Sign in to follow this  
Fresh-

Trick/Cheat to accumulate $$$

To start, many thanks to Mike Melvin and BIS for this brilliant addon!! It's great stuff.

There's might be a problem however. Yesterday I played 1 vs. 1 on the internet. Both of us were Commanding. My opponent's first chopper came unreasonably fast, considering by then I controlled most of the towns and then he kept coming to my base in cobras, even as I was struggling to buy a KA50. I thought something was amiss. I could not understand where his income was coming from considering he controlled only 3 towns.

Then last night I joined a server and some dude was trying to show us a 'trick' which allowed him to obtain $$. Something about local use memory scanner which locks the amount to 1.000.000.000.00...I ended up leaving. I didn't stick around to 'learn' his trick, perhaps I should have.

It's unfortunate that some people can't play by the rules and are always looking to cheat. There's no point in playing the game if it's un-balanced due to a 'trick' which allows for unlimited funds.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Cheers~

Sorry, I posted to the wrong place. Can you please move this to the Warfare thread. I can't seem to delete this.

Hi Fresh,

yes indeed i do, we had some Time ago aRound on Warfare Map and had taken two Towns. As we moved to take the 3. Town a Guy came up in a Cobra and startet to Fire at all our Troops. We where on OPFOR Side and i took a Strela and i Hit him with 3 Strelas and some of our Bots Hit him too, but he had not even a Scratch. Normaly a Cobra will be Ash, so i wrote down his ID and we banned him for cheating, because no one can Buy a Cobra after that short Time since Map start and the Cobra dont have a God Mode Switch.

well i dont think he could lock money like that, because the way the scripts are made it would be useless even it if was.. But there was a way to get easy fast and lots of $$$ but thats been fixed in my 1.5e version which you can find in the user missions section.

There is a bug, though, that causes your money to become a value called scalar (instead of vector? I don't know what this means). In any case, it's infinite money (not supply points) and allows you to buy any amount of arsenal out of any factories you have, and your money will not go down.

As far as I know, this only happens for commanders (because all I do is command), and I've only been playing on LAN.

I do not know the exact cause of this bug, but it may have to do with having your base too close to a town so that supply trucks just sit there and income is generated at an infinite rate.

Ok, I just got the bug I discovered above playing as a squad leader, so clearly, it's not limited to commanders. However, I have noticed that while I was buying planes, tanks, and automobiles, the AI seemed impoverished and bought only UAZs and BRDMs. Therefore, this probably only happens to human players - that or AI are better accountants than humans.

Also, the cause of the bug is not the base being too close to the city, as I just got this bug when my base was spawned in the fields between Mercalillo, Bagango, and Obregan, just south of the Bagango military base.

There is a bug, though, that causes your money to become a value called scalar (instead of vector? I don't know what this means). In any case, it's infinite money (not supply points) and allows you to buy any amount of arsenal out of any factories you have, and your money will not go down.

As far as I know, this only happens for commanders (because all I do is command), and I've only been playing on LAN.

I do not know the exact cause of this bug, but it may have to do with having your base too close to a town so that supply trucks just sit there and income is generated at an infinite rate.

That does not work, i have had error once and i made about 20 kamovs but soon only 2 built as my money went back to normal due to the code and it appeared only then 1 was in the cue instead of 20. But i had money for 2 and after the 2 had build i was skint.

And no its not a town bug, most likely a JIP bug. But it should be rendered useless anyways as the varibles in the missions etc should stop that from happening even though it looks like loads of units are cued. They dissapear.

Are you sure the Kamovs didn't just disappear from the cue because of the max team size? Because I cued up 10 or so T72s and only 3 were built. When I tried again, it said that the max team size was reached.

However, after that, I did purchase two empty Su-34Bs, both of which I flew successfully. I then purchased 7 D30 guns and they all worked properly. There was no way I could have had that much money naturally.

Also, seeing as I was the host of my game (on LAN), I don't think it's a JIP bug.

But you're right on the fact that this isn't too much of an issue, as you can only have so many people in your squad, regardless of what equipment you have.

I see. So these times when I was yelling at people to stop cheating while they said they weren't doing a damned thing. I was wondering why the hell that I just built a light factory, I already see a spam of UAZ MGs and BRDMs being mass produced by themselves and I thought something was wrong with my server.

