Sign in to follow this  
scars

F-22A Raptor

some more things, too.

-are you using the light of AV-8B? because the positions of the lights are higher than the wing of the bird

-and i can even try to "crash" into the tail of the plane with another plane... about where the engine takes place

-and the flares mod doesn't work at F-22? I ordered an AI to shoot at me and what i can see is the AIM-120 coming right into me@@

edit:

-i can see the landing gears when i look at the plane at further distance in command mode (the num pad"." button),

even it is actually inside the aircraft.

anyway... it's a great fighter! ^^

navychris

Hi, i've shotdown more than one SU-34 Berkut with the AIM-120's

and they did fired the flares v1.21 that Franze and William1 made.

But i think that addon planes will not fire those flares unless that

they're classname be added to the flares script manualy, so i think

that's a problem of the flares v1.21 and not from the F-22A. Let's C ya

Landing gear isn't animated in the 2nd LOD so planes at an intermediate distance appear to have their landing gear down in flight.

It's an easy fix; you just have to rename the various gear and door selections in this LOD to be the same as they are in the 1st LOD.

scars THANK you very much for this damn great plane, normally i hate flying in ArmA but with this babe it makes fun smile_o.gif

Keep it up the good work smile_o.gif

@Miles Teg and Inkompetent

You can in some sense say that the M61A2 have a variable rate of fire, this is due to the fact that the barrels need to spin-up to a certain RPM before it start firing (needless to say, this also applies to earlier models).

"The M61A1 only fires 18 rounds in the first 0.5 seconds, and 68 rounds in the first full second of firing. In the first second."

more on http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/modern_fighter_gun_effectiveness.htm

On the other hand, it's not selectable like some older versions that have a Hi / Lo setting (6000 or 4000 Rounds / minute), at least not in the F/A-18E / F of the F-22 AFIK.

As for a 20mm round being weak... modern fighters, let's say late 50's (hardly modern but...) and onwards, are so "stuffed" (probably not the best term to use) with components, that even a single 20mm round could seriously wreak havoc, whereas a vintage fighter, say Spitfire or Mustang or whatever from the WWII era easily could cope taking some 20mm rounds due to the fuselage primarily being hollow.

And, just for the record: Any grammar, general typing, factual and so on errors are directly related to the fact that I'm dead tired.

You can in some sense say that the M61A2 have a variable rate of fire, this is due to the fact that the barrels need to spin-up to a certain RPM before it start firing (needless to say, this also applies to earlier models).

Wrong WRONG WRONG and WRONG.

The barrels do NOT spin up BEFORE firing. The Gatling system will fire as soon as the barrels rotate far enough to activate the first cam (which on a 6 barreled system is about 60 degrees)

The reason the rate of fire is slower to start with, is that the motor can not achieve maximum rpm instantly. Thus you will find the rate of fire is more like an exponential curve from trigger press (and first shot fired) to full rof being achieved.

why do you guy's wanne counter a AIM-120 with flares..

A AIM-120 uses radar to acquire his target its not a heat seaking missile...

You shood ask the guy who made the flare script to make a CHAFF script aswell smile_o.gif

why do you guy's wanne counter a AIM-120 with flares..

A AIM-120 uses radar to acquire his target its not a heat seaking missile...

This might be offtopic but I wonder how effective chaff exactly is. In case when you have to illuminatethe jet with radar can you make the ray narrow enough to not illuminate the dropped chaff?

And cannot you tell a difference between reflection of plane silhuette from chaff cloud just like modern IR seeking missiles can recognise a flare?

As for a 20mm round being weak... modern fighters, let's say late 50's (hardly modern but...) and onwards, are so "stuffed" (probably not the best term to use) with components, that even a single 20mm round could seriously wreak havoc, whereas a vintage fighter, say Spitfire or Mustang or whatever from the WWII era easily could cope taking some 20mm rounds due to the fuselage primarily being hollow.

Yes, with all electronics in a plane you probably shoot something up to ruin its combat effectiveness in some way. To shoot it down is a completely other story.

20mm ammunition today is a bit what .50 was in Korea and Vietnam. It works well if you get a shitload of hits, but won't do enough damage with just a few, where larger caliber weapons wreak more havoc with fewer hits (lower hit chance too, due to lower rate of fire, but compensated with the increased damage per shot)

Thanks for the info on the spool-up time, btw.

