Sign in to follow this  
MonsterXXX

Can not open P3D file

I'm using Oxygen2 to open a P3D file but it always show this "Unable to load binarizedversion of the P3D......bra bra bra " on screen. Could anyone can helping me? Thanks.

Its a binarized p3d as it says, you can't open binarized ones with O2, only MLOD (or un-binarized) versions.

You probably pulled the p3d file from a released (binarized) addon made by someone else, hence why it won't open.

Download the MLOD Samples provided by BIS themselves if you want to play with something.

Gnat @ June 30 2008,16:50)]Its a binarized p3d as it says, you can't open binarized ones with O2, only MLOD (or un-binarized) versions.

You probably pulled the p3d file from a released (binarized) addon made by someone else, hence why it won't open.

Download the MLOD Samples provided by BIS themselves if you want to play with something.

where to download link? Thanks.

hi there,

don´t want to open a new topic, that´s why I post my question here.

I´m completly new to all this modding stuff and started with it only few days ago. So please excuse if I have to ask a lot to "get the point" and maybe ask sometimes really stupid questions.

As I said, I fooled around with O2PE and *.p3d´s. I used UnPBO1.5 and the "Kegetys-tool" cpbo v2.03 to extract the *.pbo files. I took release addons for ArmA and OFP and "unPBOed" them. (of course ONLY for private use and to learn a bit about addon-making  wink_o.gif )

So far so good. With most of the addons I have no problems to open the *.p3d file in O2.

But sometimes, when I try to open a certain *.p3d file I get the following message:

o2peerrorkf1.jpg

Maybe, [APS]Gnat gave the right answer but I didn´t get it - what exactly means "binarized p3d"? and why are some addons (OFP or ArmA) binarized and some aren´t??

help.gif Sorry, Im a Newbie and a NooB!  confused_o.gif

Hi Absalom

Most addons are binarized for either/both optimizing performance for gameplay and security (protection of model)

Some community addons are not binarized because they either a) dont know how to do it b) too lazy or c) dont really care who changes their model (BUT their README may say permissions are required, or simply not allowed)

You should download the BIS provided Sample files (if you havent already) as they contain un-binarized p3d of most BIS provided content.

Very good for learn.

thumbs-up.gif

thanks mate, for the quick response.  wow_o.gif

I see - and there´s no way to "un-binarize" such files?

I aware of the rights problem, don´t be afraid!  wink_o.gif

As I said it´s all just for privat learning.

addition:

wow_o.gif  (checked out your page, Gnat)

you are the one that made the V-22 Osprey beta 1? nice one, checked it out - nice and cool addon!

whistle.gif

seems sa i have solved the problem so far - found a way to convert the files and to open it.

is there a way to see which file is binarized and which one isn´t?