Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

EricM Hind Pack BETA1

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>EricM Mi-24 BETA1 Pack (SLA)</span>

Put in game by RKSL Studios.

ERICM_HIND_BETA1_REL.jpg

Released: 21-June-08

CREDITS:

Model and Textures – EricM

Config and animations – Rock (RKSL studios)

DISCLAIMER:

THIS IS A BETA RELEASE please treat it as such. Expect some bugs or issues.

The Software is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

The Software is not an official addon or tool. Use of the Software (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

CONDITIONS OF RELEASE:

By downloading this addon you accept ALL the following terms and conditions:

- EricM and RKSL grant to you a personal, non-exclusive license to use this addon.

- This addons is NOT FREEWARE and it does not contain any BIS copyrighted materials.

- You may NOT alter or reskin this release. (A template and paint kit will be released as part of the FULL release.)

- This addon, model, textures or config may not be commercially exploited in any way.  This includes “pay to download†or “burn to disk†services and or Military training purposes.

- This addon is designed for use only in BIS’ Armed Assault PC game. You may not port or convert any of its content for use in any other game or platform

- You may NOT use this in VBS2.

- You may freely distribute these addons only in its original package.

FEATURES:

- Carries 1 pilot, 1 Gunner and 6 passengers

- Animated “cargo†doors

- Animated sensor doors

- Working Landing gear including Dampers

- Working lights

- Working Instruments

- Texture Normal mapping

- Damage Textures

- NO SCRIPTS

VERSION HISTORY:

0.9B - | 21-06-08 ! - EricM Hind - Public Beta

0.8b - | 21-06-08 ! - EricM Hind - Private Beta

0.1a - | 21-06-08 !  - EricM Hind - Private ALPHA

CLASSNAMES:

ericm_hind_1  =  Mi-24D HIND-D

ericm_hind_fg_1 = MI-24P Hind-F

You can find the models in the editor as:

OPFOR > EricM/RKSL Air > Mi-24D HIND-D (BETA)

OPFOR > EricM/RKSL Air > Mi-24P HIND-F (BETA)

REPORTING BUGS:

We want to give you the best addon we can but we can only do that if you help us.  Please report any bug or issues you have here:

http://bugtracker.rkslstudios.info

NOTES:

1 – This addon is unsigned at this time future releases will be signed to ensure proper MP compatibility.

2 - This pack only contains a sample of two versions. The MI-24D and the MI-24P with fixed Twin 30mm cannon

3 – This version contains ONLY the SLA (Opfor) skins subsequent packs will contain several preset versions

4 – As per EricM’s wishes. The FULL release will include all the MLODS and source files to allow you to create your own versions

5 - The Archive is passworded to ensure you actually read the readme and agree to the Terms and Conditions.  The password is at the end of the readme

Mirrors:

Download 1: – RKSL Studios – RAR 31.4Mb

Download 2: – Armaholic – RAR 31.4Mb

Download 3: – ArmAbase – RAR 31.4Mb

Download 4: – Armed-Assault.de – RAR 31.4Mb

Download 5: – ePrison.de – RAR 31.4Mb

Just had a short flight over Sahrani and i have to say i like the flight model it has, very well done. thumbs-up.gif

Flight Model A+

FOV in cockpit A- ( A bit wierd, might be that im not used

to it)

AI Friendly A+

EDIT: Forgot, will the map/gps screen in cockpit be working??

That would be awsome aswell...Nightflight in BAAAAD

weather with only instruments to rely on...LOVELY

MP ??

If the stuff your working on for RKSL is similar...Maaaaan...

Its gonna be a sweeet war...

I hope you like it.

Thanks a lot to RKSL for the config work and flight model.

There are still some issues identified that we are working on, but I think it gives you a nice idea of what it will be like in the final release.

Bye,

Guest RKSL-Rock
FOV in cockpit A- ( A bit wierd, might be that im not used to it)

In what way?

EDIT: Forgot, will the map/gps screen in cockpit be working??

No plans to add that myself.  But if someone comes up with a new script system it could be added later.

MP ??

It was tested on both Windows and Linux servers.  There was no noticeable problems and no ArmA.rpt issues.

If the stuff your working on for RKSL is similar...Maaaaan...

Its gonna be a sweeet war...

With all the scripted systems etc its going to be fun.

Hi

First great work cool for a Beta!!

Will this Baby in fhe Final release too?huh.gif?huh.gif?

[mg]http://www.patricksaviation.com/uploads/photos/10458.jpg[/img]

Well actually no.  Not this pack.  The Super Hind series might come later.

Nice surprise this.

Took a break from work to have a fly around with this. As to be expected, the flight model was sublime, a real pleasure to both throw around around, and be agile and precise with. Good job as always there Rock.

Model and textures were very nice too, looked the part and fitted in well with Sahrani and the rest of the SLA stuff. Cockpit in particular was incredibly detailed and nicely mapped.  

Seeing as BETAs are all in the name of feedback, then the only things I could pick up one were:

* Specular, in my own opinion, is a little overdone. Probably just a question of taste, but it felt a bit too shiny?

* Hind P has a redundant rocket weapon (You can still select it when cycling through the weapons, but can't fire it as it has no ammo).

* Hind P The non guided rockets you can fire, are 'spawned' in the same place (or near enough) as the guided rockets, rather than from the tubes.

Haven't had no where near enough time to play with this, so shall return once I've given her a good seeing too  tounge2.gif

awesome news!!!

and on this happy day i have to work for 5 more hours... crap.

can't wait to fly this baby,

many thanks rock and eric!!

Guest RKSL-Rock
* Hind P has a redundant rocket weapon (You can still select it when cycling through the weapons, but can't fire it as it has no ammo).

Yeah I dropped a clanger in the config.

