Sign in to follow this  
Beetle Bailey

WGL 5.12

I used to, but it kinda died off even though we did have quite a few sweet games. Still got it ready to go within a few seconds notice though, if some people were up for games. It's in Finland on a 10Mbit connection and has WGL5.12, WGL island pack, the Zeus common pack and a ton of missions.

Pulverizer..

I'm up for some WGL. The first one is your's I guess (ewe).

Quote[/b] ]wgl.kicks-ass.net:2302

I also had this address stored away...not sure what sever this belonged to.

Quote[/b] ]88.198.41.248:2400

Just say when you guys wanna play and I'll start it then and we'll see if anyone shows up. I can't keep it on 24/7 because I have other stuff running on it too now and the converted RES missions allow players without wgl which causes some problems. Here's the files if anyone needs em: http://ewe.dy.fi/file/wgl/ (ryan pack and island replacement textures aren't needed, just eye-candy)

I'd really fancy a WGL coop again, when there will be enough people willing to play (let's say 5 at least).

I'm ready, I've got the files. My work hours have changed recently but I can squeze time in somehow. Weekends would be very available.

Oh Pulverizer, I've noticed playing on FDF servers EWE & CIA, that most members are using the old Kegety S&W handgun pack. There is another one where the guns are properply defined for OFP Res. I've uploaded the file to my site. Maybe you can spread it around to others. You wont see that annoying "missing" message anymore.

My Webpage

Cool, I'll check that out. This is needed by clients only?

There's similar problems with some other addons as well so what is changed exactly?

You only get that message when you don't install Keg stuff into ofp/addons/ though and it doesn't effect gameplay. On server-side, this will cause missions to not load.

Quote[/b] ]Cool, I'll check that out. This is needed by clients only?

Yes the clients need to install it, might not hurt to install on server too.

Quote[/b] ]There's similar problems with some other addons as well so what is changed exactly?

Older addons that were made for OFP CWC (1.46) and some early resistance ones had things defined differently in the cfg.cpp file, so the older addons give the errorneous missing addon message.

This is the only difference I can see:

Old:

Quote[/b] ]units[]={"KEGsw44mCivilian6"};

weapons[]={"KEGsw44mBase","KEGsw44m","KEGsw44mMag"};

requiredVersion=1.750000;

Revised:

Quote[/b] ]units[]={"KEGsw44mCivilian6"};

weapons[]={"KEGsw44mBase","KEGsw44m","KEGsw44mMag"};

requiredVersion=1.850000;

requiredAddons[]={bis_resistance};

i usually only play on wednesday's and thursday's any of those days to play would be great.

I may be able to recruit a few people from some of the other servers I frequent.

I'd be down for some good coop, as long as I'm not working. Just lemme know when.

I'd be down for some good coop, as long as I'm not working. Just lemme know when.

same here, let me know.

Quote[/b] ]i usually only play on wednesday's and thursday's any of those days to play would be great.

Beetle Bailey, We play serious coops during wednesdays (and sundays too) at 21:00 CET. Would you be interested in joining? Additional info in the links down there on my profile.

Quote[/b] ]Oh Pulverizer, I've noticed playing on FDF servers EWE & CIA, that most members are using the old Kegety S&W handgun pack. There is another one where the guns are properply defined for OFP Res. I've uploaded the file to my site. Maybe you can spread it around to others. You wont see that annoying "missing" message anymore.

Zulu, Iv'e downloaded the file but it gives an error message. says the files are corrupted when trying to extract.

Im open to play, seeing as wgl is my favorite mod, and playing multiplayer games on your own is boring.

What about tomorrow evening, at around 19.00 GMT?

Pulverizer wrote me a PM:

I can't join myself so early but I'll switch the server to WGL now.

So, I'm going to be on the server or monitoring it from 19.00 GMT and see if someone will show up. Maybe I will be waiting in TS, too. Though I don't have a mic at the moment.

I also will be unable to attend at that time... I'll probably be able to join after 21:00 GMT, though.

What happened to this. I went online both before and at the designated time, but there was noone on.

I haven't seen Pulveriser around here in a while. Both EWE_WGL and EWE_FDF servers have been offline for about a month now. The TeamSpeak server has even been offline.

Maybe he just gave up due to lack of interest?

I stopped keeping the server because it didn't have much use anymore. I could host small games on my home connection but I'm often out of town and when I'm not I have to wake up early on weekdays. I guess I could leave it running though, now that I finally got it back from the colocation.

I guess I could leave it running though, now that I finally got it back from the colocation.

As this thread shows there still is interest in WGL, so it would be nice to have a server dedicated to WGL coops.

So what if you would turn on the server for one evening in the week, or maybe once in every two weeks...

I've noticed forum interest is rarely directly proportional to actual interest but yeah, why not give it a go once again; if only to maintain my reputation as a stubborn idiot. However, first I'll need to get a long network cable to stuff it someplace far from where my ears usually reside because it's a noisy box.

im free sundays and id be interested in playing although im not that experienced in multiplayer wgl i play single player almost every day.i have WGL5.12,wgl island textures what else would i need?

Quote[/b] ]I've noticed forum interest is rarely directly proportional to actual interest but yeah, why not give it a go once again; if only to maintain my reputation as a stubborn idiot. However, first I'll need to get a long network cable to stuff it someplace far from where my ears usually reside because it's a noisy box.

I agree Pulverizer. When you put the server back up I was watching it and very few people were on it. I went on a few times to try to attract others and only 1 or 2 joined. sad_o.gif

I see Nepumuk and Staos are showing interest, maybe other guys from CIA maybe be interested. Variable and Zwobot may want to check it out.

The other day I was shocked to see that Shacktactical had been back up for a few days and only a few players used it.

It was up from 9/01-9/03 and only on 9/02 the peak was 4 players. So sad....WGL is a great MOD and fun to play.

I hope you do put your server back up even for the few that would use it.

Thanks