Sign in to follow this  
whisper

Warfare v1.0

I wish to see who builded this KA50 there or maybe script to let only owner drive his vehicle. Actually when I have enough money I build Kamov and before geting in I'm shot to death because of some stupid teamkillers who wants to fly some ...

Great mission notworthy.gif especially for SP as well as MP; I would like to see a save feature for SP though as well as a map legend for all those icons on the map, but regardless of that great job BIS, it almost gives the game a bit of a mercenary play with the money involved...

1. I experienced the Arty Bug when playing this mission which really sucks when you join a server and the team you joined up to is getting artillery nonstop on thier base lol!

Solution: Turn of the Arty for now when game starts

2. The supply lines I thought was a cool addition to CTI since the ole OFP versions, however the AI pathing in ArmA still has much to be worked on, and trucks seem to get stuck in large traffic jams in towns.

3. I also found that if you move the MHQ late in the game it WILL end the game automatically.

These are the buggs I found last night. Only complaint I had with the mission was that the commander cannot assign officers troops or vehicals. It would be nice to see this in later versions. Also, and I don't know if this is a bug, the ressistance don't carry M136's. Basically means if you take a town occupied by a ressistance with a tank they can't kill you unless they have a tank themselves!

The problem i have is trying to figure out whats so special about this mission.All i see is a map that requires u to capture towns and ai that spawns constantly on both sides while u just sit back and buy whatever u like imo this map sucks.What does this patch really add to the game apart from some new uniforms and a crappy map.Main problem with this game is the stupid ai who consistently run straight at u without attempting to shoot u or retreat etc and the lag online is unbearable does none else see this apart from me?

The problem i have is trying to figure out whats so special about this mission.All i see is a map that requires u to capture towns and ai that spawns constantly on both sides while u just sit back and buy whatever u like imo this map sucks.What does this patch really add to the game apart from some new uniforms and a crappy map.Main problem with this game is the stupid ai who consistently run straight at u without attempting to shoot u or retreat etc and the lag online is unbearable does none else see this apart from me?

Having AI is about building your own army and moving with it. You don't have to sit and send in waves, you can build up a tank force, or infantry force or whatever and lead it personally into battle.

I enjoy the game because it is fast paced, there is always something to do... where I can play for hours.

If you can create a game better than this please do so... if you can't, then maybe you just don't understand how difficult it can be, especially in crafting good AI. I've seen too many good programmers struggle with this to think this is something so easy to do.

At least maybe this game will pull a lot of people away from Evo and into Warfare instead... so instead of just Player vs AI it now becomes Player/Ai vs Player/Ai. That's definitely better.

All i see is a map that requires u to capture towns and ai that spawns constantly on both sides while u just sit back and buy whatever u like imo this map sucks.What does this patch really add to the game apart from some new uniforms and a crappy map.Main problem with this game is the stupid ai who consistently run straight at u without attempting to shoot u or retreat etc and the lag online is unbearable does none else see this apart from me?

Wow. Play much COD4? Which most veterans agree is nothing like how it is out there.

So you're complaining that there's too much ai, you have to capture towns, and you sit and do nothing too much. Is that it?

A lone AI vs you is pretty much a win for the human player. But that isn't it most of the time, is it? I'm always looking 360, seeing where his buddies are, and where his reinforcements or worse, human reinforcements, are likely to come from. If you play like COD4 team deathmatch here, you'e fodder.

Have you played much CTI before? The supply truck/lines is a first, Fast travel is a first. True there were versions before where you had to drive a truck to capture a flag, or spawn at different locations owned by your side, but never rate of truck supplies and ai that travel with you on FT. And to top it off, this is ver 1.0?! Multiple "flags" for town capture is a first too.

I'm not saying this mission is perfect by any means. But for something that was promised for ArmA prior to release, this mission sets a new standard for CTI mode missions. Lots to fix, but sure came out of the gate sprinting. I'm sure with M. Melvins track record of updates, and the modding community to back him up, 2 or 3 versions down the line we'll have a pretty robust CTI mode mission that will be elevated to legendary status like Linoleum, Evo, CRCTI, and of course, MFCTI.

I've updated my features request list for Warfare. Opinions? Would you guys like me to add your suggestions to the list?

after close error (main menu):

cannot load texture epower\icon\docks.jpg

Hav'nt played this much (vs) since the days of RTS4. Great work BIS definatly a step in the right direction thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]The problem i have is trying to figure out whats so special about this mission.

Its different, and also free. Its a special as you want to make it.

Quote[/b] ]All i see is a map that requires u to capture towns

Yes thats right.

Quote[/b] ]and ai that spawns constantly on both sides

They certainly do.

Quote[/b] ]while u just sit back and buy whatever u like

You sit back "if you want" .. you buy as you "require" dependent on what you want to do "if you want" its called non-linear game play (thank the lord for it).

Quote[/b] ]imo this map sucks.

It does the job but its your opinion so cool.

Quote[/b] ]

What does this patch really add to the game apart from some new uniforms and a crappy map.

I cant reply .. thats for the other thread tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Main problem with this game is the stupid ai who consistently run straight at u without attempting to shoot u or retreat etc

Try some mods, try servers with such AI mods. Its not perfect but none are.

Quote[/b] ]and the lag online is unbearable

On this mission or generally?

does none else see this apart from me?

"No". rofl.gif

I don't think iv'e ever seen such a cup half empty post. Its not what you've got, its what you do with it.

