Sign in to follow this  
Malke

Warfare questions

I've been having a blast with warfare lately, but have some questions regarding the mechanics of the mission. Hope that someone might have some answers.

1.) Does RACS forces spawn continiously or is there a defined number of squads, APCs and T72s that just keeps dwindling till they're wiped out? If they spawn, where does that happen?

2.) Will the AI ever use helicopters or aircraft by themselves?

3.) Supply trucks an salvagers. They spawn around your HQ, is there a fixed number of trucks always, and when one is destroyed, another one will spawn after a while to take it place, or is that variable somehow? I'm talking about the "free" trucks, I know your're able to buy them as a group leader and drive them.

4.) Is there a group of soldiers spawning to protect your HQ? I mean troops outside the groups, spawning like the ones in the cities. And what if you move the HQ?

I've been having a blast with warfare lately, but have some questions regarding the mechanics of the mission. Hope that someone might have some answers.

1.) Does RACS forces spawn continiously or is there a defined number of squads, APCs and T72s that just keeps dwindling till they're wiped out? If they spawn, where does that happen?

2.) Will the AI ever use helicopters or aircraft by themselves?

3.) Supply trucks an salvagers. They spawn around your HQ, is there a fixed number of trucks always, and when one is destroyed, another one will spawn after a while to take it place, or is that variable somehow? I'm talking about the "free" trucks, I know your're able to buy them as a group leader and drive them.

4.) Is there a group of soldiers spawning to protect your HQ? I mean troops outside the groups, spawning like the ones in the cities. And what if you move the HQ?

Answers pertain to Warfare 1.0 and not the 1.5 edits by Matt Rochelle.

1) They do not spawn. The larger towns tend to have stuff like RACS T-72's. When you capture the Supply Depot and there are some remaining they all will head to the Depot to try and take it back.

2) In ArmA you can order your own AI to control helicopters. You would be giving them the direct orders what to do. I used this feature in Sahrani Life where I would have AI fly it back to Bagango after going to Pita, so that if I died and respawned in Bagango I could go back out and use it again.

In Warfare there is no option to tell AI to use helicopters in a patrolling, combat mode [like you can with telling them to use tanks or infantry roles to capture towns/defend base/move/patrol].

3) Fixed number of trucks... if you have a severely stuck truck that is not doing any work you can destroy it to force it to respawn and try again.

4) There is a group of soldiers that spawn. It does seem that deploying the HQ in a new location gets you a new batch of soldiers. I have however noticed there are always soldiers back at the START point of a map... and I am not sure if they are bugged out, preventing you from having more at your new location or whether they now no longer count even if I can see them there.

Anyone know more about this question?

Quote[/b] ]are there all Warfare strings, pictures, etc. in those addons 1.14 adds?

All the strings, pictures, etc. for Warfare are in the warfare.pbo that is part of the 1.14 patch.

My Question at this point to the Warfare it self is it possible to mixup the sides like Resistance and Bluefor to take towns and Opfor as defence team? Did I just need to edit the Scripts that define the Type of Unit which is used i.e. defence team or does the entire logic of the Capturing follow the rule Blue and Red are taking Yellow defending. Thanks for the answere in advance.

I think it's possible, you'd have to change the units in the Resistance script (see editing guide) I'm not sure about the rest though, i dunno if changing the unit resistance forces are spawn from to redfor or w.e will resultantly change the sides but it could i guess. Am kinda tired so I've probably not included anywhere near everything you'd need to change.

OK then... and to edit that .pbo file, I need to ask BIS if I can, right? thanks anyway

I'd like to translate Warfare into czech, am I allowed?

Agreed. I thought resistance in towns would be militia types, a ragtag mix of older, rusty, obsolete, civillian weapons.

AR-15's (9mm), SKS, FN-FAL, Sig 552's, AK-47U, MP5K, M-14, Shotguns. Tanks would be older, like the M-60, Centurions, T-54, T62. WWII jeeps, Landrovers, 100 round drum 12.7mm "technical" 4x4's. M72 LAW's, and the true stats of the RPG-7V (260 dmg). Almost no Stingers or Strellas, no Auto-GL's, no Javelins, but would have access to mortars as artillery.

Uniforms would be a mix of RACS, civillian Tshirts, ski-masked gunmen, police uniforms, so you have to ID your target amongst the presence of civillian population.

Does anyone know what would need to be edited to disable the inevitable automatic destruction (not due to fire) of unoccupied "purchased" vehicles?...if I buy a HMMWV(M2) at base, load it up with extra ammo, head off and then disembark to fight on foot, the last thing I want to see is a cloud of smoke or a scavenger when I get back to where I parked it.

OK then... and to edit that .pbo file, I need to ask BIS if I can, right? thanks anyway

As the license in the Editing Guide states, you are free to edit the content of Warfare for use within ArmA and/or its sequels. So translating Warfare or using its objects, scripts or markers in a custom ArmA mission/addon is allowed. Porting Warfare content over to CoD4 is not smile_o.gif

Does anyone know what would need to be edited to disable the inevitable automatic destruction (not due to fire) of unoccupied "purchased" vehicles?...if I buy a HMMWV(M2) at base, load it up with extra ammo, head off and then disembark to fight on foot, the last thing I want to see is a cloud of smoke or a scavenger when I get back to where I parked it.

yea that DOES get really annoying sometimes...and i cant figure out why sometimes it happens and other times it doesnt (even if i leave the vehicle for a long time sometimes its fine).

A feature Id love to see would be the ability (when playing as non-commander and AI is acting commander) to call in a request to have a repair truck and/or refueling truck driven out to my location (anywhere on map at anytime) without having to purchase and keep them as part of my team just hangin around which i find annoying.

Whenever im at a captured depot and try to click on repair vehicles i always get a message saying something like "no vehicles in range"...and playing with AI can mean waiting forever before there IS a vehicle in range, plus id like to be able to call for such support if outside the area of a captured depot.

Try sitting an ai in the vehicle, but not in the driver's seat. Usually option "6", you can order him/her to the backseat.

Ordering a repair or refuel truck to your loc; hmm...maybe a job for the commander or a player on a dedicated support/transport mission? (also listed on the wish list)

1.14 on the wish list; order ai thru a non-truck vehicle assumed to be equipped with a radio.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Warfare/1.1/Issues#Wishes

When you're at the captured supply depot, do you get the crossed hammer icon on the right? The support radius is very tight. You usually have to be next to one of the 4 walls of the large bunker to be able to access the repair/jeep menu. Hovering over the supply depot works too up to an altitude of 15m?