Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Applegate Lake Terrain Source

Edited by Opteryx

Man alive, to leave this alone to gather dust would be very wrong indeed. wow_o.gif

Not good gameplay?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif Are you kidding me? That map is freak'n BEAUTIFUL! With a little work to make it more efficient and CPU friendly, that map could easily be developed into one of the best maps in ArmA. The terrain is just breathtaking!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ok, opteryx... i think you work for BIS and working on ARMA2 right? The detail of the landscape is just too awesome for ARMA! Freaking nice work!

Thanks Opteryx,

Is it possible for me to finish this and release it to the (Please check you PM) community, as it would (PM)

Thank You

blakknight63

No need to ask me for anything, as I've stated anyone can do whatever the feel like with it and release it.

-edit-

Yes you use it in VBS as long as it's strictly for entertainment purposes.

Thanks Black Knight and Optereyx, it'd be great if you could get this beautiful map out to the masses!

If you could make it as frame-rate friendly as possible, I'd certianly be very appreciative!

Thanks guys

stew

could anyone uploade a packed version of the islands for us that just wants to take a look on it ingame?

i cant figure out how binPBO works becouse i dont get any ground textures...

If it was a bit dustier then you could think it was Afghanistan, making some interesting ideas if the lake was dammed possibly?

could anyone uploade a packed version of the islands for us that just wants to take a look on it ingame?

i cant figure out how binPBO works becouse i dont get any ground textures...

I second this request. I DLed the source, can't figure it out... just wanted to mess around in the map and see how it is. Anyone upload a pre-packed version PLZ PLZ PLZ notworthy.gif

If you're not sure how to compile with BinPBO this is might help:

binpboic0.jpg

Also click the options button and make sure the "List of files to copy directly" are these:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.rvmat;*.

p3d;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf

Nice idea and very good island !

I'm already working on a winter version

xmas_o.gif

If you're not sure how to compile with BinPBO this is might help:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1937/binpboic0.jpg

Also click the options button and make sure the "List of files to copy directly" are these:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.rvmat;*.

p3d;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf

Binarizing gave me lot´s of errors ingame and the textures didn´t show up - trying again unbinarized worked okay though.

I´ve uploaded the pbo version to our site, hope you dont mind Opteryx smile_o.gif

Applegate Lake Terrain (pbo)

edit:

arma_sftes64sm1.jpg

arma_sftes64sm2.jpg

arma_sftes64sm3.jpg

inlove.gif

Binarizing gave me lot´s of errors ingame and the textures didn´t show up

That's strange. Could you tell me exactly what errors?

Binarizing gave me lot´s of errors ingame and the textures didn´t show up

That's strange. Could you tell me exactly what errors?

Something along the lines of "bla bla .rvmat not found bla" on the starting screen huh.gif

edit: sample from arma.rpt

Quote[/b] ]Cannot load material file applegate_lake\data\layers\p_001-000_l00_l01_l02_l03.rvmat.

If it was a bit dustier then you could think it was Afghanistan, making some interesting ideas if the lake was dammed possibly?

The map makes me think of this screen that takes place in afghanistan.

After checking it out so far its a very good map as-is for eye candy and also great for air combat and targeting by placing targets on mountain areas.

As it stand its great for AIR battles and bombing runs.

For infantry clearly it needs proper roads, bridges and the ground texture close up with trees isn't so great on the eye. Obviously I know this is unfinished but grass / toning down the floor texture a little and getting roadways and bridges in this would rock for infantry and armor. Also some flatter dead tree areas to place camps would be superb, also with a small non asphalt airfield maybe on the main island at the edge and "maybe" another little island on its own in the water with a base/airfield to re-suppy and have some sea insertions to use from it.

Cant wait for someone to polish this up.