Sign in to follow this  
x al

Multiple Joystick problem

I did a search, but Joystick topics seem to be rare...almost none existent. So here is my problem:

Running Vista32ultimate with...

Logitech G25 wheel

MS FFB sidewinder 2 joystick

MS Freestyle pad (using gameport with a little tweaking)

Best thing would be...to drive with the wheel, fly with the joystick, riding with freestyle pad. BUT I know that ArmA only accepts 1 joystick.

I tried to set the vista joystick preferences in the control menu, so that the MS sidewinder 2 joystick has the 1st priority of usage. NO GO..no matter what i select...the G25 wheel is the ONLY available for ArmA. And YES...all joysticks work very well in other games. And NO...I will not do the plug-in-plug-out-jockey.

Is there maybe an .ini tweak in ArmA i could use for joystick selection?  help.gif  welcome.gif

As what you said what you wouldnt do is the only option what you can do, unplug the other two.

Nooooooooooooooo.....that's horrible...well, i better start getting used to fly a heli with a G25 wheel whistle.gif

Any other solutions?  help.gif  welcome.gif

Hi,

unplug your joysticks, then plug in the joystick you want to use in ArmA. Then plug in the others.

ArmA will use the first plugged in joystick.

As an alternative:

I've heard about an driver that simulates a joystick were you can merge your joysticks. But I don't know anything about it confused_o.gif

Get used to unplugging the devices or buy an USB HUB and put it on your desktop if the plugs are out of reach.

Hi,

unplug your joysticks, then plug in the joystick you want to use in ArmA. Then plug in the others.

ArmA will use the first plugged in joystick.

As an alternative:

I've heard about an driver that simulates a joystick were you can merge your joysticks. But I don't know anything about it confused_o.gif

Look into that dude.

Quote[/b] ]I've heard about an driver that simulates a joystick were you can merge your joysticks. But I don't know anything about it

i'm searching for this kind of driver for quite a while. does anybody know something? does it exist?

Long time ago i heard about that program. PPJOY was the name...now its PCLjoy i guess...

have a look at the following site:

www tti-us.com/sim/picjoy html

Jeeez...there must be a simple and proper .ini solution for my problem  help.gif  welcome.gif

I am sure I will figure it out...NOOOooooo plugging madness please   rofl.gif

I simply cannot understand how a recently released game can struggle with something this basic - I also have the same problem (Cougar, G25, and an RC sim control unit). Is it because ARMA is built on the bones of OFP that it struggles with such a rudimentary control problem or what?

There is an undocumented (incomplete) feature in ArmAlib that allows remapping the joystick axes. To enable it you need to set enabled to 1 in the armalib/config.cfg (under [vjoystick]). When you run ArmA after this it should output the device GUIDs of all joysticks to 'my documents/arma/armalib/armalib.log'. You can then replace the guids of axis_X, etc. values in the config.cfg with the GUID of one of the detected joysticks.

That may or may not work :P

Thanks Kegetys, mission accomplished.

I added Armalib, then configured the appropriate axes in the Arma 'controls' menu, it worked perfectly. Nice to fly around properly for a change. My TrackIR insisted on staring at the roof when in vehicles, but I got around that. Disabling Armalib returns the original problem, and the all powerful G25 is once again the boss sad_o.gif

Now why can't BI make the appropriate changes to Arma?!