Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ArmA Warfare 1.1

# suggestion

- allow commander to place a HQ building (like the one there is already in the editor)

- a commander could place a fixed number of these structures (maybe 2 or 3)

- players will be able to choose a respawn location on one of these buildings as if they were deployed MHQs

- the victory condition could be changed and allow a side to win only if it destroys all these HQ buildings and the MHQ, and the surrounding buildings

- this can allow players to respawn in more bases and avoid a base being shelled by artillery or respawn in a base where there's an air factory

- for long lasting games

# bug (markers)

- there is still a markers color problem

- I noticed this when enemy side captured a town (camps and depot were red) then I reconnected and the camps now were blue for me and red for the other players

- Also, in specific conditions I can't remember, when you capture a town the depot turns green but the camps stay red and for other players is the opposite (camps green and depot red)

- as a suggestion, when a player detects an enemy camp its marker color should become red instead of being blue

# bug (AA pods and resistance MG nests)

- they are not aggressive enough

- once I saw an enemy plane fly just over the head of one AA pod manned by AI : the AI didn't move or fire any missile

- MG nests are almost as bad, sometimes I can drive through its fire zone and park just behind it and shoot the gunner

- this seems to happen when the vehicle is moving very fast

- as a suggestion for MG nests, when the AI rifleman inside is aware that an enemy vehicle just stopped outside his fire zone he should get out and attack and if he succeeds he returns to gun the MG

Check out my complied wish list from the community;

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Warfare/1.1/Issues#Wishes

AI will not automatically fire on valid targets until you order them to;

1. Fire at will

2. Danger (more so for infantry)

3. Scan Horizon or Scan a direction (eg 3-8-3 = scan East)

If a target comes into view, they will report this to you as;

"A-10, 1,000m"

You need to respond by saying;

target #, where number is the A-10 on the target list.

They respond with; "Engaging".

This is your fire command for the AI AA mount. Once the first target is engaged, the AA AI will continue to fire on any other targets that come into view, so I usually set them to 3-7 (scan horizon).

Similarly, MG mounts will continue to fire once the first target is engaged and fired upon.

It can get confusing, when multiple AI report targets, and you're not sure which "Machinegunner" is the one referenced by the ai reporting the contact. I usually tell them to hide or go prone, then sort it out later when only one type is listed on the target list. I wish they can update the target list by saying "AT Soldier, 300m, 32", and you can just say "target 32".

I can see a problem on AI that is automatically generated by a non-captain team, like the ones that spawn at base. They don't have a leader to order them to engage a target when in a mount, so they just sit there, untill fired upon.

A better example of the mg effect can be seen from the cobra with AI gunner on 20mm gun, or the BRDM with AI Gunner. Once the first target infantry is engaged, the gunner will continue to take out other infantry in its line of sight.

I wish they can update the target list by saying "AT Soldier, 300m, 32", and you can just say "target 32".

I noticed that the targets are sorted by distance from you.

The first targets in the list are the ones close to you and the last targets are the ones that are far.

For example if your group is split in 2 in your target list you will have the first targets that are spotted by the group you are in and the last targets at the end of the list are spotted by the other group that is far.

[...]

- once I saw an enemy plane fly just over the head of one AA pod manned by AI : the AI didn't move or fire any missile

I saw that too, many times. But in the last session, a kamov flew over my head while near a camp with AI in AA pods. No AI move nor fired, as usual.

The news: as I fired some bullets from my rifle to the kamov (just because in ArmA you can't throw stones), AI reacted, and started to move and engaging the chopper. It's maybe related to a change in behaviour/combatMode as someone fires in the nearby.

[...]

I saw that too, many times. But in the last session, a kamov flew over my head while near a camp with AI in AA pods. No AI move nor fired, as usual.

The news: as I fired some bullets from my rifle to the kamov (just because in ArmA you can't throw stones), AI reacted, and started to move and engaging the chopper. It's maybe related to a change in behaviour/combatMode as someone fires in the nearby.

Most probably because someone in their side got knowledge of the Kamov (knowsAbout going above a certain value), information relayed to the Center of said side, which then pass the info to squads.

The fact you aimed at the Kamov perhaps raised your knowsAbout value for this Kamov enough to be passed to your side's Center?

Same effect when you're the squad leader and use binoculars and identify the target. AI under your control will fire on them unless ordered to hold fire.

A screenshot of of a base :

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tmp01ey0.jpg

tmp01ey0.th.jpg

EDIT :

vehicles spawning at base:

tmp02pc6.th.jpg

resistance without weapons in Corazol :

tmp03op2.th.jpg

# suggestion

- add a new role for AI team : engineers

- commander can order it to deploy minefield (like patrol, defend, capture towns ...) and like for fire missions it can choose how large the minefield is and its location

# suggestion

- add a new game option where HQ is deployed once and for all and factories cant be destroyed

- the only win condition will be capture all cities or time or score

# bug

- when joining a game, buildings that were destroyed still have their markers on map

This game needs a *HEADBUG FIX SCRIPT*!!!

Some slots bug out while being played, in such a way that anyone who joins in the future in that particular slot WILL spawn with the headbug.

There is no way around it.

Possible lead as to the cause or related symptom; when I decided to play anyways on a very full server, using AI to support my team instead, I asked my troopers to "Rejoin Formation" and after a while I realized they had run a very long distance away.

The direction they went makes me suspect that they were running to the island that we are supposedly held at while we are dead, and before we have respawned.

Would the "headbug fix" script from Evolution and other maps from 1.08 work here, or does this require a more detailed fix?

