Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios : Reloaded

Thank you for what you have released and I support RKSL Studios and PUKF. Hate to see you both go. *Salute*

GD Mast

why get so mad? this kind of shit has to be expected

It affects his income and his IP, if you can't understand that basic fact i think your probally one of the people who do this shit.

Hopefully he will sue the shit out of the guy who did that

If they want to set up a "legal fund" I'd be happy to bank roll some of it. I'm so god damn tired of these people stealing work with out remorse or regard for the livelihood of our community members.

It's sad to see these terrorists winning. :mad:

Now, that both PUKF and RKSL Studios have surrendered, I guess we'll have to play with some French units in the future.

Anyway, thanks for all the elite work you have done so far.

RIP

omg :eek:

i can't believe i have spotted such situation only now :(

those motherF*ckers stealing and selling models. Unbelievable, just unbelievable...

to do list:

succesfully finish university.

don't find a good job, so that i could join the army. then join SF and catch everyone who does such things. Then crack their b*llz with weapon stock and remind: by the community for the community, send their sorry letters to everyone.

:mad:

best of luck rksl :|

Edited by Gedis

Seems the profit leechers are here too. We had one guy in the CnC community who stole work from almost every mod also stole art work from EA games and some GTA and other racing games and put it all up for some on some sites which were very reluctant to close the account(s) at the times. Rather futile in some cases because he simply reregistered and put them up for offer again. Turned out to be some 15 year old german kid with a foul mouth. We should've phoned his parents, that'd scared the shit out of him.

Its a damned shame. I was really looking forward to those amazing addons such as the Hercules and sea king. Hopefully you find the thief and sue his ass. Thanks for the releases so far...

A very sad day indeed. I'm somewhat gutted by this, I was looking forward to finally playing ArmA with UK kit after a long long time; my rig got stolen sometime ago by some scaly so haven't tried any RKSL or UKF stuff!

Theft is a sad thing, it takes a lot of desperation to do such things, it's sad because the people who do it realise the only talent they'll ever have is to ride on the shoulders of giants and claim credit for something that isn't theirs.

I guess RESPECT has died in modern society, no matter where you live in the world...all very depressing.

There is one thing certain in life, no matter where you are from or what language you speak...there is always a git somewhere who will spoil things for everyone else!!!!

All the best RKSL, you were true gentlemen to have shared your amazing talent and the amazing work YOU created with us.

:thumbs-up:

Wow - Am I ignorant and naive or is this a new low for the community?

You would have to be pretty insecure and immature to try and pass someone else's work off as your own, but to try and sell it? Slimy, unethical and criminal.

A nice kick to the teeth for RKSL Studios. I'm glad you just put public modding on pause and haven't written the community off in the heat of the moment. (I may get to play with that c-130 yet ;) )

Every community has at least one jerk, and I'm sorry you had to meet ours.

Thanks for the mods - they continue to provide many hours of enjoyment.

db

Its a damned shame. I was really looking forward to those amazing addons such as the Hercules and sea king. Hopefully you find the thief and sue his ass. Thanks for the releases so far...

Yeah its sad seeing the Seaking going unreleased for arma. It's one of the models I really put alot of time in on the textures. Hopefully there will be a solution in the near future but for now It's a shame everything everything gets ruined by a few.

For the all above giving compliments and good lucks... Thanks!

I just want to say that I am genuinely sorry to disappoint anyone. I know it may sound petty to some, or what has happened is just the risk you take making addons. But I cannot jeopardise the business that pays my mortgage.

While I would not go so far as to say that this is the risk you take when making addons, there always has been and always will be assholes with an overdeveloped sense of personal importance and entitlement. As the computing public (read: children, mental or otherwise) gets more and more sophisticated, it's becoming more and more likely that any given ip will be compromised at any given time.

I am quite please that this issue was resolved with the involvement of the police. It's a shame you weren't able to press charges, though, as the accounts that were frozen would have an ip, and those ips have owners. If someone stole a sculpture you were making as your business, and it was found in a pawn shop, and the sellers were tracked down, you can bet that this person would be charged. The pawn broker may also be charged with posessing stolen property depending on the situation.

