Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet_Pimp

The creatures of Armed Asault

Just wondering, what animals are included in armed assault, i.e. what’s roaming about the country side, I’ve only spotted dragon flies and moths plus seagulls. I remember seeing videos with sheep in and dogs, possibly was a mod or from VBS before Arma was released.

Can anyone confirm which animals are in the final version?

The reason I ask is because I love the environment in Arma and I’d like to think that there is an ecosystem going on around me as I creep through the undergrowth.

Plus be cool to see fields full of cows/sheep and fighting around them, or creating a stampede.

Also the fences can you jump or climb over them? I'm sure I climbed over a wall in one of the cities during the cleansing operation mission, but then could not climb over a fence in a field on a later mission.

Butterflies can scare the crap out of you in tense situations if you spot one out the corner of your eye.

And you can shoot down birds with rifles and RPGs... whistle.gif

Apparently there are configs for sheep/Wolves?

But never quite made it into the game smile_o.gif

I only see dragonflies and seagulls

Can't jump or climb fences or structures,

can fall off building tops that have shin high perimeter,sometimes fences you can squeeze thru parts (openings in geometry)

rabbits were also going to be in game but arent

Its up to the modders, but I've heard a rumor there were plans for including new animals to patch content. Guess Arma2 developement is currently more important.

Its up to the modders, but I've heard a rumor there were plans for including new animals to patch content. Guess Arma2 developement is currently more important.

I hope so!

shame about the animals being left out be great to get them included in a future patch.

Could even have a hunting mod.

I'm sure imanaged to skip over a wall in one of the towns, even got an animation of my guys legs hopping up over it i'll try and get teh exact location and try it again. But couldnt get over any fences.

I recall patches ago I believe they implemented some invisible ramps for some obstacles on the map.

So some shin-high objects you can walk over

I also noticed on armedassault.com it says this in environmental:

Quote[/b] ]

Enviromental:

There are flies, honey-bees, and even dragonflies, mosquitoes or butterflies flying around.

If you unpbo the file ArmA/Addons/Animals.pbo, there is a folder named "Rabbit".

Inside it seems to have all the necessary stuff:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Rabbit.p3d

Rabbit - boxes in BIND pose.p3d

data/Anim/rabbit_basicIdle.rtm

data/Anim/rabbit_hop.rtm

data/Anim/rabbit_idleLookArround.rtm

data/Anim/rabbit_run.rtm

data/Rabbit.rvmat

data/rabbit_co.paa

data/rabbit_nohq.paa

"data/rabbit_co.paa" (Click to enlarge)

rabbitnn9.th.jpg

It seems that initially they wanted to add Rabbits to ArmA, but they probably ruled out it for some reason....

I have not any experience in addon making, but probably it has to be easy to compile it as an addon and make rabbits appear in random positions in all forests in the game.

Could anyone try it??? It has to be great to lose time hunting in the deep North Sahrani forests!! crazy_o.gif

No, this Rabbit is one imported from OFP. It's movements are poor, but it's better than nothing. I think that the one that comes in the game (not 100% implemented) can have smoother movements and a better look. sad_o.gif

IIRC, there are 4 animals ingame, a butterfly, a dragonfly, a seagull and a hawk.

There's also models for a Fox and Rabbit. But these aren't set up properly (the bunny is about 20ft tall! :O Good for Holy Grail Missions perhaps, but not much use elsewhere)