Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Warfare 1.1.x [DANIEL N&S]

Moderators to avoid confusion, could you please change thread title to: Warfare 1.1.x [DANIEL N&S]

Credits: BIS, MattRochelle (His mission gave me ideas and most of the groundwork to me learning about Warfare the mission.)

Mainly releasing because its (personally) much more enjoyable then the original version due to the higher prices and gameplay style that induces more teamwork, and a less arcade feel.

A setViewDistance and SetTerrainGrid set of options has been given to allow users to change their settings.

Entire Changelog, new mission will be out by end of week hopefully.

Quote[/b] ]

version (1)

//---------------//

Changed: Complete Map Redux

Changed: Config\*.* - Increased various prices.

Changed: Resistance Config Simplified

Changed: Artillery changed to HEAT Shells

Changed: Initial Resources; Doubled Funds, Halved Supplies

Changed: Increased Construction Distances

Changed: Increased Max Player Group Size (27 Personnel)

Changed: Increased Respawn Range (600 -> 1600)

Changed: Increased Town Capture Rate (1.0 -> 1.331)

Changed: Decreased Skiptime Rate 0.00666 to 0.00333

Changed: Decreased FastTravelSpeed (75m/s to 55m/s)

Changed: Briefing (Accordingly)

//---------------//

Optimized: Replaced setDamage 1 w/ deleteVehicle

Optimized: Mission no longer has grass by default

//---------------//

Removed: AI Supply Trucks

//---------------//

Added: 'Rommels Missile Range Restrictor'

Added: 'Rommels Configuration ActiveText'

//---------------//

Added: RHIBs can now be bought from the Light Vehicle Factory

Added: Resistance now can use LandRoverMGs and AH6_RACs

Added: Tandag, Tlaloc Towns to be Captured.

Added: Santa Lucia, Peregino Bases to be Captured.

Added: Camps to Surrounding area of "Paraiso"

Added: SV SupplyValue / MaxSupplyValue to Town SV Markers

//---------------//

//---------------////---------------////---------------////---------------//

version (2)

//---------------//

Changed: Config\*.* - Increased various prices.

Changed: Resistance Config Simplified Again.

Changed: Artillery restored to original, AI would not fire the HEAT shells.

Changed: Artillery range from 10,000 to 6,000.

Changed: RHIBs can now be bought from BOTH OF the Light Vehicle Factorys.

Changed: Camps to Surrounding area of "Paraiso".

Changed: FastTravel zones for many towns (problems were occuring).

Changed: Supply Truck SV increaser value from 10 to 5.

Changed: Increased Construction Distances.

Changed: Increased Bounty and Mission Values, encourages more groundwork seeing as its a major income.

Changed: Increased Respawn Range (1600 -> 1800).

Changed: Decreased Town Capture Rate (1.0 -> 9.331).

Changed: Decreased Skiptime Rate 0.00666 to 0.00333.

Changed: Decreased FastTravelSpeed (55m/s to 50m/s).

Changed: Decreased Max Player Group Size (18 Personnel).

Changed: Decreased Capture Range.

//---------------//

Removed: AI Supply Trucks.

Removed: AI Salvagers (Didn't work without Supply trucks.).

Removed: 'Rommels Missile Range Restrictor'.

//---------------//

Optimized: 'Rommels Configuration ActiveText'.

Fixed: Bagango, Ortego Depot locations, Ai were spawning in buildings proving impossible capture.

Fixed: SV / MaxSV was having client problems, everyone had different values.

//---------------//

Added: Pacamac, Valor, TresValles, Paraiso Airport (Peregrino) to be Captured.

//---------------//

//---------------////---------------////---------------////---------------//

version (3)

//---------------//

Added: Aircraft Flares.

Added: Helicopter Enhancments (Engagement Ranges && Missile Capabilities. Scaled to 30% of Real statistics).

Added: Radar Building - Provides Marked Positions of all air targets within 5km of the building (expensive).

Added: MFCTI Money Division System. (Commander receives all money, but allocates a percentage of the income to players).

Added: Buyable Tank Barriers.

Added: Javelin to OPFOR.

Changed: Mando Airlift (No longer can airlift heavy vehicles).

Changed: Prices = Troops (=), Weapons (=), Light Vehicles (+/-), Heavy Vehicles (+/-), Helicopters (+/-),Aircraft (=)

Changed: Slightly higher supply values on Large Towns. (90 -> 110)

Changed: Camo Net Price (Lowered, its not Silk Netting.)

Changed: AI Skill, Much Higher Now (0.2 -> 0.6). Includes RACS and Bought Units.

Changed: Removed 4x4 LandRover (Useless). Increased probability for T72s.

Fixed: Mando Airlift non-working for OPFOR Mi-17.

Fixed: Su34 Civilian Vehicle Bug

Fixed: Su34 Re-arm

Fixed: After death "Configuration" action dissapears.

Fixed: RACs were missing AA/AT soldiers completely.

