Sign in to follow this  
Alloy007p

Arma MechWarrior Project (AR-MW)

Well i am far enoguh into the project now that at this point giveing up really isn't an option, I have been working nearly 6 hours every day (at least) and though I might aswell start showing the community my project I am working on.

Back in the good old days when Mechwarrior 2 31st century combat came out I instantly fell in love with the game, I loved absolutly everything about it- and then came the day when XP came out And I could no longer play MW 2(It changed something in the OS not allowing me to run certain things).

I have been working for two weeks now no stop learnig C++, scripting, how to write configs, modeling, map makeing, and gathering various resorces and tutorials that may be of use.

Plans For AR-MW

This is stuff that will be part of AR-MW, this is do or die for me and I WILL find a way somehow to get this stuff in there.

Priority Features: (for mechs)

-shutdown system

-Ejection system(T3h Ub3r advanced kind)

-Internal Ammo explosion

-faliure of variou components of mechs

-Overheating of weapons

-advanced AI capable of useing mechs

-advanced dammage system

-Self Detonation

-More that I have writtn down(somewhere)

Stuff thats not at the top of to do list

Other features:

-Maps to go with (AR-MW)

-buildings

-Other units like laser tanks (thats right lasers)

-And much more

Currently I a working on the project myself which is turing out to be hell. So at one point or another I most likely will end up enlisting people for help, but for now its just me.

Just a few shots of the models I am working on right now

Just a few blender rendered screen shots

Sorry about the WAY ugliy textures on this one

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z149/Alloy007P/REDINERY.jpg

Mad dog I started work on yesterday

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z149/Alloy007P/render2.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z149/Alloy007P/FirstRender.jpg

Nova needs some work

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z149/Alloy007P/renderfull1.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z149/Alloy007P/renderfull2.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z149/Alloy007P/renderfull3.jpg

Well...the plan is finish madog and then try to get it ingame and have it walking around by the end of the week.

I am open to all suggestion comments questions ect.

Alloy007p very cool mate ! thumbs-up.gif

What about Metal Gear Ray or Metal Gear Rex :P

outerhavensk3.jpg

Metalgearrex.jpg

Or 2006040200392262.jpg

Shagohod tounge2.gif

I'm guessing that since he said Mechwarrior, he means Battletech. Y'know, Timberwolf, Raven, Catapult, Shadowcat, Bushwhacker and the like.

Good work man, was considering the possibility of a MW mod in ArmA a while back (Before moving onto day dreaming about a CnC mod)

Good luck, can't wait to go head to head with SLA armor in a Mad Cat or a Marauder.

there was one for ofp but i dunno what happened to it, if its still around. They planned on having mechs maybe.

Nice models for a startup mod! smile_o.gif Keep up the good work!

looks interesting, although i have completely no info or stuff relative to mech warriors.. I have never lost too much interest from reality.

well keep up, looks promising wink_o.gif

Most of the Mech Projects did not release anything.. most of them hat problems with the engine limitations and animations...

please try to do one single mech and look how far you get and then decide how or if to continue o_O

i am no coder.. i cannot do anything useful.. i am just a battletech fan and i saw to many mods die -.-

I agree... don't go nuts on making the ultimate model before you know if you can get the thing to walk. I know there was at least one successful mech made in OFP with walking animations, but I can't remember what mod it was part of.

Suffice to say, you're going to need to be one hell of a skilled script/code writer to get that thing walking or you will need to find someone who is and who is willing to work on this project.

With that said, I also have always loved the Mech Warrior genre of sci-fi and would be thrilled if you get these beasts working. So make priority the animations of the mechs first. The rest after that will be easy and you'll find no lack of people willing to help you once you pass that big hurdle.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi, why don't you begin by common mechs instead the klan's mechs?,

an Archer, a Warhammer, a Locust, a Marauder... and mechs like

those. Let's C ya

hehe, i'm also a big fan of IS 3025 mechs. Archers! Macross just had the more creative artists...

but i have to agree with Vulture, just get any tank like thing to WALK. If you get that running you'll find modelers, textureres, and free models of everything en masse!

Modelling an texturing mechs is much easier than conventional arma stuff as there is no need to care for the accuracy and correctness of the model.

Does anyone have contact to the lad who's building the macross valkyrie? I think he anounced that it's walking now. Or was it only transforming?

Not to rain on your parade, but here's what you're going to have to do to make it work:

- Extensive animation system. I don't know if RTMs work with vehicles now or not, but I'd guess no. You can make the standard animations from cfgmodels to work, but it will take extensive scripting as a result.

- We can't have single crew vehicles with turret control anymore. You will need some sort of fake AI for driving or gunnery.

- Weapon firing points is going to be limited to 3 points at the most.

'Nother BattleTech fan signing in, Catapult please. biggrin_o.gif

But yeah, best of luck getting it to walk.

You can do animations for the infantry, cant you just do a giant infantry? :X

Numerious problems here, the most notable being that said giant infantry will be able to board normal sized vehicles.

- We can't have single crew vehicles with turret control anymore. You will need some sort of fake AI for driving or gunnery.

I was just wondering about that. I don't know anything about AI behavior scripting(yet) but I was thinking I would create a new unit with no model and make it invincible(until the mech is destroyed). This unit could have a computer style voice and could say stuff like "Internal ammo explosion imminent". But the task at hand is to get the damn thing walking.

Although I have slowed down with project.

1.  because it's summer and in Canada summer dosen't last long before it turns back into a FREEZEING hell (-40) banghead.gif , so you gota enjoy it while it lasts.

2. It's been 35+ in the house and thats just to damn hot to even think, and I can't imagine haveing a computer on all day in this heat can do any good for it.

I will try hard to get this done as fast as I can (the walking part) and will post a video as soon as it walks.

goodnight.gif

I agree... don't go nuts on making the ultimate model before you know if you can get the thing to walk. I know there was at least one successful mech made in OFP with walking animations, but I can't remember what mod it was part of.

Suffice to say, you're going to need to be one hell of a skilled script/code writer to get that thing walking or you will need to find someone who is and who is willing to work on this project.

With that said, I also have always loved the Mech Warrior genre of sci-fi and would be thrilled if you get these beasts working. So make priority the animations of the mechs first. The rest after that will be easy and you'll find no lack of people willing to help you once you pass that big hurdle.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I cant remember either, but I remember using it smile_o.gif

Unless its a dif one from the one I tried - but amongst a number of them I had tried, it was the best - as I recall it came by itself, a single release

Was an impressive job, of course it slid forward slowly with the walk animation, but really it was done well, and you couldnt tell without looking close that it was actually - sliding - forward - had the crashing noise for each step, and, heh, an awsome arsenal, I think the arms pivoted too, so you could train up/down.

It was really awsome with FFUR's explosions and smoke/burning, I recall spending a few few hours just playing with it, going from town to town, lol, it was awesome, just a few minutes and Id be walking away from a gigantic burning heap of rubble that was a town.

There was another mod that offered up a number of 'odd' mechs, a few spider types and some hover crafts, but I think that one mech that was released by itself was right on the money, done perfect -

Gl with the project, heck, maybe you can get a hold of an ofp mech that looks alot like one you are making, and contact the author as see if you can use/modify the scripts for your model?