Possible source of HEADBUG:

I was driving a humvee that had an AI soldier [from the Human/AI player slot, not from something bought at base] inside of it. The AI soldier was inside because someone had disconnected while riding in it.

Someone else joined the game and connected in that slot.

While this other person was connecting into that AI slot, I drove the humvee off the edge of a steep drop at Estrella, and the front end hit the ground so hard that it got on fire a few seconds later, killing me and the new player that was in the middle of joining the game [AI had turned to human, but he was still joining/loading the game when the death occurred.]

A few minutes later that guy is walking around where the humvee burnt, complaining he has a headbug.

What caught my attention was that the game had JUST started... so this was not an old headbug... and that something must have happened just now to cause it.

So, I theorize that if someone joins the game and is in the middle of the loading screen [or JIP progress bar] and the AI soldier that they are taking over for dies during this period, it breaks.

Hope this helps.

# suggestion

- increase limit of AI soldiers a player can buy to 18 (19 with leader)

- 18 is to be able to buy a manned Mi17 (2 pilots) and fill it with a 17 soldiers infantry squad (1 leader + 8 soldiers on each flank, it can also be split using color teams and have 4 teams of 4 soldiers)

- if that could hurt performance too much increase limit to 15 (13 soldiers squad and a UH-60 helicopter with pilot and 2 gunners = 16)

- in the worse case increase this limit to 13 from 12 (1 leader + 4 x 3 soldiers team)

Just looked into the cti_buildings config... OMG. Looks like somebody missed ArmA release and is still working on old good Flashpoint smile_o.gif

I hope that the parency tree won't change anymore whistle.gif

# bug arma/warfare

Found a bug that looks like an ArmA bug but it affects Warfare gameplay too.

While playing the game I noticed by looking at the map 3 supply trucks that were stuck for some time near Rashidah town. I went near them to see what was happening and I saw they were trying to go horizontally through a hill. I couldn't take a screenshot because as soon as I approached them they started to climb the hill instead of trying to go through it horizontally.

When I'll have another chance I'll take a screenshot.

# bug arma/warfare

Found a bug that looks like an ArmA bug but it affects Warfare gameplay too.

While playing the game I noticed by looking at the map 3 supply trucks  that were stuck for some time near Rashidah town. I went near them to see what was happening and I saw they were trying to go horizontally through a hill. I couldn't take a screenshot because as soon as I approached them they started to climb the hill instead of trying to go through it horizontally.

When I'll have another chance I'll take a screenshot.

How strange.

I've never seen any such a thing.

were they trying to go 'through' the hill? So they were like, digging into the ground or somehting?

1. Ability to remote build units. If not that, ability to keep AI in base and command action 6 for them to preform the action.

2. Repair vehicles script.

3. Repair options at airports.

4. More emphasis on PVP rather than making it Evolution Coop with 2 sides, no rank, and bases.

5. Research Research Research & taxes!

6. Stat sheet of you and your AI's kills and points awarded.

7. Gain rewards like UAV's at limited distances for preforming well.

8. Ability to lock owned vehicles. If inoperable for 5 minutes delete it.

9. Base concealment. This is nothing like CTI for OFP, even with a smaller map in OFP it was much more difficult to find eachothers base... with this its so easy.

10. Commander AI limit higher than normal players (base defense etc).

What about it?

Thats your wish list is it? huh.gif

Might be nice to explain that before launching into it.. thumbs-up.gif

It is probably a problem with Rommels... which is why it should be posted in his thread and not here.

i want to use "CMCD_USA_1ID_Infantry_Replacements" and want not see the "standard" uniforms, so can i change that ?

i want to use "CMCD_USA_1ID_Infantry_Replacements" and want not see the "standard" uniforms, so can i change that ?

You can and it’s fairly easy once you get the hang of Warfare editing. First get the class names of the 1st ID soldiers and replace those with the class of the marines in the Warfare… Config_Barracks.sqs. For startup soldiers open the mission in the editor and replace the marines with ones from the 1st ID mod.

If you want more help you can PM me or start a new post for this.

Maruk,

You guys still read these threads? Is there still more work being done on a newer version of Warfare?

You have a PM I sent quite a while ago, but it still shows as being unread by you. It's about how a griefer can ruin hours of gameplay on a server, which is pretty damaging to the appeal of Warfare if no one wants to go through that again.

Things have been getting quiet and so I was wondering about whats in store for the future of Warfare.

I guess to answer your questions bluntly, Maruk is not supporting this mod anymore with ArmA 2 in development so this mod would be considered dead confused_o.gif

Shame really, I would like to see more done with this mod that only the developers can help with, like the ability to build more structures.

I guess to answer your questions bluntly, Maruk is not supporting this mod anymore with ArmA 2 in development so this mod would be considered dead confused_o.gif

Shame really, I would like to see more done with this mod that only the developers can help with, like the ability to build more structures.

Yeah, very disappointing.

Oh well, they got to earn a paycheck in order to live... else they'd not be able to create anything more. Thanks for updating me CrazyAce

I suspect we'll see Warfare in ArmA 2, and hopefully developed much further. I seriously doubt they would go to so much effort to release a new game mode this late in the lifecycle of ArmA 1 otherwise!

I'd like to see auto-kicking for excessive team killing in ArmA 2, followed by auto-ban for repeat offenders. I'm sure that idea could be extended to destroying friendly structures.

Maruk you reading this?

It’s because of Warfare the reason I bought ArmA1, if Warfare is incorporated into ArmA 2 then I'll buy that game also.