Sign in to follow this  
icehollow

Which addons?

G'day been awhile since I've been around this forum due to losing Armed Assault. Anyways recently some mates and I have decided to get back into OFP. Now due to us coming in very very late on the whole OFP scheme of things, we not quite sure which mods to get.

Now what I'm asking is, not which mods were your favorites, but rather which mods were

A) Most popular

B) Had a noticeable effect on gameplay (I.e Changes stuff like animations, AI, etc)

So far all we could think of is :

FFUR-SLX 2008

Vietnam mods (VTE, HawkNam etc)

Help appreciated. wink_o.gif

Hello. It's impossible to say objectively what was most the popular, what was the best... So you'll just have to make up your mind based on 1st hand info or others' opinions, preferably the former.

From what I've played, the best Multiplayer-compatible mods are WarGames League mod, Finnish Defence Forces mod, ECP and Jungle Fever (hawknam). They're all the best at what they do. ECP is great because it works when playing on vanilla servers as well as ECP servers. I'd say WGL and JF have the most noticeable changes in gameplay, while FDF has the most new stuff and varied missions but also the worst AI config.

From what I've heard, FFUR, SLX, FFUR+SLX and such are not suitable for multiplayer unless you tolerate features breaking and game/server crashes.

For more info on MP mods, you can dig up some similar threads at the multiplayer part of the forum.

Hello. It's impossible to say objectively what was most the popular, what was the best... So you'll just have to make up your mind based on 1st hand info or others' opinions, preferably the former.

From what I've played, the best Multiplayer-compatible mods are WarGames League mod, Finnish Defence Forces mod, ECP and Jungle Fever (hawknam). They're all the best at what they do. ECP is great because it works when playing on vanilla servers as well as ECP servers. I'd say WGL and JF have the most noticeable changes in gameplay, while FDF has the most new stuff and varied missions but also the worst AI config.

From what I've heard, FFUR, SLX, FFUR+SLX and such are not suitable for multiplayer unless you tolerate features breaking and game/server crashes.

For more info on MP mods, you can dig up some similar threads at the multiplayer part of the forum.

Ah I forgot about WGL, Speaking of which, some of the videos I've seen of WGL feature better models than I remember being in WGL, is this custom?

The latest version allows you to use it in conjunction with mods such as DMA Army Pack.