Ok, I just got the bug I discovered above playing as a squad leader, so clearly, it's not limited to commanders. However, I have noticed that while I was buying planes, tanks, and automobiles, the AI seemed impoverished and bought only UAZs and BRDMs. Therefore, this probably only happens to human players - that or AI are better accountants than humans.

Also, the cause of the bug is not the base being too close to the city, as I just got this bug when my base was spawned in the fields between Mercalillo, Bagango, and Obregan, just south of the Bagango military base.

Yeah i have the same bug and i tested it alot of times.. It only happend when HQ respawd close to those towns and it only happend to me when Mercalilo,bagango or obregan was taken.. When i respawned with HQ on a different location the bug didn't occur even when i took towns, (didn't capture those particular towns).

Nobody JIP'd at all i was testing my warfare edit in the MP editor...

Woops, adding it to the public beta test instead of just releasing it into the wild might have helped. whistle.gif

Woops, adding it to the public beta test instead of just releasing it into the wild might have helped.   whistle.gif

If you have nothing remotely constructive to offer I'd strongly advise against posting, if you cannot resist your temptation to post spammy, useless, trollistic, snide remarks I have some little buttons I can press to help you with those urges.

Placebo, you may not like the post from a business and Public Relations standpoint but does it make it any less factually correct and a valid point?

BIS went through a year long public beta test and then included a new untested feature at the last minute and called the patch a final.

I love Arma even with all it's bugs but if you are going to give people warnings like you did for my last post then I don't want to be part of a community that is run with such an iron fist.  Do you have such little faith in your own product that you feel a need to silence people for speaking the truth?

Yes, yes, I am sure you will say I was being a troll by posting something unrelated in this thread. Would you have reacted any different if I had started a completely new thread to discuss the matter? You or one of the other moderators would have closed it within 5 minutes.

Best of luck with Arma2.

Do not know if this is related but in Matt Rs version I have actually experienced this (?) error a couple of times. When looking at my income etc I can see that it says "scalar" and 70/min for example. It is then possible to buy as much as I like even in the beginning of a game where I should have earned just 1000-2000 max... This is when I start the game myself in MP mode and not JIP.

ps. Public beta? It is not possible to find every single error in a map by testing it internally. I think Warfare was stable enough when it was released. Only concern I have is the stupid AIs (colliding with everything and not listening to orders) but that does not take away the fun of this great map!

>BIS went through a year long public beta test and then included a new untested feature

What exactly is this single new untested feature you refer to in many of your posts?

Previously you seemed to be blaming it for graphics corruptions, server crashes, lag/desync.

Now you are blaming it for unlimited money?

Quite the versatile bug, that is.

Exactly

Funny, Warfare, and its continuing modifications that have been released by the public, are the ONLY MP missions I play now, and there is ALWAYS a server running a good sized game when I try to find one, because they are as close as it gets right now to perfectly replicating MFcti -

I personally cant complain, even over the number of bugs ive witnessed, when a mission comes out that I play this often for a game, and enjoy this much.

I'd agree that Bis has gone to 'odd' measures to fix and increase their game quality by using the public to help with issues, but I certainly wouldnt complain about content and a game that I play often and wouldnt be here if it was not for Bis's continuing endeavor to push forward regardless of the walls.

Only thing I think that is left in Warfare is to put an upgrade in that allows commander to create proper defensive structures (tall walls with more hitpoints tounge2.gif), aside from that, I think its clsoe enough to MfCti for my happyness - and Im sure it was alot of work to pull off getting that mission out.

Hey, I think its kinda cool, and always imagined such -

Bis creating upgrades that includes missions, now thats an upgrade smile_o.gif Talk about furthering their game and increasing interest - considering we all know the sp campaign was rushed, I think its pretty neat now an upgrade comes out with an uber mission like warfare smile_o.gif

I'll take any more missions, and any (hope tounge2.gif) official expansions of warfare any day! smile_o.gif

I think the "scalar" issue may be due to variable overflow. All these new towns and their camps need new variables, and memory address space. Once that runs out, you get weird errors like this. The "scalar" issue also appears on my own personal (start-from-scratch) version of Warfare, except it happens to town supply values.