Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Do you smoke pot?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeaDEye1809 @ Mar. 03 2002,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Mar. 03 2002,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lolol  deadeye   u havent got a clue what ur talking about

quote  " weed is for people who have ruff childhoolds" =complete and utter bawwlocks mate.

my life has never been happier mate  i got a wife and three kids  regular income , i live comfortably and still enjoy a toke.

quote "  a stupid n*gger wannbe poser"

nah i dont think so most canabis smokers  dont pose about it  they sit in a room  quietly with some music on  relaxing.

Methinks you want to take your head out of your dan dare comics once in a while and experience reality.<span id='postcolor'>

this is how it is in vegas im 16 pretty much everyone who smokes weed here is a wannbe "g" or a real one i havent seen anyone that smokes weed that is a perfect child with a perfect life there is a reason why people smoke weed its to cover up somthing in your life im not saying you were born in the ghetto or nothing like that theres something that happened to you that you wanna cover and just feel good and forget about it... corect me if im wrong because i know im right most of you know i am cus i used to do it hell i used to do shrooms and xtc. weed is a gateway drug cus i started with weed now look at all that shit i did. get a hobby or something than smoking weed thats what i did. not tring to sound all like your parents lol but im saying theres better things out there than just getting high. see me i got 3 things i do it might be gay to you but i dont give a sh*t. i do my homework everyday then play ofp or something else for a while then the most important is i train for the seals i run work out blah blah just put your mind on something else trust me youll be happier when your not high<span id='postcolor'>

Well most people in Europe smoke weed because it relaxes the mind and body not to get away from reality for that we just drink our self’s to oblivion.

I don't do pot....i just don't see the appeal of it.

the only things i smoke are the occasional cigars (cubans if i can help it;))

I don't mind the occasional brew as well...and how and then go out and get loaded, but beyond that...

Actually Pot is worse than Cigarettes. It still has the risk of cancer.. and it does still damage your brain cells.

It also impairs on your reasoning and motor control.

As far as Acid goes.. geeze.. one trip of that and 40 years later you can start having flashbacks of hallunations. It can also lead to psycotic episodes.

Two rules to be remembered:

1. Too much of anything is bad for you. Too much alcohol will screw you up, too many cigs will do it, too much weed and you'll go down. Even if you eat too many carrots or apples, you'll get negative effects on your health.

2. Alcohol is a drug, tobacco is a drug, caffeine is a drug, apirin is a drug... Just because they are not illegal, does not make them good for you.

Why do people take drugs? Mostly because it makes them feel good (this is also the reason people crave sex). Yet, this good feeling comes with a price, which is the negative effects that particular drug has on you. The simple route drug=good feeling is what generates the psychological addiction. Why not take the drug again just now and feel good? That's what everyone that ever takes any drug will have to answer at some time or then just end up shooting the chemical all the time.

Some drugs even cause physical addiction. I'd stay away from those, because they connect feeling bad to not taking the drug in addition to the feeling good taking the drug. Even harder to keep it under control.

Weed is a gateway drug to some (probably young) people, because it is banned and called an 'evil drug'. So this simple youngster takes the evil drug cannabis and notes that it has not much more effect than booze. Reasoning emerges: "These evil drugs are really not that bad. Maybe I'll try some heroin..." If weed was not banned, maybe impressionable people would not classify it with the truly badass drugs in their minds.

So why not screw your life up with excessive consumption of drugs (note I'm talking about excessive use) since you get so much feel good? Everybody has to answer this themselves.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 04 2002,10:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Weed is a gateway drug to some (probably young) people, because it is banned and called an 'evil drug'. So this simple youngster takes the evil drug cannabis and notes that it has not much more effect than booze. Reasoning emerges: "These evil drugs are really not that bad. Maybe I'll try some heroin..." If weed was not banned, maybe impressionable people would not classify it with the truly badass drugs in their minds.<span id='postcolor'>

I wish more people would think like this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Mar. 03 2002,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><snip>...

quote  " weed is for people who have ruff childhoolds" =complete and utter bawwlocks mate.

my life has never been happier mate  i got a wife and three kids  regular income , i live comfortably and still enjoy a toke.

