Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios : Reloaded

ok maybe i am a bit too overdemanding, but......are those winch finish yet?  biggrin_o.gif

I don’t understand the question?  Are you asking does the winch work? Or which will be finished first?

oops~ the first question tounge2.gif

@ RockofSL and da12thMonkey

Cheers guys, clears that up, have never really known about our boys CSAR capability.

Seakings look damn nice.

notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]oops~ the first question

The short answer is, it will smile_o.gif At least, after the Cargo system is released. Stuff like that, is it's real intention.

Those Sea Kings look absolutely Fabtastic notworthy.gif

Can't wait to take em for a spin over Sahrani. Dunno if this has already been answered, but will there be version with a doorgunner with a GIMPY???

Great work guys smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Those Sea Kings look absolutely Fabtastic  notworthy.gif

Can't wait to take em for a spin over Sahrani. Dunno if this has already been answered, but will there be version with a doorgunner with a GIMPY???

Great work guys  smile_o.gif

Yes, they will have door gunners where appropriate.

It will probally be very difficult with the game engine I presume, but

will the seaking be able to float on water? huh.gif

And Im quite sure you guys will have this covered, but what capabilities will the SAR version have? For instance a tweaked

auto hover? Or things like that making it completly suited for SAR.

Im not sure about this but arent the seakings equiped with sonar buoys aswell? Any features like that? huh.gif

Also just an idea, would it be possible to have a cargoseat or

extra gunner position in the aircraft sitting infront of the spotting window/bubble, with no weapon obviously but have some sort of scope idea without rectangles and stuff just clear screen but with ability to zoom a bit, so you could actually look for the downed pilot in the ocean from inside the aircraft?

Good work on the model as allways!

Guest RKSL-Rock
It will probally be very difficult with the game engine I presume, but

will the seaking be able to float on water? huh.gif

I answered this on the RKSL Public forums but I’ll copy the response here too:

…

Will they also have the abillity to float on water?? Exept the HC4 i guess since it doesnt have the pontoons.

I'm undecided about this.  In the real world they wouldn’t land on the surface in anything but an emergency.  I may add the option to deploy the float bags to allow them to be recovered and repaired though.  Something to think about.

Actually all of them have the ability to float after a soft ditching.  They all have float bags attached to the sponsons.  The HC4 has them in the round canisters on the side of the landing gear "wings".

And Im quite sure you guys will have this covered, but what capabilities will the SAR version have? For instance a tweaked auto hover? Or things like that making it completly suited for SAR.

I’m not sure how or why we would need a “tweaked auto hover�  The ability to hover in a static position is already more than enough.  The winch will work as part of the cargo system as UNN already said.  I’m not sure what else we could add to make it more suited for SAR!

Im not sure about this but arent the seakings equiped with sonar buoys aswell? Any features like that? huh.gif

None on the UK seakings carry sonar buoys anymore.  The HC4 and HAS6CR are all about transport and the HAR3 is a pure civilian SAR aircraft with no war fighting capability.  The Merlin HM1 is the only RN helicopter to carry sonar buoys now.

Also just an idea, would it be possible to have a cargoseat or

extra gunner position in the aircraft sitting infront of the spotting window/bubble, with no weapon obviously but have some sort of scope idea without rectangles and stuff just clear screen but with ability to zoom a bit, so you could actually look for the downed pilot in the ocean from inside the aircraft?

Already done, the load master/winch man will have the ability to move himself to the doorway and stick his head out to look around.

Quote[/b] ]And Im quite sure you guys will have this covered, but what capabilities will the SAR version have? For instance a tweaked

auto hover? Or things like that making it completly suited for SAR.

I did some SAR scripts for OFP, with CSJ on his Hueys. Arma's new anim system means we don't have to worry so much about autohover e.t.c now. While we don't have the rope function of VBS, we can at least do a bit more than we could in OFP.

