Sign in to follow this  
fromz

FFAMM1.5

How is this compatible with DMarkwick smoke addon and maybe SLX 1.01?

Great stuff, and much thanks to Sickboy for sharing the tracers and effects from six sense pack(?)

Aw crap, the choice of soundmod is getting difficult now. I've used HiFi and love it but these sound great as well...

One nag though, is it possible to create maybe like 5 different explosion sounds for when you blow up a vehicle? It's kind of annoying and not very immersive that every time a vehicle explodes you hear the exact same sound.

I also think the sniper rifle shouldn't be firing tracer bullets, even if it can.

Do I need the sixth hpp files in the dta drirectory for the tracers to work?

Do  I need the sixth hpp files in the dta drirectory for the tracers to work?

No. Fromz disintegrated the hpp from use.

- dRb

Well done with your sounds, when im in or in close proximity to the Cobra im hearing a looping Arty sound or something simular crazy_o.gif

OK

With WAREFARE mission I see co-players tracers. He can see mine. But I can't see my own tracers. There must be an issue with the addon.

WAREFARE TEST

Sith tracers work in MP WARFARE with hpp files

FROMZ tracers don't work in MP WARFARE

EDITOR TEST

FROMZ tracers work

As per previous reply I'm not meant to need hpp files.

Quote[/b] ]As for the m24 yes it does fire 7.62 nato however Ive never heard of a sniper ever using a tracer rnd.
Quote[/b] ]I was just wondering why the shot sounds so different from the M16A4, both rifles use the same ammo. But Ok. This small thing is not a big deal.
Quote[/b] ]I also think the sniper rifle shouldn't be firing tracer bullets, even if it can.

I will remove the tracer ammo of M24 at veru soon update, Thank you smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh my god! I love your A-10 sound it is so realistic that it almost overloaded my brain!

And your KA-50, AH-6 and Uh-60(which sounds a lot like the COD4 sounds lol) sounds are wicked! Will you be updating the Mi-17 sounds because they are still default... same with the 5-ton and Ural trucks

Quote[/b] ]Assuming you are listening to requests, Fromz, could you also update the M119 sound and perhaps attach some interesting fly sounds to the shells they fire? Just a simple whistling effect would be spectacular.

I will think about that, Thanks

Quote[/b] ]How is this compatible with DMarkwick smoke addon and maybe SLX 1.01?

I'm not sure, but I think fromz_sounds will be compatible

Quote[/b] ]is it possible to create maybe like 5 different explosion sounds for when you blow up a vehicle?

possible, I will

Waitting for more and feedbacks and suggestion, I will update soon, Thank you all. thumbs-up.gif

Sound are very nice, A10 in particular. Now if we could just have the puffs of smoke when the cannon is fired would complete it, I don't know if it has been modded with a different version of the A10.

Thanks for your hard work fromz

Now if we could just have the puffs of smoke when the cannon is fired would complete it, I don't know if it has been modded with a different version of the A10.

Hey mate get ArmAEffects by MadMatt they add that unique giant white smoke when firing the GAU-8 tounge2.gif

when im in or in close proximity to the Cobra im hearing a looping Arty sound or something similar crazy_o.gif

Ive been investigating this and found that im not the only one who can also hear this Explosion/Grenade looping sound whilst flying 1st & 3rd person  help.gif

This is a seriously stunning sound mod.

The only thing preventing me using this over AACF is the weird clunking noise you get when moving as a soldier. I guess this is intended to simulate equipment clunking together as you run, but to me it sounds like doors being unlocked in Morrowind or Oblivion. A little disconcerting when you're running around in what otherwise sounds like a fierce firefight.  tounge2.gif

So yeah, just that for me and it would blow the pants off all the other sound mods.  smile_o.gif

Any way to add the configuration text file back to the tracers? I started them much sooner than the default settings, the tracers just appearing at full strength never looked right to me, so I started them at the barrel, but now I can't control them.

