Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare 1.1.4 [South MattR]

Warfare 1.1.4 Final [ MattR South ] - 04 July 2008

Oki a lot of people were looking forward to a edit of my map with just South Sahrani well here it is. This is quite funny but this is a updated version of Romms warefare which was an updated version of mine biggrin_o.gif Confusing eh lol. Well i hope you Southerners Enjoy this.

Warfare 1.1.4f MR South 32 Players - 7z - RapidShare

Quote[/b] ]

Changes:

- Romms Changes [ Non Destrolyable Hanger/ViewDistance Selector Etc]

-1.1.3 Changes

Oki i hope everyone likes this

Added to Karrillion's server.

Man this "Warfare" category hardly catches anyone... Seems dead all the time, it takes days/weeks to carry a conversation.... no one knows you've released it!

G/J Matt once again, we just finished a game. Took a while but finally got'r done.

Man this "Warfare" category hardly catches anyone... Seems dead all the time, it takes days/weeks to carry a conversation.... no one knows you've released it!

That's cos it's at the bottom of the list - you actually have to scroll down to find it biggrin_o.gif

That's cos it's at the bottom of the list - you actually have to scroll down to find it  biggrin_o.gif

Same thing happened with the editing forum, harldy gets visited like it used too, although its just the same people that use it now.  smile_o.gif

That's cos it's at the bottom of the list - you actually have to scroll down to find it  biggrin_o.gif

Same thing happened with the editing forum, harldy gets visited like it used too, although its just the same people that use it now.  smile_o.gif

Heh yea, I still don't get why "editing" is not under "Arma"... It makes no sense in my opinion. They really need to be redoing these forums, they're over 8 years old!

We should try to get the attention of some ArmA news websites and have them check the warfare forum routinely.

Are there supply trucks in this? When I played Rommell's version there wasn't any. We could hardly expand.

Are there supply trucks in this? When I played Rommell's version there wasn't any. We could hardly expand.

Supply trucks (in Rommels) were removed and replaced with a much more reliable means of getting supply. Simply getting those resources over a specified period time imo is the best way of getting them. There are two reasons I prefer not having supply trucks: First for foremost, AI suck. The AI supply trucks already have been scripted to really follow the roads but they still manage to drive into trees and get themselves stuck. Second: People who piggy back supply trucks and "get rich quick" are a problem.

I haven't played Arma in a few days so I can't be sure how Matt's is structured.

Supply trucks (in Rommels) were removed and replaced with a much more reliable means of getting supply. Simply getting those resources over a specified period time imo is the best way of getting them. There are two reasons I prefer not having supply trucks: First for foremost, AI suck. The AI supply trucks already have been scripted to really follow the roads but they still manage to drive into trees and get themselves stuck. Second: People who piggy back supply trucks and "get rich quick" are a problem.

I haven't played Arma in a few days so I can't be sure how Matt's is structured.

Actually Romm's version still has the supply system of income, just no longer do the AI try and do it for you.

If you want to have any sort of decent income you must do some supply runs yourself. (which is very quick with fast travel.)

Overall it makes for much better online games, as your team can either rapidly expand and take as many towns as possible, or you can bunker down with 3-4 towns, and get half the team doing supply runs for a little while to boost the income.

Since you have explained it so clearly I have changed my perspective on the supply. Thank you, and now I feel the same... I wouldn't like it when the AI gets stuck and they get killed because they're defenseless.