... </snip><span id='postcolor'>

You remember me on the man from 'American Beauty', so I have some advices:

1. Don't touch your daughters girlfriends!

2. Beware your neighbour!

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 04 2002,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even if you eat too many carrots or apples, you'll get negative effects on your health.<span id='postcolor'>

I always knew that vegies were evil biggrin.gif They are a gateway food to ....ummm .....other food? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (second_draw @ Mar. 04 2002,09:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I always knew that vegies were evil  biggrin.gif  They are a gateway food to ....ummm .....other food?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You really don't want me to describe the disgusting effects of beta carotene poisoning (=eat too many carrots)... It's not a nice sight and I'm not even kidding.

Actually it's not the beta carotene that is harmful. It's the A-vitamin in the carrots. An overdose of A-vitamin can cause Cirrhosis of the Liver, loss of bone mass & Osteoporosis, decrease in mental alertness, and abnormalities of the skin & hair and even Birth Defects.

Quoting a reference:

"Beta-carotene is the pigment that gives carrots, sweet potatoes, and other yellow vegetables their characteristic coloring. This conjugated polyene also serves as a precursor that can be enzymatically converted into vitamin A in most animals and man. Although vitamin A is not present in any plants, the carotene precursor can be found in carrots, pumpkins, spinach, squash, watermelon, asparagus, broccoli, and cantaloupe. Liver is also a very good source for beta-carotene. Vitamin A (retinol) is an essential component for vision and it promotes bone growth, tooth development, and helps maintain healthy skin, hair, and mucous membranes. Deficiencies of vitamin A result in a number of maladys including night blindness, dry skin, poor bone growth, weak tooth enamel, and weight loss."

So carrots don't have vitamin A. It's just that your body converts beta carotene to vitamin A, regardless of how much you need. So too much beta carotene = A vitamin poisoning. There.

I thought eating lots of carrots gave you good eyesight, not...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...Cirrhosis of the Liver, loss of bone mass & Osteoporosis, decrease in mental alertness, and abnormalities of the skin & hair and even Birth Defects.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, i can cross out birth defects - i doubt will be reborn in the near future

Mental alertness - i've already lost that

abnormalities of skin & hair - i've already lost that  sad.gif ....   biggrin.gif

Cirrhosis - in contest with alcohol

loss of bone mass & Osteoporosis - well...sometimes i can be pretty spineless  biggrin.gif

I don't Know where people have got the impression that pot is less damaging than tobaco, most tobaco is inhaled through a filter (this does no reduce the harm very much) but I have never seen a pot smoker using any form of filtration. A bong only cools the smoke. The other thing that I have noticed with long term pot smokers (guys in their 30's) is that they are slow, slow to think, slow to answer, they seem to have been dumbed down. they may all have been dumb to start with but I think not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 04 2002,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quoting a reference:

"Beta-carotene is the pigment that gives carrots, sweet potatoes, and other yellow vegetables their characteristic coloring. This conjugated polyene also serves as a precursor that can be enzymatically converted into vitamin A in most animals and man. Although vitamin A is not present in any plants, the carotene precursor can be found in carrots, pumpkins, spinach, squash, watermelon, asparagus, broccoli, and cantaloupe. Liver is also a very good source for beta-carotene. Vitamin A (retinol) is an essential component for vision and it promotes bone growth, tooth development, and helps maintain healthy skin, hair, and mucous membranes. Deficiencies of vitamin A result in a number of maladys including night blindness, dry skin, poor bone growth, weak tooth enamel, and weight loss."

So carrots don't have vitamin A. It's just that your body converts beta carotene to vitamin A, regardless of how much you need. So too much beta carotene = A vitamin poisoning. There.<span id='postcolor'>

I knew I forgot something. smile.gif

I didn't check the site b4 i posted the address.. whoops. I just typed in evil carrot into my address bar and saw the main page expectioning some stupid page about the conspiracy of carrots... me expects to much biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 04 2002,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 04 2002,10wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Weed is a gateway drug to some (probably young) people, because it is banned and called an 'evil drug'. So this simple youngster takes the evil drug cannabis and notes that it has not much more effect than booze. Reasoning emerges: "These evil drugs are really not that bad. Maybe I'll try some heroin..." If weed was not banned, maybe impressionable people would not classify it with the truly badass drugs in their minds.<span id='postcolor'>

I wish more people would think like this.<span id='postcolor'>

That is the biggest load of shit I have ever heard.

