Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios : Reloaded

Marry Cristmas!

(Sorry to hear the bad news)

Personally I am satisfied just knowing the stuff is out there and it's being perfected. smile_o.gif

Hope your Mum gets better soon Rock. This time last year my Mum was in hospital, the walls where falling down, generally a shit time. Things get better mate.

Merry Christmas all.

Hi Rock and the RKSL team!

Fantastic work - as always! I think you guys deserve a well deserved rest for at least a couple weeks :P

Just out of interest, where can I find the HMS Albion download on your forums? Im going cross-eyed trying to look for it!

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

bootneckofficer

Thanks guys!!! How about a RAF Chinook with a GPMG gunner crew member or crew chief on the rear ramp.

Thanks guys!!!  How about a RAF Chinook with a GPMG gunner crew member or crew chief on the rear ramp.

The RAF don't use GPMGs on Chinook instead they have M134s and/or M60s. RKSL are doing a Chinook though, you can see it in the background of some of the Merlin screenshots IIRC.

@bootneckofficer - Albion's not finished yet, if you read this you can see that it's not even textured yet.

*Cough* I made HMS Albion....check our forums for the download!

@da12thMonkey - Im confused!

bootneckofficer

bootneckofficer

He's referring UNN to their internal team forum. It's not accessible to the likes of you and me.

Guest RKSL-Rock

bootneckofficer

If you check out the Puma Video you can see the current state of Albion. The Puma Flies past the part finished model in the first 30 seconds.. Right now it’s not in a really useable state.

Each of the videos and screen shot sets have "easter eggs" in. Something we haven’t shown before or at least new versions of older stuff.

May i ask what u are going to do with Boa Verde??

I know for sure its an island EVERYONE would like to

have...

Maby a new years gift pehaps whistle.gif

notworthy.gif

have...

Maby a new years gift pehaps  whistle.gif

notworthy.gif

Boa verde is not ready yet to be released by new year. smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Nice systems that you have created here, Rock.

I only had the Idea UNN made it happen.  All the scripted stuff really is 99% his work.

I have 1 question. I have noticed the Flare/ chaff system is not appliable only to choppers and planes.

Do you plan to integrate them also in the ships?

The Flare system could be applied to almost anything.  It would have to be adapted (ie particles given move speed and time to live)  for slow moving objects but there is no reason why not.  I had considered it for some of the ships we're looking at.

Also. Could you give us some info about the sonobuoys funtuinality

Not really, as I think I said either in the advent calendar or forums.  It’s really just an idea we’re planning.  

I wanted something like this for a mission set I was thinking about.  The basic idea was to create a weapon that you could drop to create a chain of sensors that would allow you to monitor an area of sea with.  Each buoy would have a fairly short life span eg 15-20 mins and a range of 1km, and would alert you via the sonar screen dialog that something was in the area.

The dipping sonar would be similar but with a much longer range.  Allowing you to hunt for target day or night and set up defensive lines at sea.  

KUDOS for an outstanding work. You deserve all the praise given in these pages because the quality of your work cannot be denied

Thank you, we’ve been a bit taken aback by the strength and quantity of people’s praise since release.  Considering the abuse we’ve gotten over  recent months it was a nice change.  

Incidentally, with the exception of one person (There will be a Blog entry about this)  we’re had nothing abusive since the 4th day of the advent calendar.  Which is very rare!

have...

Maby a new years gift pehaps  whistle.gif

notworthy.gif

Boa Verde is nowhere near ready for public consumption!  I’m rebuilding major parts of it to improve performance and playability.  In all probability it’s going to overflow into ArmA2 rather than be released for ArmA1

I'm really pleased to see all the praise you and your mates have been getting Rock, very richly deserved. The Lynx is just a blast at low altitude. Seeing that instrument panel took me right back to my Lynx course at Aborfield last year, I'm not sure that is a good thing, it made my poor armourer's brain ache!

biggrin_o.gif

Im also loving the lynx. Ive got 5 hours flying on it. (with breaks yes) but Ive not crashed it yet!  If you cant fly that aircraft you

might aswell not fly at all.  rofl.gif  Brilliantly done, im still not sure

which one I like the best the AH9 is nice too.

Being able to do the logistics behind the assault is quite fun aswell. Not adressed to RKSL but in general we need bigger trucks.  biggrin_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

If you think of what a medium size combat force would need

in supplies. And then given the fact Ive added some boxes for

"other" stuff like food and medicine etc. My 2 warehouse storage

facility has grown to 5 warehouses now. The amount of 2.5T trucks needed to move that is incredible...  crazy_o.gif

Now going to figure out how to move all the stuff.  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the brilliant addons RKSL!

Now only I need a new computer, one that does work properly.  whistle.gif

If you cant fly that aircraft you

might aswell not fly at all. rofl.gif

Thats going to come back to haunt you, saying that wink_o.gif

Great work as always, only got to see them from the ground pounders perspective so far, but they sound great, and seeing a Puma streak by with tons of flares pouring out of it during the middle of a firefight was awesome.

Any word on ericM's Hinds and Ka-52?  Are they still in beta?  Haven't heard from him in a long time.

GD Mast

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any word on ericM's Hinds and Ka-52?  Are they still in beta?  Haven't heard from him in a long time.

GD Mast

They'll be covered in another thread since they aren't RKSL projects.

Guest RKSL-Rock

April 2009 UPDATES

Its been a long, long, long week for me. This website update has been one of the hardest to finish in a very long time. Normally its just and hour or two getting the screen shots (it takes me forever to stop playing around once I get in game) then a little while to get the copy written and just hit publish. This time just got, well complicated...

You can read the full story here  But I've added some new content and alot of other stuff is one the way too.

Highlights are:

<ul>- WIP news on CVF Carriers

- WIP news on Big Cat Breeding Program - New Pumas

- NEW project page for Cessna 208B

- NEW project page for IAR 330 SOCAT Puma

- New Download System

- Improved Browser Compatibility

april_update_splash1.jpg

Full details and more pictures on the website.

great work guys, I was convinced the bottom right screen showed a runway, it was only after looking at it a second time I saw it was WIP CVF carrier, that thing is big smile_o.gif

notworthy.gif

Southy

Very nice screenshots and of course models and textures!

Looking forward to fly em. Helos and planes add a lot to gameplay. yay.gif