Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Cannot see "Name" of unit in buy menu.

Update: Question(s) answered. Thanks all!

Original Post:

In the buy menu for a unit that I added into Warfare, I see the price and the price range at the numbers I set them too, however there is no unit name next to it. Sorta how like you can see:

$2000-2075 MH6

$2400-2123 UH60 (For example)

$3141-1512 UH60 FFAR(For example)

$21512-122075 AH6 (For example)

$24422-52352 Cobra (For example)

$5000-5075

You notice the last aircraft in this example has no name, just a price. I tried searching for things like "UH60 FFAR" in some of the config scripts/mission script and could not find it.

And whats the whole deal in the "Config_AircraftFactory" under the vehicles area are there are things called, for example "STR_DN_MI17" What does the "STR_DN" stand for? I just assumed it was the objects name, for Example "STR_DN_Mi24". Is the naming on that important? I'm not sure its significance.

"STR_DN_MI17" is a string defined in stringtable.csv.

Take a look at localize in Biki to find out more about it.

"STR_DN_Mi24" won't work until it is defined in some stringtable.csv.

Ah! Ok I created this stringtable in the mission and it worked perfectly. tounge2.gif

Ah! Ok I created this stringtable in the mission and it worked perfectly.  tounge2.gif

TO name it what you want in the script to add the name in the quotes "Jerry Can" and delete the localize bit just before it for it to work. No need to go editing an stringtable.

Hey Matt would you mind elaborating that a little more for me? I'd love not to use stringtables for these units. smile_o.gif

Are you saying take something like this for example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_u = _u + ["RHS_Mi24P_Cas"]

_d = _d + [Localize "RHS_Mi24P_Cas"]

_c = _c + [12000]

_m = _m + [12000 + (eastBarracksCosts Select EPILOTTYPE)]

_t = _t + [45]

_p = _p + [40]

_o = _o + [true]

_i = _i + ["\RHS_hind\icons\mi24_ca.paa"]

And make it like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_u = _u + ["RHS_Mi24P_Cas"]

_c = _c + [12000]

_m = _m + [12000 + (eastBarracksCosts Select EPILOTTYPE)]

_t = _t + [45]

_p = _p + [40]

_o = _o + [true]

_i = _i + ["\RHS_hind\icons\mi24_ca.paa"]

Where then do I put the unit name? Because the "_u" is the class name. Thanks a bunch!

Okay do it like below..

The first line is the class name (you prob now that allready)

The second line just delete the Localize command and inbetween the " " you can put whatever you want..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_u = _u + ["RHS_Mi24D_Irq"]

_d = _d + ["Mi24D Iraq"]

_c = _c + [15000]

_m = _m + [15000 + (eastBarracksCosts Select EPILOTTYPE)]

_t = _t + [55]

_p = _p + [50]

_o = _o + [true]

_i = _i + ["\ca\air\data\ico\ka50_CA.paa"]

The _d = _d is the name of the unit showed in the buy interface..

Aha! That was so easy, that made my life a lot easier now. Thanks so much Winchester smile_o.gif