Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Applegate Lake Terrain Source

Thanks for releasing the source to us. I will definitely be having a look at this. notworthy.gif

(sigh) The ArmA community is seriously lacking good map makers. I mean the maker of this map did an exceptional job so far on it and even made a water dam on one part that is really cool.

However, finding someone to finish it who will do a first rate job is very difficult. No offense to the SG-1 guys, but its going to be depressing if this map ends up as only a sci-fi map and is never developed into a full blown modern war type map with cities, roads, airfields, military barracks, and grass.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

(sigh)  

No offense to the SG-1 guys, but its going to be depressing if this map ends up as only a sci-fi map and is never developed into a full blown modern war type map with cities, roads, airfields, military barracks, and grass.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

notworthy.gif

of course this island is good for modern war

need to build different land with Applegate Lake island smile_o.gif , like StarAppleGate wink_o.gif

StarAppleGate

LOL

If I can find a good map maker I'lll happily make this island into part of Lebanon. But lacking a good map maker and having zero time to learn to make maps (I barely have enough time to bounce around doing editing on my mod's infantry/airplanes/tanks/etc...) I can't do it. OH well...hopefully you Sci-Fi boys have fun with it.

Damn I miss my boy Calm Terror...that guy was a genius at map making and could turn this map into the most awesome urban'/snow/desert/woodland combo map ever seen. I need to go beg him to come back to ArmA..... maybe offer him one of our virgin addon makers to satisfy him.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Awesome!

Opteryx: do you have any experience in putting heightmap terrain into Arma from .img file like its used on Garmin maps? I have topographic area of my country (Slovenia) in that format and I would like like to create a map in size of 1/2 Sahrani with that terrain. For example capital town of Ljubljana would be the size of Corazol...

Example of highest mountain area:

toposlo.jpg

Terrain link on Google Maps.

Opteryx: do you have any experience in putting heightmap terrain into Arma from .img file like its used on Garmin maps? I have topographic area of my country (Slovenia) in that format and I would like like to create a map in size of 1/2 Sahrani with that terrain. For example capital town of Ljubljana would be the size of Corazol...

Example of highest mountain area:

http://www.vojak.si/photos/toposlo.jpg[/img

Terrain link

on Google Maps.

Hmm dunno, PM me the file and I'll see if I can convert it to a useful format.

-edit-

BTW unless the contour intervals are less than three Arc Seconds you might as well use SRTM DEM data which is easier to convert to XYZ format for V3 import. (wait, I think that's mal-use of GIS terminology in regards to vector formats, 90 meter would be more appropriate.. I think...)

Just wanted to say thanks Opt for such a great map - this is real infantry country! pistols.gif

Beautiful scenery, big size and lag-free on my rig - thanks so much mate smile_o.gif

Stew

is anyone placing buildings on the proper spots (they are vicible on the ground textures), adding roads in aprpriate places, maybe some fishing lodges around the lake, a small dirt airstrip in the northwest corner (there is a quite big flat area there wich i think would be siutable), maybe add a "powerstation" at the north end of the lake (the dam area).

and ofcourse, replacing the forest ground textures and adding bushes and a little bit more ground vegetation..

could be a super nice island with some work..