And for others, with the effectiveness of chaff against missiles. Chaff doesn't work that well against modern missiles, but can work against missiles with autonomous guidance/in their terminal phase.

To dispense chaff when the missile is at range is quite worthless, since even if the radar can get confused the chaff will disperse, the radar "burn through" and most likely find the aircraft again.

However at shorter ranges the brief moment of confusion for the missile can be enough for the plane to maneuver out of the missile's envelope and thus cause it to miss.

Using flares against IR missiles is no magic on its own, and chaff even less so, but when dispensed in larger amounts and combined with either fast low level flight, or evasive maneuvering it is likely to keep you alive.

Everything depends on radar strength and the complexity and speed of the targeting computer of the radar. Older missiles have a higher chance of being spoofed than newer ones.

hm a arming menue like in the F-18 would be awesome to put some bombs on this plane, is this possible?

Hi ! I used the command "removeallWeapons this" and it doesn't work. Any workaround possible ?

It's possible to add GBU to this plane, but then it has 2 AIM9, 6 AIM120 and 6 GBU biggrin_o.gif Pretty scary ! Is it able to spot laser designated targets ?

Malick

Hi ! I used the command "removeallWeapons this" and it doesn't work. Any workaround possible ?

It's possible to add GBU to this plane, but then it has 2 AIM9, 6 AIM120 and 6 GBU biggrin_o.gif Pretty scary ! Is it able to spot laser designated targets ?

Malick

I think that it can do if weapon are made proxy.

However, the bug occurred when proxy was increased to two.

The problem of the light was solved.

The Landing gear is corrected.

I want to make flare, eject seat, and bomb if there is time.

tounge2.gif

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=974

Something like this would be awesome too.. vapor effect when you turn hard \o/ and you turn hard often in that f22 biggrin_o.gif

x2 That would be a cool feature on an already extra cool plane.

(provided these scripts are multiplayer compatible and not heavy on the processor)

Hi, can you tell us something about your SU-30K Scars?, i've seen

some screenshots here and there and look ready for a release; we

will see it someday?. Let's C ya

Once this F22 is completed, we need a F35....

I think we need more east aircraft. West gets too much attention imo.

Once again great plane.

Just noticed something, after 10min of flying with no other addons my rpt file is loaded, (and I mean LOADED) with errors trying to generate st for various points. also it says its missing the driver get in direction point.

would've mentioned this before but the noob I am just finally found the rpt file..lol

Agreed, but we still need a F-35

I think that it isn't west getting too much attention but East not getting enough attention. F-35 is basically a more advanced harrier and isn't needed. Hope an update rises up for this F-22 biggrin_o.gif

Agreed, but we still need a F-35

But why more west aircrafts, if we not have more east plains crazy_o.gif we needs MIG-29!!! inlove.gifwhistle.gif

I like this F-22 notworthy.gif

But where you SU-30mk? biggrin_o.gif

This thread is going off-topic. F22 is a nice eye candy and very cool for cutscenes or airstrike scripts, but as much as I like it, like most jet fighter (including Su27, Mig 29, F15 etc...) it's not that usefull in terms of gameplay given the scale of Arma (size of maps), flight models and systems.

Basicaly, the best aircraft for arma should be relatively slow (so that you can see something and not be out of the map in 5 sec), simple (not too much electronics) and air-to-ground oriented rather than air-air.

So, basically a ground support plane, like SU25 or AC130 Gunship would possibly be more useful in a "mechanized infantry" game like Arma.

The rest is fun for toying with in the editor and for "dressing up" missions, but it will probably find a lot less use in "combat". I may be the only one, bu I almost never use BIS Sukhoi in missions, and barely the Harrier and A10 which represent for me the limit in terms of speed/system for playability in Arma.

Very cool plane and model nonetheless. Well done Scars.

Yeah.. but thats even more offtopic biggrin_o.gif

But i loved that propelled ground combat thingy for OFP that came out very early.. dont know its name anymore.. looked weird.. like a turbo-prop-black-widow.. dont know its name..

well.. ok

On topic: I like the F22.. and i like its ability to turn.. but it should gain speed much faster after these extreme turns. i dont like it to make a fast 90° turn and then stall for half an hour sad_o.gif its not like that on flight shows with the F22

When the raptor completes, the import may do Su-30.

I do not think that it makes it of F-35 because it goes out with ArmAII.