Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Help With Water Please

Hello, my water has recently started to bug out, I have no idea why. I don't know how to post pictures on here, if someone would tel me I'll post some examples of what I'm talking about. Basically what happens is the water textures are seemingly copied and there are now 'seams' in the water. It's very strange. It also decreases performance while near water considerably, and makes the game atrocious to look at. Thanks for your help and how do I post screens on here?

I have the same problem and someone here told me it's some random addon that does it.

I am stuck with it since I have hundreds of addons and it's kind of impossible to test them all.

Bad luck I guess.

screenshot or video

I have the same problem and someone here told me it's some random addon that does it.

I am stuck with it since I have hundreds of addons and it's kind of impossible to test them all.

Bad luck I guess.

Yeah, I've got quite a few addons/mods myself. I have no idea which one though.

Alright, figured out how to post pics, thanks to my friend "Grind and Click". Here they are:

WaterProb1.jpg

WaterProb2.jpg

WaterProb3.jpg

Does the problem repeat itself if you launch ArmA using the original shortcut that doesn't run any addons?

If no one has an answer for you and the problem is still there I'd reinstall ArmA and check the game after each installed addon [or, if running ArmA without addons fixes the problem, then run a few addons at a time until you find the specific addon that causes it to occur].

DONT reinstall ArmA just yet.

Find all the NON_STANDARD (PBO) files inside the main ArmA / ADDONS folder and move them to a separate mod folder.

Sorting the addons by date should show you which were the original files (likely the oldest with all the same date)

- Keep Restarting arma and moving them back 1 at a time to see what happens.

You should never use the main Addon folder for non-BIS addons, use Mod folders ...... if thats what you are doing.

If you are using Mod folers for everything, then as suggested, which off the mod folders and run vanilla ArmA

Alright, I'll try that, thanks [APS]Gnat and ModaFlanker. I've put a few .pbo's inside ArmA\Addons, yes. Most of em are in modfolders though. I'll get back to you all.

I had a similar effect at one point when I'd forced AA on and not used the ingame option.

Try disabling AA in the NV control panel if it's on, see if that helps.

I've figured out the problem. If you're running 6thSense.eu mod delete the bin file in ArmA\@6thSenseMod\Dta. Delete that and you're good to go.

I don't have eu mod,only tracers which doesn't have bin.? sad_o.gif