Is this going to be just a general representation of the Seaking? Because if you are doing the British version you are missing the radar on the top. I know this because my dad was part of the team who designed them biggrin_o.gif

Is this going to be just a general representation of the Seaking? Because if you are doing the British version you are missing the radar on the top. I know this because my dad was part of the team who designed them  biggrin_o.gif

Not all of the British Seakings have the radar on top as far as I know, but im sure rockape will be around to clear that up wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

…new site but when are we going get our fucking addons!

…You should tell us all when you are going to release you’ve had them long enough

Cmon we demand proper updates with release dates

Fuk you are some slow fukers, get your fuking cunts in gear…

Tell me when you are going to release these addon…I NEED THEM NOW…

stop teasing us you fukking cuntz…

Please tell me when the Harrier will be released and i wont accept whenits done i want a solid date...

You should be working on the C-130 not making websites you dick. When is it going to ready

Doncha wana make US hardware the brit stuff is shit. Release everything now and we can finish for you

nothing for 4 months and now you post this with no solid releaze date you suck

You guys shoud make all of your addons, make videos of you playing with them and not release any of them. This ungrateful community deserves nothing. It's sad the way people act in this community. It gets worse everyday.

Good luck on your projects. What we've seen so far looks amazing. If it were me, I would never release them to the public.

Monty!, Whose quote was that!?! He should be band.gif

it's Unbelieveable how ungrateful some people are towards people who are working hard and making great stuff, and whats wrong with British Military Hardware?

Your doing real good guys, don't let these comments bring you down! wink_o.gif

Edit : I just looked at your site and its awesome. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]

…new site but when are we going get our fucking addons!

…You should tell us all when you are going to release you’ve had them long enough

Cmon we demand proper updates with release dates

Fuk you are some slow fukers, get your fuking cunts in gear…

Tell me when you are going to release these addon…I NEED THEM NOW…

stop teasing us you fukking cuntz…

Please tell me when the Harrier will be released and i wont accept whenits done i want a solid date...

You should be working on the C-130 not making websites you dick.  When is it going to ready

Doncha wana make US hardware the brit stuff is shit. Release everything now and we can finish for you

nothing for 4 months and now you post this with no solid releaze date you suck

You guys shoud make all of your addons, make videos of you playing with them and not release any of them. This ungrateful community deserves nothing. It's sad the way people act in this community. It gets worse everyday.

Good luck on your projects. What we've seen so far looks amazing. If it were me, I would never release them to the public.

That just sounds like another BF2 / CS kiddy that hasn't had his sugar puffs this morning icon_rolleyes.gif

To be fair most people in the community can and don't mind the wait as they know that the final product is going to be rather orgasmic.

Gosh this place has got worse since I was last here sad_o.gif

Regards Mark.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Is this going to be just a general representation of the Seaking? Because if you are doing the British version you are missing the radar on the top. I know this because my dad was part of the team who designed them  biggrin_o.gif

Actually if you ask your Dad you'll find out they are correct.  There are only 5 types of Seaking still operated by the UK:

- HC4 Transport/Medium Lift.

- HAS6CR Transport/Medium Lift.

- ASaC.7 Airbourne Surveilance and Control (AWACS)

- HAR3/3a operated by the RAF for non combat SAR roles.

- HU.5 operated by the RN, aslo for non combat SAR roles. (which we most likely wont bother making)

Only the last two have "radar on the top". Check on the internet if you're dad can't help.

Royal Air Force Website

Royal Navy Website

Any chance on seeing the US presidential helicopter?

I know its a S61 build by Sikorsky, and isnt exactly the same, but

then again im not sure how similiar they are or arent...

Probally the internals are different? The exterior are allmost the same...

Perhaps the skin on the most fitting model? If time allows... huh.gif

edit

Oh and in my very unclear post on the last page, with tweaked for SAR.

I ment something I heard or read somewhere, not sure if its bollocks though...

