Sign in to follow this  
whisper

Warfare v1.0

Our server (=31stwc.com=), cranked the AI skill levels to 1.0 (Experts) and the view distance is increased to match.

How did you change the view distance? I can't seem to get it to budge!

Our server (=31stwc.com=), cranked the AI skill levels to 1.0 (Experts) and the view distance is increased to match. These guys don't mess around.

How did you do that? I'd love to make the AI on my server more challenging. smile_o.gif

Is it possible in ArmA to make buildings and HQ for one side IMMUNE to friendly damage?

We're starting to see the losers with no life enter servers now and doing nothing else but satcheling the HQ on their own side and blowing them up, then joining the other side and doing it there.

Others go right to satcheling the HQ and all buildings so the map ends right there.

Its slowly getting worse...

If this is impossible with the ArmA engine, then how about a method that broadcasts to everyone just who is doing damage to the base and HQ [so that the appropriate person can be banned by server op].

Well somehow the AI on my team seems to be evolving, Now every time I play they actually purchase and use 113s, hmmwvs, and tanks.

One thing I would definitely like changed however is the message that pops up in the middle of the screen to tell me towns are attacked or captured, has got me killed more times than I can count. always seems to happen right when I'm fighting a group of opfor and totally blocks my view.

edit: also I keep getting this error

'...rType = _soldierType };

_ leader = _team |#|CreateUnit [_leaderType,_position,[],0.5...'

I've seen a lot of posts about artillery and how to control the impact it has on the game. How about manual artillery. I'm sure an artillery script is possible. Where you have to get an azimuth and range from the guns to the target and then give your AI the firing info. It would be similar to the old pocket tanks game where you had to set the power and elevation of the shots. That would most likely take several attempts to hit a specific area and give the opposing team time to locate enemy guns. Since this is a military simulation it just seems like there should be more to calling an artillery strike than clicking a spot on the map. I'd love to hear other ideas on the subject.

Edit: I guess I didn't look hard enough. I found exactly what I was looking for here.

Manual Artillery

You're talking about the KaRRiLLioN RTS system of angle and azimuth with the mortars?

Here's a synopsis;

- Built by commander only. Usable by all with cost.

- Limit the max number to 6/5

- Shorten the range to 2km. Upgrade increases range increments by 1km

- Reduce range from 7km to 4km

- Must have spotter in LOS of target area. LD necessary.

- Take Arty out of Camp build menu

- Ammo must be bought separately in 30 round pallets.

- Radar structure gives apx loc of source of arty eg "Possible Artillery source at C5"

- Reduce accuracy. GPS Upgrade increasing accuracy.

- Variable wind adding to final hit location.

- Shorter range 81mm mortars at 2x to 3x less accuracy with cheaper ammo. Also shows up on Radar

- Damage upgradable (Thermobaric)

- Impact radius upgradable (Cluster)

- Introduce Smoke and Illumination rounds.

- Towable by support truck

- Change victory condition to a base flag that's capturable, so artillery can't win the game as a strategic wpn as opposed to tactical support.

Hey is it possible to play this by yourself.. Never been into Multi Player in this game.. But this sounds cool.

Can you be commander etc? Downloading it now but just like to know.

Hey is it possible to play this by yourself.. Never been into Multi Player in this game.. But this sounds cool.

Can you be commander etc?  Downloading it now but just like to know.

Yes and all of the other slots will be AI Squad leaders that will build their squad according to the designation that you give them.