Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Warfare 1.1[@]x_[Victor N+S]

How do you figure? The current version is based off of 1.1.3f from Matt R.. I am unable to increase the view distance locally.

I tried putting Rommels view distance script into my mission and never got the "Configuration" option to change my view distance once I walked up to the HQ.

oh i see. you want to allow people to have different settings on

there own. hm .. not really fair for MP play, dont you think?

best search all files for viewdistance - it is very likely to be set

in the scripts somewhere.

a good solution in general is to allow the server admin change

the VD via param1/2.

No, I think it's fair. People spend a lot of money on upgrading their hardware and I'm sure they want to be able to crank up the settings if they could. And it's really their problem if they can't crank up settings, however it would still be nice to provide an option of view distances. For example, 1500, 2000, 2500, and 3000 so that even the person with lowest distance can still hold his ground against people with 2500/3000 view distance. As long as there isn't a HUGE gap in view distances.

The view distance is something I want standard in this mission. Not something that has to be changed in each individual server in order to allow. The maximum view distance would be 3000. This number is most certainly a number that makes the game scalable and at the same time not allowing users with high end pc's always dominate the battle. I want ether a standard view distance of 3000, or a scalable view distance up to 3000. The reason I liked Rommel's view distance script is for the people who do have all of their settings on low and have their grass foliage removed to be able to at least experience the mission. If users are going to be forced to have 700 view distance in every mission I really don't want to be making this mission.

I have played missions on my server and on others with a view distance of at least 3000. This includes Matt R's and Rommels' latest versions. I have contacted them but they are busy people and may not be able to get back to me. I want this mission to have the 3000 view distance option or make it a standard for this mission.

I have already opened Rommels Warfare and Matt R's, Warfare and having implemented them into my mission I am still unable to see a change it and/or see the "Configuration" open at the start of the game or show up when you walk up to the HQ.

I have also opened the original warfare missions and found a view distance area in the script: "Common\Init" >> Init_CommonConstants" <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">RESPAWNDEFENDERCAMPTIME = 120

RESPAWNRANGE = 600

DEFAULTVIEWDISTANCE = 1200

AIRCRAFTVIEWDISTANCE = 2000

I changed the number to 10000 for fun to see if there was a difference and I didn't notice anything. Again any ideas/help is appreciated.

Change the default view distance to 5000, then you should see a difference, but I wouldn’t suggest keeping it as that. And for balance issues keep it exactly at 1000m no more no less, server side.

or, try this:

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=3366

Now for that Hind, I would suggest to replace it as the config.cpp file can be tedious in fixing. I tried to fix the same kind of error in SLX mod and its not easy to find.

We played this game on lan and it was great.Now we want to put it on the server If I make a mod folder like @victormod how do i point to It in the server config file ?

You don't have to do anything except put Victor's warfare PBO file in MPMissions folder on the server. And load it - that's it. The addons are the players' responsibility to have prior to joining the server that has the mission loaded.

Oke i understand that but if they dont have the addons or dont know where to get them. is it not so they cant play if they dont have the addons or they just dont see the new things?

Thanks for youre answer Nowyoudie

Ps my server wont run it.....it keep getting back to the mission menu where i could choose from

You wont be able to start he mission either on Multiplayer or in Singleplayer.

Fact: You need the addons on the Server PC as well as the clients PC.

What we do on Karrillions server is simply have the Addon-Directory contain all of the required addons. I'm not sure exactly how to create mod folders in a dedicated server. But the addons need to at least be in the server's "Add-On" directory as well as inside each client's PC (ether in the addon directory or a mod-folder of their choosing).

That's interesting.. I ran different edited Evolution missions that had M60 and T64 tanks and dropped the PBO mission file in my server. It worked fine without the addon files, but I guess it's different with Warfare missions..

Do you have a dedicated server? All I know is that for my home server, addons are required to be both on the server and the client's PC. Perhaps this discussion is best left for Xfire wink_o.gif

Now I'd again like extend my open invitation for some personalized help on the View Distance script & the few other issues I am having with the mission (described in the main post change-log). I would really appreciate it and if you would like to talk in a program like teamspeak, I would be even more grateful as it would make this process much smoother & faster. Thanks again.

this is an good warfare addon ! keep it the good work, an i hope that you replace the abrams soon, and i did not check it but is the A-10 still in the game ?

thumbs-up.gif

The A10 is not in the game. For balance we have:

East: Su34 & Su34B

West: F16 GBU & F22

If I add A10's and Harriers... thats 4 planes to easts basically 1. The game will become unbalanced and unfair to east players. Unless you know of an East aircraft (publically) available, please let me know if you do and then I'll be more than happy to implement it.

The M1A1 in towns has been added and will be available on next release.

A new abrams and T72 (By HA) will probably implemented as soon as they're released. The reason why the current one is in there is because both the T72 and Abrams can take a hit from 1 Sabot and still be function. At 2 sabots they are disabled and may explode.

The new version may end up coming tomorrow, depending if I decide to add a few things or not. It will include a new addon pack (size not yet determined) and mission file.

These are confirmed changes into the mission:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-View Distance Options now available (up to 3000m).

-Supply trucks removed. However players must do this if they want more cash flow.

-Added M1A1 RACS tp towns

-Added M60 RACS to towns

-Added (same) intro image again. (Was auto-removed upon incorperating Rommel's scripts)

-Added G36C

-Added G36A

-Added Aimpoint Desert 1.2 (non-M4 pack) weapons

--Desert M249

--Desert M249 EOTech

--Desert M24

--Desert M16

--M4A1SD M203 Acog

--Desert M107

--Desert SPR MK12

-Added 3 new "Complete Loadouts" for the desert weapons

-Added East/West Soldier's Icons, as there was no icon there before.

