Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

The importance of the Mission.sqm item list?

Update: Problem solved.

When adding a unit to Warfare I noticed when traveling into the depths of the Mission.sqm the enormous list of "class Items". Two questions:

1. Is it imperative that I take the new incumbent addon pbo and paste it into BOTH addon lists at the top of the document?

2. Is it important that I add the (vehicle in this example) to the 990+ or so "class Item###'s"?

What does that do for you anyway?

Do NOT edit the mission.sqm by hand!

It is only for very experience people and not recommended in

general. Use the ingame editor to change units and stuff on

the map itself.

Only scripts and alike should and have to be edited with external

software.

Well I really have to disagree with you there. Now I hope this doesn't drag the original question off-topic but in order to add additional units to purchase etc., you must go into the Mission.Sqm and add the Addon.pbo file to the list - otherwise you will get an error when you load the mission editor stating that the file "has been deleted" and the only way to get that addon to work is to add it into the list in the Mission.sqm. Even the Warfare Wiki says that if you want to edit/add units, you must go through the Mission.sqm, but it is not much more specific than that.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"cacharacters",

"CABuildings",

"caweapons3_m16a4_acg",

"caweapons3_m107",

"Warfare",

"caa10",

"caair3_su34",

"saralite",

"causmcd",

"WarfareBuildings",

"mk19_tripod",

"CA_Hotfix",

"cti_buildingsm113_hq",

"cti_buildingsbmp2_hq",

"WarfareBuildings_TOW_Tripod",

"WarfareBuildings_T72_RACS",

"WarfareBuildings_T72_RACS",

"sara",

"CAMisc",

"warfarebuildings_stinger_twice_static",

"caweapons",

"rkta_f16"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"causmcd",

"cacharacters",

"WarfareBuildings",

"cti_buildingsm113_hq",

"cti_buildingsbmp2_hq",

"CABuildings",

"camisc",

"warfarebuildings_stinger_twice_static",

"warfarebuildings_tow_tripod",

"caweapons",

"sara",

"rkta_f16"

};

If "rkta_f16" is not added to the list. The mission will not load in the editor. However, others who have modified this map have added the new addons to the "Vehicle List" towards the bottom of the Mission.sqm. The list is nearly 1000 entries long and the point of this thread is to ask whether or not I need to put the rkta_f16 as a new entry at the bottom of that list.

Now I speak of course that the rkta_f16 is added to the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">\Common\Config\Config_Airportdirectory, with the proper entry:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;WEST

_u = _u + ["rkta_f16_1"]

_d = _d + [Localize "rkta_f16AT"]

_c = _c + [0]

_m = _m + [0 + (westBarracksCosts Select WPILOTTYPE)]

_o = _o + [true]

_t = _t + [0]

_p = _p + [50]

_i = _i + ["\rkta_F16\f16icn.paa"]

Now back to the original question, do I need to add the new addon(s) that are added to the mission to the bottom of the large Mission.sqm list?

There's a trick I use to force the editor into maintaining the addon lists automatically for units which are dynamically created.

Tip: You can add a sample unit somewhere on the map, then set it's 'Probably of presence' to zero %.

This will then add the unit to the addOns/addOnsAuto lists automatically, plus it will remove it if you ever delete or change it to a different type.

It also makes porting a mission/template to new missions much easier for other islands/areas.

It will also ensure no nasty 'missing addons' messages half way through playing.

Edit: Also, manually adding the addon name to the list will mean it gets automatically removed next time you resave/reload anyway, so this fixes that problem too.

There's a trick I use to force the editor into maintaining the addon lists automatically for units which are dynamically created.

Tip: You can add a sample unit somewhere on the map, then set it's 'Probably of presence' to zero %.

This will then add the unit to the addOns/addOnsAuto lists automatically, plus it will remove it if you ever delete or change it to a different type.

It also makes porting a mission/template to new missions much easier for other islands/areas.

It will also ensure no nasty 'missing addons' messages half way through playing.

*updated previous post*

I will try to implement this soon Dr_Eyeball. Hopefully I can get it to work. Thanks for the tip.

Edlt: Nifty little trick Eye. It worked. Thanks a bunch, that really saves a lot of time.