* Hind P The non guided rockets you can fire, are 'spawned' in the same place (or near enough) as the guided rockets, rather than from the tubes.

It’s an engine issue.  Check the KA50 it does the same.

Also what a Hind P? tounge2.gif

I take it you mean the Mi-24P HIND F

rofl.gif

Guys if you want to report bugs please use the

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>BUG Tracker</span>  

I know its a pain to register but it really does help us sort out the issues.

Thank you Eric and RKSL for the great work.Downloading asap. yay.gif

Yeah I dropped a clanger in the config.

It’s an engine issue.  Check the KA50 it does the same.

Also what a Hind P? tounge2.gif

I take it you mean the Mi-24P HIND F

rofl.gif

Guys if you want to report bugs please use the

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>BUG Tracker</span>  

I know its a pain to register but it really does help us sort out the issues.

Shall register and sort that out, didn't notice that on the Ka50's, but i suspect that because the weapon systems are closer its less noticable. Nowt you can do there.

and I was sure it was F at first, but you had (pre edit) written Hind P in your opening post tounge2.gif or perhaps I'm going mad. More than likely.

thanks again, its a most enjoyable toy smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Shall register and sort that out, didn't notice that on the Ka50's, but i suspect that because the weapon systems are closer its less noticable. Nowt you can do there.

and I was sure it was F at first, but you had (pre edit) written Hind P in your opening post  tounge2.gif or perhaps I'm going mad. More than likely.

thanks again, its a most enjoyable toy  smile_o.gif

Nope I've only edited the mirrors. Its you going mad.

Rock, would you consider making it possible to manually guide the AT-2 missiles like on other MCLOS/SACLOS systems in game (TOW), or would that not be sensible since the Hind's much quicker?

The FOV in the cockpit in freelook made me abit uneasy...

Cant really explain. But as i said, might be that im not used

to it...

TESTING:

Sound is dissapearing when fireing Rockets

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock, would you consider making it possible to manually guide the AT-2 missiles like on other MCLOS/SACLOS systems in game (TOW), or would that not be sensible since the Hind's much quicker?

I'd love to but i think (without resorting to some scripting) its impossible.  Maybe someone else will correct me, but i dont think missiles launched from aircraft can be manually guided!?

And I'm not entirely sure it would be AI friendly if it was....?

The FOV in the cockpit in freelook made me abit uneasy...

Cant really explain. But as i said, might be that im not used

to it...

TESTING:

Sound is dissapearing when fireing Rockets

I use TrackIR so I cant say ive ever had the same issues.

As for the sound. Dropit on the bug tracker and I'll take a look at some point.

dont know if it´s a bug but... AI doesnt seem to engage properly..

i had it in a quck mission with about 10 vehicles (unarmored) and some 40+ soldiers on the opposing side and well.. AI shot a couple of guided missiles and some random burts with the cannon (mi24D) but mostly just flew around waiting to be shot down..

i would have hoped AI was a bit more aggresive with it..

like.. throwing unguided rockets at the soldiers, and rapidly changing targets with its cannon after defeating the previous target..

but as i said, not sure it´s a bug..

Very Cool, nice work........

Rock, can't wait to try your British addons after this........

The disapearing sounds and cockpit quietness was implemented by BIS so its easier to use VON inside the vehicles without having to shout, i would rather* scream like a fool and hear my vehicle and its weapons properly.. not a RKSL bug but one of those BIS ideas that suck.

The auto cargo doors and landing gear is something i would rather control with the action menu since i like having control over these things, somehow i like the extra interaction but this is just an opinion.

The main rotor.. i dont know if there are any plans to animate the blades (make them bend) but would be a nice little touch if its not too much work, otherwise its fine.

Overall i really love it, its of a very high quality for a beta, looks beautyfull, feels heavy, works perfectly.

Congratulations and many thanks to RKSL and EricM, the hind is far more usefull than the BIS SU-34 or even the A10, love to fly it in 1st person view, no problems there (fantastic interior) thumbs-up.gif .

*typo

Guest RKSL-Rock
dont know if it´s a bug but... AI doesnt seem to engage properly..

…

but as i said, not sure it´s a bug..

I’ll see what I can do about that…. It partly poor weapons config and party crappy hardcoded AI behaviour.

The disapearing sounds and cockpit quietness was implemented by BIS so its easier to use VON inside the vehicles without having to shout, i would later scream like a fool and hear my vehicle and its weapons properly.. not a RKSL bug but one of those BIS ideas that suck.

Someone else commented on that not 10 mins ago.  But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was sound file related.

The auto cargo doors and landing gear is something i would rather control with the action menu since i like having control over these things, somehow i like the extra interaction but this is just an opinion.

I know a few people wanted this but honestly I see it as an acceptable compromise so the AI can use it easily.

The main rotor.. i dont know if there are any plans to animate the blades (make them bend) but would be a nice little touch if its not too much work, otherwise its fine.

I don't have to plans to add the RKSL Dynamic Rotor System (DRS) to it any time soon, maybe in a later release.  It would require significant reworks to the rotor head and blades.  I just don’t have the time right now.

Overall i really love it, its of a very high quality for a beta, looks beautyfull, feels heavy, works perfectly.

Congratulations and many thanks to RKSL and EricM, the hind is far more usefull than the BIS SU-34 or even the A10, love to fly it in 1st person view, no problems there (fantastic interior) thumbs-up.gif .

I’m sure Eric won’t mind me speaking for him on this; we’re both very glad you all like it.  We’ve both put a lot of effort into it and we appreciate everyone’s positive comments.

Thanks.

Nice helo, got a nice feel to it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- You may NOT use this in VBS2.

Not that i have VBS2.. exactly how are you gonna make sure that its not used in VBS2