-Fixed all Icons for units. (Heavy, Light, Air, Airport) East/West.

-Increased db of intro music from +1dB to +2dB

-Decreased volume of bird sound effects from +5dB to +1dB

-Replaced F16 by Footmunch with edited version of the F16 by zGuba.

-Replaced Aimpoint Desert Pack from 1.0 to 1.2

-Replaced 4X4 vehicles with Landrovers in resistance held towns.

-Confirmed M1A1 RACs, M60 RACs, Vulcan RACs in large towns.

-FIXED: Reprogrammed AI (AI became unprogrammed with latest revision, is now fixed)

-Converted some of Rommels scripts into the game.

-New Starting weapon: M4A1SD M203 Acog Desert + 2 Grenades. (No M203 Grenades)

-New Mi24 (RHS_Hind).

---New hind in the farther future will have smaller loadout. (Request assistance).

---New hind has a working gunner turrent and is not a 'tank' any longer.

---Unfixable Error: "\Burst is not a class" - The hind has not be rivised for 1.14.

----Unless new Hind comes out there is no fix for this 1 time in-game error

-Moved Laser Designator to a different category so you can carry a launcher too.

-Modified intro help screen with information and a few tips.

-Changed prices of all weapons.

-Added new weapons to east. (Vilas's Weapons pack + Added RHS Weapons)

The list of things I need to finish before release:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">To do:

-Add the sandbags from Matt R mission (3 Stories)

-Change HMMWV Images (the 3 are the same)

-Starting weapons for both teams. Locate original change and change the other team's.

-Experiment with satchels that stick.

-Experiment a cargo plane for east/west

--Edit for forum: If anyone knows a "load unit script" that would make vehicles load on a plane to eject with a parashoot (or 3!) it would be neat.

When finished with mission - change back these values:

-Money Start: 700

-Supplies at start: 700

-Karrillions server has been cleaned out to make way for the new addon pack. The 1.0 and 1.1 missions are not available on his server at the moment but feel free to play it on any other servers or create one yourself.

Mission now has two problems that will be addressed tomorrow because I'm tired of 4.5 hours of editing today.

-Possibly moving the 2 stacks of sandbags

-Trying to find the classname of the Mig21. Currently doesn't spawn. "lobo_mig" is not the class.

Since I cannot create local online games and have them appear in the list, the only way of testing this mission requires I get access to a dedicated server.

Victor,

I read somewhere that one of the ports that Arma uses is for reporting to the master game browser. It could be that your game does not appear in the multiplayer server list because you have not forwarded the proper ports on your firewall.

You need to forward ports 2302, 2304 and 2305 to your computer that is hosting the game.

-hellop

New changes 100% confirmed for next version. <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-Added BE32 Cargo plane for East/West.

-Added 3 new "Complete Loadouts" for the desert weapons

-Added new weapons to east.

-Added addon ability to stick satchels to vehicles.

-Added Mig21 East

---Errror: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MGunClouds.scope

----Error cannot be fixed unless addon is updated unless I remove it complety.

-Changed Starting vehicles for East/West to addon vehicles.

-Changed prices of all the ammo for weapons.

-Changed Starting weapon for east. An Acog M4GL (No grenades)

-Changed all "Complete Loadouts" to better utilize the slots provided.

-Changed help screen with information and a few tips.

I want to try moving the higher walls defence back in the mission from Matt R's version and once I'm done with that I'll be finished. Also the Mig21 is not showing up. The classname "lobo_mig" does not work. Also, I'm thinking about the Rh AK pack too, but thats a small addition that wont take long.

Verry nice Victor , just great work and i love you`re addon !

And East is getting an new plane ? and plans for west?

Main post updated.

East has a new plane - actually it has the only modern plane ever released for Arma for the east side... The problem is the classname for the addon is very annoying. I've tried everything and can't get it to work. The Mig21 will be included in the addon pack but I'm not sure if I'll find the classname in time for the 2.1 release. On a side note: Karrillions server has been cleaned out with external addons to make way for the new version.

The mission still holds some pretty annoying errors, as of today I have a few errors that I don't think are fixable:

Taken from the changelog in the links on the first post:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Errors: Request Help

* ERROR: Mi24 '/Burst is not a DisplayName' - When spawned at air factory.

* ERROR: AH6 & MH6 are (RACS) and show up red to east units.

* --I will have to ether remove the AH6 and MH6 for both teams or find new addons down the line I guess.

* ERROR: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MGunClouds.scope

* --Has to do with the Mig21 (physical addon) released

If I can't fix any of those I may just release the mission anyway since the map is playable. Perhaps I'll rename it to BETA.

=======New large updated version up for download. =======

image2hf9copyis3.jpg

-----I suggest delete and/or overwrite your old 1.1 pack. -----

Please be aware that I'm classifying this as BETA and I would appreciate any and all problems reported to me or in the forum. I strongly welcome someone who knows a thing or two about scripting and can help me with my errors. You all have access to the mission, so feel free to try and find where I went wrong, as this is my first mission that I've ever edited. smile_o.gif

installed the new update and when i join the server i get the following orders :

No entry'bin\config./cfgworlds1

'burst/'is not a class('displayname'accessed)

the first error is repeating the whole time and send me back to the first screen of the server so i cant play the nission