Maybe: Trade In Function.

Maybe: Vehicles per Side Limit.

Maybe: Structures per base Limit.

Maybe: Buyable Minefields (maximum three per side if at all.)

Version 2:

http://rapidshare.com/files/126983367/Warfare32V112_DNS_.Sara.rar.html

See changelog above for changes and additions.

Hi..not played it yet ,but is it suppossed to be un PBO'd...

you might wanna change that for the general masses icon_rolleyes.gif

ohh nice to see 'em different versions of the warefare mission coming to life smile_o.gif

Yeh just had that brought to my attention...  rofl.gif

*Check Above Post for Link*

whistle.gif

Thanks Rommel!

I'll be sure to check it out. I like the changes you picked smile_o.gif

Changed: Aircraft hangars cannot be destroyed. - Excellent, too easy to abuse that by being a friendly saboteur

Changed: Increased Construction Distances. Perfect, was kinda hard to put defenses on hills around HQ if they were too far

Changed: Increased Max Player Group Size (27 Personnel). Hope it doesn't lag game like I've seen on another edit like this, RTS-4 didn't lag with such a size though

Changed: Increased Respawn Range (600 -> 1600) Good, so it makes it harder to camp those respawning?

Removed: AI Supply Trucks. GOOD FREAKING RIDDANCE they were useless and only got in the way of AI vehicles too, game always required you supply manually due to incompetent AI driving

Added: 'Rommels Missile Range Restrictor'. So now the hunter has to show him/herself in order to bite.

Thanks Rommel!

I'll be sure to check it out.  I like the changes you picked smile_o.gif

Changed: Aircraft hangars cannot be destroyed. - Excellent, too easy to abuse that by being a friendly saboteur

Changed: Increased Construction Distances. Perfect, was kinda hard to put defenses on hills around HQ if they were too far

Changed: Increased Max Player Group Size (27 Personnel). Hope it doesn't lag game like I've seen on another edit like this, RTS-4 didn't lag with such a size though

Changed: Increased Respawn Range (600 -> 1600) Good, so it makes it harder to camp those respawning?

Removed: AI Supply Trucks. GOOD FREAKING RIDDANCE they were useless and only got in the way of AI vehicles too, game always required you supply manually due to incompetent AI driving

Added: 'Rommels Missile Range Restrictor'. So now the hunter has to show him/herself in order to bite.

Hi,

regarding the AI supply trucks - perhaps it would be possible to improve thier driving skills by setting them to combat mode SAFE - as far as I remember if an AI is on SAFE mode, they will ignore fighting but keep on roads - havent tested it though

Regards Gunhawk

Best version of Warfare so far.

camo nets and GBUs for Su34B's have really made Warfare fun online. Not to mention the ability to change your view distance (up to 3000m and graphics options (Grass on or off). Well done Daniel.

An idea??  Can the supply truck routes be replaced with some sort of network infrastructure? i.e. is it possible to tie towns with some sort of static placement of an object? In doing so the object maintains the supply and can be sabotaged etc  Silly perhaps, but I'm trying to address having to move AI around for supply.

PS I am no script writer, this is an idea for people ala ROM who can code smile_o.gif

I'm not entirely sure what your implying.

Are you referring to something similiar to that of "supply boxes" or some such that can be destroyed?

If so:

1. How would you increase the value/amount.

2. Whats wrong with managing Ai? Don't like it, don't do it, just give the money for the trucks to someone who can/will.

3. Isn't the beginning or total capture of a town even if you dont capture it, just hurt their supply values enough for this 'sabotage' approach?

Regards,

Romm.

v3 Changelog, new mission will be out by end of week hopefully.

Quote[/b] ]

version (3)

//---------------//

Added: Aircraft Flares.

Added: Helicopter Enhancments (Engagement Ranges && Missile Capabilities. Scaled to 30% of Real statistics).

Added: Radar Building - Provides Marked Positions of all air targets within 5km of the building (expensive).

Added: MFCTI Money Division System. (Commander receives all money, but allocates a percentage of the income to players).

Changed: Mando Airlift (No longer can airlift heavy vehicles).

Changed: Prices = Troops (=), Weapons (=), Light Vehicles (+/-), Heavy Vehicles (+/-), Helicopters (+/-),Aircraft (=)

Changed: Slightly higher supply values on Large Towns. (90 -> 110)

Changed: AI Skill, Much Higher Now (0.2 -> 0.6). Includes RACS and Bought Units.

Changed: Removed 4x4 LandRover (Useless). Increased probability for T72s.

Fixed: Mando Airlift non-working for OPFOR Mi-17.

Fixed: Su34 Civilian Vehicle Bug

Fixed: Su34 Re-arm

Fixed: After death "Configuration" action dissapears.

Fixed: RACs were missing AA/AT soldiers completely.

Maybe: Vehicles per Side Limit.

Maybe: Structures per base Limit.

Is this meant for the AI commander?

Sweet dude, are we talking about headhogs here?