Anyway, I like it, makes a change, certainly something I will try online as i'm purely SP so far. I agree with fixes needed, and its early days (and free). I would love to see a version for actual SP (saves etc) as stated here and also for it to be adapted to other maps later on in some way. tounge2.gif

If you don't like it then don't play it, it's that easy.

And if that map sucks then why you don't come up with something better instead of complaining and flaming? If you have something in the pipe then we're all ears and looking forward to see it.

whistle.gif I'm sorry did you say something worth listening to?

The AI will stop respawning when you take out there camp, you've got to know how to use the AI to make it work for you, try turning up your difficulty settings, and get a faster modem connection from your ISP; and no we don't see this apart from you, it's just that the community appreciates each patch for what it is, a step in the right direction, because they have no legal obligation to patch it; they could just leave us all hanging on a thread. goodnight.gif

I've also encountered more than once, resistance full squads missing weapons? do they get reinforced at some point? it seems to happen when they take back a town? I dunno. but it makes for easy money but is a bit silly.

This is related usually to them spawning in the water if u look at ur map you may see that they're gear is in the water

First time i played it i loaded ALL my other addons

and mods, started mission and i was the only one

carrying weapons...

Now i play with ECS and XEH no problem, the AI´s

are actually really dynamic...

About Arty problem

1.I suggest that only Commander can order Arty fire missions.

Team leaders can only "request" a location for the fire mission, but only commander can approve it.

2. The delay between fire missions should be longer...

3. there should be some couter-arty unit which can provide commander the location of enemy arty after a fire mission, in order for commander to organzied an counter-arty attack or fire missions.

The JIP needs to be fixed...(Camp Markers)...Other than that BIS has hit a homerun with this one...just imagine it with a good hitch script and some "paradrops"...

Quote[/b] ]Main problem with this game is the stupid ai who consistently run straight at u without attempting to shoot u or retreat etc

The main problem with Arma are whiners and complainers...I could nitpick ANY shooter /sim (besides OFP,VBS or VBS2) all day about what it dosen't have that Arma does...think about it...

Regards,

Iceman

I love this map and it brings another dimension to a really good game. I have only spent a few hours playing but had no problems and no lag. I have been trying to make a map like this for over six months but could not get it to run without lag etc. Bis have done a good job with this one Well done....

I dont understand all the moaners and complainers.."its a free addition if they dont like, dont play, carry on what they were doing before.

This map should of been coded so much better, its well designed, however it could be so much less of a server load and done with a lot less scripts...

Currently working on this myself, but I'd have to find out how modifications of warfare go as far as releasing as its no longer a mission, its like... content of the game... huh.gif

Thanks for all the responses people. A lot of hard work has gone into this mission and it's good to finally be able to share it with all of you. As the "1.0" indicated this certainly won't be the final incarnation of Warfare, so bug reports and gameplay feedback are certainly welcome.

But we have far bigger plans in store than just a few bug fixes. Head over to the Developer's Blog to get a first glimps of what's to come smile_o.gif

Mano a mano - Online Warfare

OK so I was playing Warfare as SP on Lan, hella cool, yay.gif but I noticed some bugs or short comings; when I took over the airport I decided to move my HQ up to that position, so I packed it up and away I went but, when I got there I'd try to unpack it which it would for about 1 second, and them repack itself. Is there a way to delete buildings and defenses? I bought an A10 and had the pilot fire at will, he took out targets but I received no cash for them; bug? And last but not least, what does SV:XX mean on the map?

STill a great way to play ArmA notworthy.gif

Oh and 1 other thing; where can I find the mission on my hard drive? I'd like to load it up in the editor.

The only problem I have had with Warfare so far is that my AI tend to get stuck a lot more than usual. Sometimes they get stuck on island buildings but it seems they get stuck on base buildings a lot more.

Thanks for all the responses people. A lot of hard work has gone into this mission and it's good to finally be able to share it with all of you. As the "1.0" indicated this certainly won't be the final incarnation of Warfare, so bug reports and gameplay feedback are certainly welcome.

But we have far bigger plans in store than just a few bug fixes. Head over to the Developer's Blog to get a first glimps of what's to come smile_o.gif

Mano a mano - Online Warfare

It is great to hear from one of the developers! I hope you'll always feel welcome in here and not be driven away by those who don't really understand how complicated coding something perfect can be.

It means a lot to a player thoroughly enjoying a mission that everytime they keep running into something that hurts the gameplay that there is progress in getting that changed for the better by the developers.

Here's to a great developer/gamer relationship!

------------------------------------------

To: Whisper

You were right about #8 in my post on the 2nd page. I've edited it to reflect that.. was not a bug. Someone was capping supply depot while I was in town and I got confused.

3. there should be some couter-arty unit which can provide commander the location of enemy arty after a fire mission, in order for commander to organzied an counter-arty attack or fire missions.

excellent idea!!

Maybe a simple mark on the map of enemy arty locations so that players know where to attack.

Was flying about in an A-10 and I think my mate was setting up artillery when this error occurred...warfareerror.jpg

Pretty nice mission overall.

Oh and 1 other thing; where can I find the mission on my hard drive? I'd like to load it up in the editor.

I second that question biggrin_o.gif

Great job BIS, 1 thing that OFP has crapped all over ArmA with IMO was having CTI, now that ArmA has it I'm back in and ready for more gaming biggrin_o.gif