That the seaking has some sort of "auto hover" system we have in arma. Not that it will hover itself without input,

but you can move the aircraft sideways for instance with the coolie hat on the joystick.

Sideways like 1 meter and little adjustments...

Again and Ive tried to find where I read or heard that but cannot find anything so its probally tv bollocks level 1... biggrin_o.gif

And yeah, the normal input we have in arma with autohover will be good enough.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any chance on seeing the US presidential helicopter? ...

No.

I'm not going to make any other versions than those listed for the moment.

That the seaking has some sort of "auto hover" system we have in arma. Not that it will hover itself without input,

but you can move the aircraft sideways for instance with the coolie hat on the joystick.

Again and Ive tried to find where I read or heard that but cannot find anything so its probally tv bollocks level 1...  biggrin_o.gif

Don't worry, it's not TV bollocks!

I used to live near RAF Leconfield and visited No. 202 SAR. When they showed us around the helicopter, there is a stick in the winch door way so that the winch operator can make minor adjustments to the hover......

Hope that clears it up for you.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Again and Ive tried to find where I read or heard that but cannot find anything so its probally tv bollocks level 1...  biggrin_o.gif

I used to live near RAF Leconfield and visited No. 202 SAR. When they showed us around the helicopter, there is a stick in the winch door way so that the winch operator can make minor adjustments to the hover......

Ok that makes a bit more sense.

I hadn't planned for that to be honest but I'm not really too keen on adding it in for just one version right now. We have other more pressing priorities I'm afraid.

Actually if you ask your Dad you'll find out they are correct. There are only 5 types of Seaking still operated by the UK:

- HC4 Transport/Medium Lift.

- HAS6CR Transport/Medium Lift.

- ASaC.7 Airbourne Surveilance and Control (AWACS)

- HAR3/3a operated by the RAF for non combat SAR roles.

- HU.5 operated by the RN, aslo for non combat SAR roles. (which we most likely wont bother making)

Only the last two have "radar on the top". Check on the internet if you're dad can't help.

Royal Air Force Website

Royal Navy Website

Well im not sure what variant that the radar he was working on was, but all It must be for the Royal navy because it is for detecting ships. Its the one that looks like a block of edam cheese, we have a civilian one somewhere packed up in the attic. This is the best picture i could find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....04.jpeg

Guest RKSL-Rock

Well im not sure what variant that the radar he was working on was, but all It must be for the Royal navy because it is for detecting ships. Its the one that looks like a block of edam cheese, we have a civilian one somewhere packed up in the attic. This is the best picture i could find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....04.jpeg

Thats a HAS.6 ASW all of which are now retired and replaced with Merlin HM1s.  5 HAS6 airframes were subsequently converted to HAS.6CR (Commando Requirement) standard.  They had all the all the radar kit removed and were 'reverted' to the baseline HC4 avionics fit.  So no radars.

Ok that makes a bit more sense.

I hadn't planned for that to be honest but I'm not really too keen on adding it in for just one version right now.  We have other more pressing priorities I'm afraid.

It was on Discovery where they showed how steady a seaking is able to hover by letting the winchman fill a glass with champagne that is held on the ground. smile_o.gif Can't find the fragment but I will look for it.

Yeah, ive also seen something in that belgium series... Forgot the name, it was about the belgian SAR squadron which uses 5 seakings. Also seen it in there, but the winchman didnt control the bird he gave directions to the pilot.

i.e. doors open, winch has control (but he still gave directions to the pilot), winch is out, winching down, 1 left, 1 forward, winch at 10 meter, 2 forward, 1 right, winch at 3,2,1, winch down, swimmer in the basket, winching up, etc etc etc

But it is cool, got a clear answer, it was just something that came

to mind with SAR Seakings...

But how different is the Sikorsky S61 the "american" seaking, to the ones you guys are making? Are there many differences, ive

been searching before I asked about marine 1, but couldnt find

good answer... I think its the same but different building licenses...? huh.gif