651/n/patrol_nomansland_rar

Keep up the good work!

We could change the FPS to MPS easily..so no prob here for sure. Only checked a few weapons though. No problem on the recoils then and I see what you mean with adding commanders. They just looked really empty to me.

I could find the WW2 mgun and and just take it out and make a WW1 pbo for it. Changing the Model files and just using the tripod already in there just for a start.

Oh Prof if you have time or after a next release, would it be possible to make me a few separate models.

A simple one to start off as a test, like a helmet model and a backpack. I'm going to test the idea I told you about.

Take care

Excellent mod! I'm having a wonderful time playing around in a brand new period.

I made up a quick mission for you all: It's a french raid on a German controlled ridge line in late 1914. Night patrolling, flares, bombardments and a surreal atmosphere give it an enjoyable "great war" feel IMHO...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/444651/n/patrol_nomansland_rar

Keep up the good work!

thx! more missions smile_o.gif whoever made that slaughterhouse-five map OMG!!! Im really addicted to this map and I LOVE IT! still gotta try ucompany mission too, thx all for making maps tounge2.gif

It's great!I'm waiting for a long time.I have download and install the mod.The addons are well made with great efforts.Thanks for sending us such a good mod.And i wish more brilliant addons will turn out. smile_o.gif

Hello all,

I tried to convert a simple mission I made for singleplayer to multiplayer. The british group leader is the only one playable.

In multiplayer all but the Lewis gunners are out of ammo. Looking in the mission screen it seems that the riflemen don't have any 303 cartridges for the Lee Enfield (not loading clips since you defined it as a single loader). The 2 hand grenades are there.

What is the problem?

Bob,

Thanks in advance.

Back from (too short) holidays...

@ geraldduval : nice mission, i love it.

@ DeadParrot : mmh, put the WW1 game logic on the map (available if you've downloaded / updated everything, see first page) named "Ammo Bug Fix (SP/MP only)".

I am having a problem and need help.

I have instaled everything and can't make the correct exe file. I mean I am not a complette noob with ofp mods but something is just not working.

....ofp location:

M:\Operation flashpoint

....my exe properties:

M:\Operation flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=WW1MOD

.....and its not working. Or atleast not that I know. Will my main screen be different than 1.96? I mean is it changed at all? If not how will I know that I am playing ww1 mod?

OFP is old but valuable  smile_o.gif

www2 example of startup command:

Quote[/b] ]"X:\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@planes;@WW1

You have to look into the Editor and there you find all units, vehicles, planes, gamelogics, objects etc.

wiki Mission_Editor_User_Interface

Whats all this:

-nosplash -nomap -mod=@planes;@WW1

i dont have any @planes or @WW1 folders....and whatf the meaning of -nosplash -nomap command?

I know how to use the editor, but i downloaded a mission posted somewhere on this topic and it gives missing addons error.

Sorry for being such a noob, but I would really love to play this mod.

......oh and thanks for the reply.

nosplash nomap referes to start up, with this command the laod time of the game is reduced, you dont get to read Bohemia Interactive credits and titles, so on,

@www2 : i haven't changed the main screen as i chose not to modify the config.bin file nor the resource.bin one (so that people can link that mod to others more "config orientated"). So the main screen is the same as BIS one.

The "mod" is more a "collection of addons" with a specific anim pack file (anim.pbo in the Dta folder).

So, if you find WW1 folders (WW1 french army etc.) in the mission editor for units or groups, it's ok !

Thanks alot guys....everything is OK now and working smile_o.gif

ProfTournesol,

I have admired your hard work over the years...

I had recently created a spawn script that handles all the different races in WH40k.

It's called Spawnwave2.

If you have the WH40K mod - why not check out that set of definitions/script/function

There is a working demo of it as well.

I was thinking why not set it up for Napoleon era and your new WW1 addons...

If you like it; you have my blessings to create your own mod centric versions of it.

If you have questions for setup - I can also give you quick pointers. There is also a decent readme file as well...

This way peeps can have a quick ready made spawn script w/o the pain of hunting down class names...

Cheers

~WW2Weasel