Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueMods - 3rd Release

I love your work, but for just one thing though. I liked the more sleeker look of the TrueInGameUI from the 2nd Release as it gave more room on the screen and it just in my option looked better than this now. Plus, I liked not knowing how much armor you had left in the air vehicles because it required you to go in instinct.

Other than that, the rest of this release is great.

Ummmm, It's strange. I like the TruePOV, but after few days of playing I started missing ArmA XDD

So I removed it and Im happy to see ArmA back, anyone else had the same feeling? XDD

@Ike_fin,

Yea, that would probably be a bug. Are you talking about having someone laser a target on the ground while you are flying? If so, I never tested that. If your talking about something else, please explain.

@thegunnysgt,

If your talking about the hud when flying, it's only one more bar and two text letters. Nothing greatly affecting your view. I took off the armor meter in the first place because I was hoping some knowledgeable person in the community would have made a standalone (like franze's flares) damage system similar to the one in the F18 or something like it, but nothing has shown up, so I really needed to put it back in.

@Vultar,

Not sure what XDD means, but this view actually simulates closer to what you should be seeing, as far as what the animations show when you look at someone else or yourself in 3rd person.

Well, let's just hope that somebody will make more correct "holding" animation replacement like in OFP.. biggrin_o.gif

Let's just hope someone will make NEW animations like in ofp xD

@Ike_fin,

Yea, that would probably be a bug. Are you talking about having someone laser a target on the ground while you are flying? If so, I never tested that. If your talking about something else, please explain.

Yep exactly that, you can test it by placing SF recon and Opfor vehicle on ground so it lases target and you can fly harrier.

I really love this mod, great job RG! smile_o.gif (especially the new 1st person view and the blue UI)

Anyway, did anybody else notice that AI became pretty much unable to hit anything? Dont know what is the reason, perhaps the new recoil, but theyre really blind. I dont say I liked the normal ArmA AIs never-failing accuracy more but this is just too inaccurate in my opinion. Any chance of fixing this? confused_o.gif

EDIT: Bah, Im stupid. This was caused by one of the other addons I used with your True Mods (I forgot), ignore me. tounge2.gif

EDIT 2: Eeh, actually just found out, that the source of this issue is really the new recoil that is available with the True Gameplay Mod (the recoil itself is nice, a little slow tbh (the kick) but I dont think it can be made better in the current ArmA engine, tried to play with the values myself).

hey has anyone noticed that when you use the the trueFOV part of the mod it skews the hud in all the aircraft sideways? basically the crosshair is offcentre on the screen and so ffars/gau rounds come out of the corner of your screen making aiming difficult as you can imagine.

i dunno if i've missed something in this thread but its a pretty big problem for me and i always loved all the truemods, but it means whenever i do a mission which has aircraft i have to restart arma and remove the FOV pbo (btw i'm referring here to jets, dont think theres a prob with the choppers tho there might be).

any help wtih this would be good thanks...  sad_o.gif

hey has anyone noticed that when you use the the trueFOV part of the mod it skews the hud in all the aircraft sideways? basically the crosshair is offcentre on the screen and so ffars/gau rounds come out of the corner of your screen making aiming difficult as you can imagine.

i dunno if i've missed something in this thread but its a pretty big problem for me and i always loved all the truemods, but it means whenever i do a mission which has aircraft i have to restart arma and remove the FOV pbo (btw i'm referring here to jets, dont think theres a prob with the choppers tho there might be).

any help wtih this would be good thanks... sad_o.gif

look at readme! wink_o.gif

Well,i get this in arma.rpt with trueingameui:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayGear/controls/B_Close

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayGear/controls/B_Rearm

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayGear/controls/Title

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayGear/controls/SoldiersValue

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayGear/controls/Pool

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayGear/controls/Skill

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayGear/controls/Vehicle

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayGear/controls/Weapons

Serialization of Display variables is not implemented

Serialization of Display variables is not implemented

Serialization of Control variables is not implemented

Serialization of Control variables is not implemented

huh.gifhuh.gif

True FOV doesn't seem to do anything with Arma 1.14. The FOV remains exactly the same!

I did what you say on the readme about the keys but the servers are always kicking me... I just don't get why people make restrictions on co-op... At least with mods that are so popular like this and really improve playability. Is just plain stupidity.

Awesome mod.

Regards.