Ehh… mmm… confused_o.gif

Oh wow cammo nets can be bought?

Oh dude, does this mean that we will be able to sell misplaced walls?

Now we’re talking, too bad we couldn’t also have AP mines also.

Sweet dude, are we talking about headhogs here?

Ehh… mmm… confused_o.gif

Oh wow cammo nets can be bought?

Oh dude, does this mean that we will be able to sell misplaced walls?

Now we’re talking, too bad we couldn’t also have AP mines also.

Human Commanders. Good point, I had not looked into how the AI commander may handle this. crazy_o.gif

Who uses AI commanders anyhow.. tounge2.gif .

----

6.jpg

---

I have added Su34 GBUs, and it seemed a little too awesome, however it is not final decision, am looking for feedback.

---

Yup. Vehicles are not supported at the moment, as they can be salvaged already. smile_o.gif

---

Well, you can already place AT mines, so Ill leave that to players, but AP mines were the thought in hand.

---

Human Commanders. Good point, I had not looked into how the AI commander may handle this. crazy_o.gif

Who uses AI commanders anyhow..  tounge2.gif .

True this, except uhh... what about us (LAN) singleplayers, the other side will have an AI commander?

What I mean by it is does it affect how the other AI quads receive their funding, or do they even use it, like do the other AI squads just automatically spawn without the need for anything? I’m still unsure how they work towards that so I just thought I would ask away here given this particular add on function.

I have been thinking about it, and I have decided that the in the case of an AI commander the funding percentage towards players is at a default 5% of the side income. Where as with a player the options are between 2% -> 6.25% (Completely even).

Incase some are unsure how this works and are scared of the percentages.

Three towns are taken, each town has a supply value of 110, making a combined total of 330. This in normal money division system would give everyone a total of 330 dollars per minute.

In this system, despite the (going to have to) significant increase in income and or lower of prices, 330 would be divided among 15 players, at a certain percentage.

If it was say 4% each player would get 13.2 dollars per minute. Leaving 132 dollars per minute for the commander.

%5:

Player: 16.5/min Commander: 82.5/min

%6

Player: 19.8/min Commander: 33/min

Etc.

Anyway, as mentioned, I will have to change either the income quantity, or prices. tounge2.gif

could you make a version with these changes at all

Quote[/b] ]-Remove all supply trucks

-remove spawning at towns

-remove fast travel

-add moble forward spawn unit (reptruck) that can build a respawn point using heath tents) and beable to build ammo creates small defences etc....

-ending game make so that all buildings and MHQ have to be destroyed for a Win

-add building upgrades meaning for Eg: you build a barrack you should only beable to bye min 3 diff types of units no AT units untill a upgrade is bought this should apply to all buildings

notworthy.gif

- No

- Maybe

- Maybe (I do wish to keep some of the arcade players, and not bore those whom may die over ten kilometres from the base.)

- Yes, already in the works. Another idea I forgot to mention, is the respawnable "Hospital", expensive however you can respawn at them across the map instead of bases. These may be an answer to point two instead of camps/towns.

- I am not sure what you are implying, unless you mean secondary bases need to be destroyed aswell? In which case: No.

- No. I never liked this in the old MFCTI, it slowed gameplay too much, and seeing as players can already buy the gear from square one, a definite nope. Allowing improvised airfields. And a more planned base site.

___

Rather then turn this totally into MFCTI, I still wish to keep Warfare -> Warfare...

That also said I don't mind the way the base looks with non desert looking buildings...

rofl.gif

Really looking forward to this mod Rommel and thanx for clarifying this.

i think with the size of islands that 2-3 bases would have been awesome to get away from this fast travleing and spawning in towns thats just turned me off the whole warfare game...

if you get smart players warfare games can end pretty quickly just listen for the AI trucks driving to your base lol far to easy to find bases in these warfare games

that was one of the great things in older MFCTI games MHQ hunters cat and mouse with the MHQ you allways wondered where there MHQ was rofl.gif

its even worse now no MHQ game is over here....

i would still like to try this version out when ya got it all woopeed up

good work

Thanks for the comments all!

@Russin

If you had read the previous changelogs, you would learn that AI supply trucks have been removed, and a smart commander never allows the AI teams to be on automatic, otherwise, yes he does run the risk of exposing his base. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the comments all!

@Russin

If you had read the previous changelogs, you would learn that AI supply trucks have been removed, and a smart commander never allows the AI teams to be on automatic, otherwise, yes he does run the risk of exposing his base.  smile_o.gif

HMM i over looked that

where yas all playing this mission what server id like to come and try it with yas all notworthy.gif

PM me server details and a good time when yas play

regards russin

We'll be playing Daniel's (aka Rommel's) mission on the "169th Panthers High Performance Server"  which is a core 2 duo pc running just the one session of Arma and nothing else. Based in California, on a 100MB optic fibre through www.cihost.com

It wont be up all of the time, but you should find it between Midnight and Midday GMT