Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Classnames

anybody know the classname for the below wall???

Photo1-1.jpg

I don't really know the name of this object, but I can give you a method to find out any class name of any object you're interested in:

Create a trigger with the following settings:

Repeatedly: true

Condition: format["%1",loop]!="false"

On Activation: player sidechat str(typeof nearestObject [getPos player,"Static"]); loop=false

On Deactivation: loop=true

This will constantly display the class name of the nearest object to you (which has to be of the class "Static").

You can pin down which objects should be detected by specifying a different class (just look up the cfgVehicle class tree on the Wiki, and you'll know what's available).

Be aware though, that just because you know the class name, that doesn't mean you'll be able to place it in the editor (in case that's your ultimate goal). To do that you might need an editor expansion addon (just search the addon section for it - there are a couple).

unfortunatley i cannot find it in the editor anywhere but its on the map in several cities.... Its very similar to the T walls we used in Iraq. I would like to place some on my map so i ned the names or if they are in the six editor update the classname

they're present in the editor update addon (available at all good addon sites) - I've used them before in missions, for the same reason you're searching for them.

[edit]

being a forgetful - with the editor update addon they're under empty->walls->betonwall gray

Sorry to dig up an old thread but its a relavant question.

does anyone know the name of the model and is it available in the sample models?