Sign in to follow this  
whisper

Modded version - Ka-50 fix

I've done a lil change for Warfare "fixing" (or trying to fix tounge2.gif ) the Ka-50 Vikhr missile by giving it slightly more realistic chances to hit air targets.

The actual fix has been tested by myself on a dedicated, but not its implementation into Warfare mission, which has been done but not tested yet. I finished yesterday and ran it a bit, but I can't make good tests alone.

I've not had time to upload it, so you can find it running on my server (see sig), Warfare32v11-Whis.v0.1b

How it works :

- when shooting an aircraft, you must keep the aircraft inside +/-20° in front of you, otherwise you'll lose track and your missile won't hit (in fact, your missile should be destroyed)

- the further away you shoot, the less chance you have to hit (same as before, missile can be destroyed). You have 0% chance to hit when firing at 5km, it decrease in a linear fashion (ie, 50% chance to hit a static chopper @ 2.5km) in this version.

- your chance to hit is also affected by the speed of your target, and its aspect relative to you. A target going away from or directly toward you won't affect your chance to hit, but if going perpendicular to your direction, the target's speed will affect the chance to hit. This is done to simulate the lack of proper leading-calculation in a air-to-ground missile fired at an evasive aircraft.

All in all, BVR "blind" kills, on target you don't have any clue apart from a red dot far far away should not be possible (or you're very lucky smile_o.gif ) anymore.

Remember, I've not had time to actually test the way I implemented it specifically into Warfare, so in the current mission, it may well be badly coded and not work at all. If some could be kind enough to try test this ... smile_o.gif

I'll try to document the change a bit in the Wiki if it proves successfull enough.

this sounds VERY promising. been wanting a fix like this for the vikhr - acknowledging the faults of the ArmA vikhr while still recognizing it's capabilities.

a few questions:

will this be released as a standalone at any stage? and if so, will it be released in script form for mission makers? i assume it's most likely going to be AI-unfriendly, but i don't mind that.

I wanted top update the Warfare Wiki page so that the code is available to anyone wanting to use it. It's nothing special, tbh.

And yes, it is completely AI unfriendly as AI will have not clue about the limitations put in place and will fire at bad parameters

Is there anyway to sum up the % success of firing, and tie in this number to the quality of the ai pilot?

For eg. Invisible to the player, the %success of firing is anywhere from 0-100%, and this variable is referenced by the ai pilot. Depending on the quality set for the AI, they will fire only when the % is equal or above the pilot quality number. Say regular fires at 40%, veteran at 60%, and elite pilots at 75% +/- 20% per target engaged.

Currently the hit chance is calculated dynamically when the missile gets near its target, ie after launch, because it is dependant of target speed and attitude.

So you can't prevent the AI from firing based on hit percentage.

linkage please

Not uploaded yet, running on server in sig wink_o.gif