Since these models are in part your livelihood, I don't think it's petty to pull out of mod making- temporarily or for good. If you were to do that, it may discourage some small percentage of future thieves. Thieves have friends and these friends may have an interest in seeing mods released. If these theives were bragging about their next offence, his may protest, for instance. I'd wager that it would only inflate this particular thief's ego, though. Fortunately, this situation is not about him. It is about the integrity of the community.

If RKSL Studios requires an airtight community with no possibility of ip abuse, I don't think you will find it here. There will always be some risk. I hope that whatever you do, you find success, satisfaction, and security.

Satisfaction is already something what we have when we are creating addons. There doesnt change much, business as usual inside RKSL its just releases that stopped.

What will the future bring? We will see. As long as there is something to make I am satisfied.

What about, Bohemia Interactive VIP Dev Team...

Were addoncreators or even whole teams can apply for membership.

Writen contracts, possibility to charge money for creations and perhaps

some higher level of security...

Look at The Sims...They made it possible for community to sell their creation.

Why not BIS...

so sorry to hear that :( . the same thing happend to another game comunity a while back

(and thank you for your current addons)

That would then mean we would have to pay for addons which i feel would make the whole thing even more problematic with stolen IP. Although it would be nice to make a bit of cash from the addons we all produce haha!

Guest RKSL-Rock
;1274949']What about' date=' Bohemia Interactive VIP Dev Team...

Were addoncreators or even whole teams can apply for membership.

Writen contracts, possibility to charge money for creations and perhaps

some higher level of security...

Look at The Sims...They made it possible for community to sell their creation.

Why not BIS...[/quote']

I really don't think VIP teams or "payware" addons are the way to go. I know its worked in the FS community (which i was a part of for many years) but the prospect of making money from addons - in the early days at least - just meant a lot of content was stolen form various sources to make a fast buck.

What is needed is a better awareness of the rules and consequences. With those rules and consequences applied globally and fairly across the community.

This isn't BIS fault. Its up to the community to police itself. BIS wrote the software we use, they don't own the community. We do. So its up to us to do something to fix it. Now the big news sites and a lot of addon makers are coming together to discuss this and work out a proposal for the community. So please no more "boycotts" or payware discussions. Lets keep addons free and work towards a better community that's safe (ok safer :P) for everyone.

I do feel BIS could go as far as Banning teams/people who go as far as to jack these addons. Currently it seems to be giving out the message that as long as you dont comment on your wrong doings on BIS forums you can still advertise your clan for recruiting purpose, which could/will lead to more members having said jacked models. Be sweet to see a lil change in the rules as i feel it would go a long way. :pray:

I do feel BIS could go as far as Banning teams/people who go as far as to jack these addons. Currently it seems to be giving out the message that as long as you dont comment on your wrong doings on BIS forums you can still advertise your clan for recruiting purpose, which could/will lead to more members having said jacked models. Be sweet to see a lil change in the rules as i feel it would go a long way. :pray:

I second that.......

Guest RKSL-Rock

Well to be fair the BIS rules have been amended slightly now.

Maybe if we, as a community, present a united front outside of these forums and create and enforce "our" rules across our community BIS will take the our lead and help support us?

Maybe if we, as a community, present a united front outside of these forums and create and enforce "our" rules across our community BIS will take the our lead and help support us?

Good call Rock. No doubt in my mind they would. Ultimately it's gotta start with us.

I agree that BIS could be more proactive, but I don't believe it's BIS' fault. As far as i've been made aware by the Moderator team, BIS have reworded their ruleset in order to better protect the community.

BIS have nothing to do here, they're not a police force and they can only enforce things on their forums. BIS isn't to blame for anything. It's dickheads that can't deal with themselves and are shielded by the anonimity of the internet.

Guest RKSL-Rock
BIS have nothing to do here, they're not a police force and they can only enforce things on their forums. BIS isn't to blame for anything. It's dickheads that can't deal with themselves and are shielded by the anonimity of the internet.

Exactly which is why we need to organise ourselves better.

well am up for that go for it man i think you will find a lot of us will back ya up for this