Kids do drugs because they think its cool.. because their friends do it, or because they want to escape from what they perceive to be shitty lives.

The only way to truly stop people using drugs is to have harsher penalties for using, dealing, supplying or funding drugs.

Ie. Death. On the spot execution upon conviction, no appeals.

I just don't get why people do drugs. I tested pot, didn't do much for me. My friends had varying results. Some just mellowed out. One guy usually got pretty fucked up and paranoid (well, we were in his house smoking most of the time. He saw parents and cops behind every piece of furniture and every bush outside. Real paranoid after smoking).

As for the heavier drugs, why would you want to lose control? I have seen to many people do fucked up stuff while drunk or high to respect those that do it. Losing control is not good if you are an unstable person. And it is not an excuse to do fucked up things.

I have nothing against people that can handle it but those that know they can't should stay clear. And those that know friends that can't handle it shouldnt supply them. They are not only doing their friend a disfavor, but possibly also anyone who happens to get in that friends way.

Plus you waste your money on all those drugs,which you really don't need.POT is still bad for you,you can say it's propaganda ,but i would probably believe the people who is saying the soo called propaganda other than some pothead.

"Plus you waste your money on all those drugs,which you really don't need.POT is still bad for you,you can say it's propaganda ,but i would probably believe the people who is saying the soo called propaganda other than some pothead."

I wouldn't call having a good time a waste. I mean, alcohol is a drug (poison really, but it works for this example) but I have had plenty of pleasant times with it. I dont regret spending money on those happy occasions.

And almost everything is bad for you anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frizbee @ Mar. 04 2002,11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is the biggest load of shit I have ever heard.

Kids do drugs because they think its cool.. because their friends do it, or because they want to escape from what they perceive to be shitty lives.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you failed to read the post. I wasn't trying to make up reasons for why kids use drugs. I just pointed out that if you call cannabis a bad fucking evil drug, even when it is not any worse than alcohol, somebody might draw the conclusion that any drug the society calls bad fucking evil is not any worse than alcohol. Kids are dumb sometimes like that. And in reality heroin, LSD, coke, speed, extacy etc. are much fucking worse than alchohol or weed. They are bad, because they feel so damn good (much better than booze or weed or cigs) making you want them so much more and fuck you up in the same time.

Like extacy for example, it's unbelievable how cool it is to down that stuff. No wonder people consume it so much. But for any intelligent being, instant gratification as simple as taking a pill is a grave danger, since it robs you of all your motivation to do anything.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only way to truly stop people using drugs is to have harsher penalties for using, dealing, supplying or funding drugs.

Ie. Death. On the spot execution upon conviction, no appeals.<span id='postcolor'>

What are you? You can never stop the crave for drugs. If you pressure people with too harsh laws, they'll cause so much unrest your precious society goes to hell. Maybe you should return to real world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Mar. 04 2002,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Plus you waste your money on all those drugs,which you really don't need.POT is still bad for you,you can say it's propaganda ,but i would probably believe the people who is saying the soo called propaganda other than some pothead.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, nobody was saying pot is not dangerous. But so is booze, yet it is legal. What's the point of having two drugs of equal effect and danger of which one is legal and the other is not? Ban booze or legalize pot. All the same to me, although it would be funny to see them try to ban booze. biggrin.gif

There's one thing though about weed and alcohol.In america you get caught with weed in your system,you will probably lose your job,or go to a clinic,maybe in europe they don't care,but i wouldn't want a pothead working with me,that may get me killed if he messes up.Also i don't drink alcohol.If i ever get stress i might.But im not a stress type of person,because if something don't work out for me,i just say fuck it and keep moving along.