Daniel @ July 01 2008,18:13)]This is a seriously stunning sound mod.

The only thing preventing me using this over AACF is the weird clunking noise you get when moving as a soldier.

I second you there Daniel.

I am still using this sound mod because it is that good but can you get rid of the clunking noise when your running?

Everything else is absolutely brill.

The only thing about the gear shaking sound that I didn't like is an odd creaking sound when you move over certain terrain. Back in OFP, on Dave's Operation Code Blue soldiers (the very first demo) there was a good infantry gear sound that actually sound quite realistic as in real life your gear does make alot of noise when you're running around....but not as much with newer American gear that has less metal parts. I have no idea about Russian type gear.

At any rate, by far this is my favorite sound mod. The great diversity of sounds at different distances is stunning and definitely feels realistic as they echo more at a distance and sound nice and intense when your close to the gunfire. Also the tracers effects are outstanding. I haven't tested all the gatling guns yet but the A-10's "elephant fart" sound is pretty good. Gattling guns all have a unique sound quite different from regular cannons. Oh and finally... I LOVE THE M4 GUNSHOT SOUNDS!!!! Finally one that is absolutely spot on. When firing the M4, I got memory flashbacks to firing the M16A2 in the Army. The sound was just perfect. That alone made me want to keep this sound pack.

smile_o.gif

So overall, awesome job and I hope you keep developing it and getting feedback especially from former and current military members (not just from people who watch alot of You Tube).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I can feel the LGB hits through the floor, very cool. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, as Miles said, hearing your equipment rattling is really immersive. It's just that particular clicking noise that sounds out of place.

Pretty good, my complaints as usual with any sound mods are the helicopter sounds:

UH-60 and AH-1Z in FFAM don't sound like 4 bladed helicopters like they should. They sound like the old bell huey/cobra semi rigid rotor system.

Is it possible, to use your sound mod as a pure sound mod only?

Without the SIX stuff? Delete the .pbo's? Would this be okay or will i run into some problems with deleting them?

Pretty good, my complaints as usual with any sound mods are the helicopter sounds:

UH-60 and AH-1Z in FFAM don't sound like 4 bladed helicopters like they should. They sound like the old bell huey/cobra semi rigid rotor system.

I respectfully disagree.  If you have OFP, listen to the SEB Nam2 pack or my mod's AH-1S (Lost Brothers Mod) and you'll hear what a two bladed rotor sounds like.  Its a very distinctive sound.  

I also watched a UH-1 come in to pick up a buddy of mine in the Army at a EOD range in North Fort Hood, Texas. He had a heat stroke and to this day, I remember very clearly that sound as it was like an angel coming down to save my buddy.

The AH-1Z sound in this mod sounds nothing like.

The AH-1Z sound on this mod is I think PERFECT!!!  I hope the AH-1Z sound stays the same as I think it sounds amazing when the AH-1Z passes overhead.  

One thing that could be tweaked however is the 20mm vulcan gun sound on the AH-1Z.  I just checked it out and it sounds like a single barrel gun sound and not like a gattling.  On the receiving end however the HUGE bass heavy thumps of the 20mm HEDP shells smacking into the ground is just AWESOME!!!  Close air support from an AH-1Z never sounded so good!  smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I disagree too! The UH-60 sound exactly as it should same with the AH-1Z! The Ah-1 is a huey with weapons!

Bug report:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Cannot find a sound file fromz_sounds\s\mg_vrb.wss

Needs to be \h for vehicle weapons or you forgot a sound.

Very nice sound replacement. thumbs-up.gif

Is it possible, to use your sound mod as a pure sound mod only?

Without the SIX stuff? Delete the .pbo's? Would this be okay or will i run into some problems with deleting them?

I didn't find any problems running it purely as a sound mod amongst other enhancement mods.

One question: If half of my squads will play without FFAM 1.5 tonight, will missing SIX addons cause any problems? Are they client only?