Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ArmA Warfare 1.1

3rd person can be exploited easily to see things you should not be able to see, behind walls, house or any structure, and gain an edge on your opponent you should not have.

I don't see how you lose "spatial awareness", though, without 3rd person view. I suggest you use the "Alt" key more, it's really invaluable, even as a soldier.

As for crosshair, I rather agree.

1st, out of ironsight view, you're NOT firing from the hip, the animation still shows the weapon on your shoulder, you just don't have the eyes aligned on sights. Which means that IRL, you should have a rather good guess of where you are aiming, guess you do not have without the crosshair.

Forcing to use ironsight is just limiting the shooting to stopped position, reflex shooting on the move, which is already limited by the animation system, should not be further limited, imho. You cannot be accurate on the move anyway because of anims.

Though I don't have much issues with crosshair off, I'm not sure it's that enhancing realism. But I'm not enough of a shooting expert to really comment. That's just my feelings.

# Repairing, rearming and refueling at depots - whats about making an message like "Repair/Rearm/Refuel complete" if 100% done and disable menu option?

# AI goes and drives way too straight forward into towns

# AI trucks (supply, salvage) should use roads until there is a high threat.

# Warfare buildings need some improvements because AI don't find a path in+out or even walk through barriers. Like to see some tough AI defending depots and other buildings from inside. smile_o.gif

What about some little random extras like hidden camps, support/trouble from residents and thunderstorms? Only ideas...

Funny I was just playing 1.0 and was bugged at how my sqaud can sometimes get horribly scattered in this mission and thought about suggesting a disband option and voila. Thanks BIS. On the issue of 3rd person and crosshairs, I think there should be no 3rd person but crosshairs maybe replaced by a large(ish) circle just so you know where your pointing your weapon (especially with the new FOV).

BRAVO BIS!

Goodbye third person - that is for console jockeys.

Crosshair - this kills usability - must have crosshair. Ironsight will give you better accuracy and zoom, so there is a benefit to using it, but no crosshair is BAD BAD BAD!

Removing crosshair is like removing the abillity to write

messeges in chat...

You can shoot from hip/shoulder IRL without IRON and still

have a good chance of getting a fair result. But without

crosshair in game its like 5% chance of hitting anything.

IRL you can speek to your mates, giving info. Without

chatt in game you must use some kind of wierd body

language..

It does NOT highten the amount of realism when crosshair

is removed..

AND, the line of sight is WRONG even from the start.

As i recall the line of sight is set to much to the left.

That would be ok if the person was lefthanded. BUT

ALL persons/characters in game are righthanded..

Sorry "nocrosshairworshippers"...Your just WRONG..

What the hell do serverside settings have to do with Warfare? Does Warfare have special settings for 3rd person or crosshairs? I doubt it.

Correct--

Servers decide whether you can have 3rd person, whether you have crosshairs or not.

Some like it veteran (no crosshair, no 3rd, etc) and some like it at regular difficulty...

Warfare does not determine the difficulty.

What the hell do serverside settings have to do with Warfare? Does Warfare have special settings for 3rd person or crosshairs? I doubt it.

exactly.

Bugs: After a cetain amount of time usualy 2 hours into the the game the player can loose his contruction menu then thats bad if your the commander.

I think it would be nice to make it so that you can buy boats at any town with a dock . For example, Geraldo, Estrella, Iguana, Dolores, Corazol, and Rashidah. You could make it so that you can only buy the CRRC for like $400 or the PBX for about $200. It would kind of be like the airport in the sense that no one would control them but anyone could use them. It would just add another small element so that if its too hard to get to something by ground or air you can use a boat. Best use would probably be to capture Dolores, Iguana or Arcadia since they are all relativly close to each other and boats can take a while.

Just my thoughts though. So far I am liking 1.1

There will be personal differences in why some like crosshairs or not, "wrong" or not. But sure, 3rd person view really increases your spatial awareness, no doubt about it. As a tank driver you see nothing. Switch to 3rd person and you see the whole world around you, but unfortunately also the units. The rest of any AI tank crew doesn't give you any idea as to what is around you. You can turn out to get a better view, but sometimes a bug happen where turning out doesn't work. But I do agree, realism settings doesn't really belong here. You can't fight server admins desire to use server realism settings, as you can't fight him to use signed addon packs only (which is a bit weird setting for coop). Setup your own server or locate those which has the settings you desire.

Back to Warfare. I really like the new prices, rewards and such. I once had a huge problem of AIs getting stuck near the waters of Dolores though. Had to respawn most of the teams. Thanks for this option! Lifesaver.

I need some help for editing warfare mission here, thank smile_o.gif

Did anyone else notice this in Common\Config\Config_Airport.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;EAST

_u = ["SU34"]

_d = [Localize "STR_DN_SU34"]

_c = [7000]

_m = [7000 + (westBarracksCosts Select WPILOTTYPE)]

_o = [true]

_t = [50]

_p = [50]

_i = ["\ca\air3\SU34\data\UI\Picture_su34_CA.paa"]

In case you didn't notice, the price of a west pilot (maybe a spy???) is added to Su34 cost. rofl.gif

I know it's not a big problem but should be fixed anyway.

hey would it be possible to include a new type of objective to win, maybe capture the HQ instead of destroying it, once captured which ever tema has it they need to get back to there base to win, something like that anyway

I think it would be nice to make it so that you can buy boats at any town with a dock . For example, Geraldo, Estrella, Iguana, Dolores, Corazol, and Rashidah. You could make it so that you can only buy the CRRC for like $400 or the PBX for about $200. It would kind of be like the airport in the sense that no one would control them but anyone could use them. It would just add another small element so that if its too hard to get to something by ground or air you can use a boat. Best use would probably be to capture Dolores, Iguana or Arcadia since they are all relativly close to each other and boats can take a while.

I agre. This would be a cool feature.

I was thinking of porting the mission to the OFP world map (all 4 OFP islands on one map) youd need boats for that.

Also, can I just say about the 3rd person / crosshair issue;

I think we should drop it. Or start a new thread abou it.

I only just mentioned it, but this thread is about Warfare.

Lets stop talking of anything else before the admins tell us off, thumbs-up.gif

Could the "sounds[]={...};" array be deleted from Warfare addon cfgSounds config?

It causes sounds to be inaccessible in some cases (addons with cfgSounds etc., it's better not to use it in ArmA anymore), I keep having warnings about missing sounds.  whistle.gif

edit: fixed language xD

I'm not entirely sure what you just said but ive started getting a warning about a missing suppression sound.

Ive been running CSM and RugDSAI.

That array can spawn conflicts inside cfgSounds class. It's definitely not working as "units[]" array in cfgPatches. All addonmakers should pay attention and avoid using it.

seconded! thumbs-up.gif

#bug

- when looking at team menu the message that alerts you a town is under attack doesn't show on screen

#suggestion

- add option for commander to set spawn point of supply trucks around HQ and spawn point for players

In one of my suggestions, I proposed a Bank for pay to be deposited for each player until withdrawn.

Why not have the commander build a "payroll depot". This is where supply/repair trucks spawn unless there's none, then it spawns near the MHQ?

It is a valid game tactic to not kill enemy supply trucks on first contact, but rather follow it until you see where their MHQ/base is.

Why people don't use more night option in this mission?

ArmA looks beautifull at night. Clear night and you don't even need the nv all the time. All the explosions etc. Great atmosphere. It's a nice change for the normal bright day battles.

And i don't know if it's the latest ArmA patch or NVIDIA drivers, but NV + HDR is much better nowdays. You can actually see clearly with nv-goggles. smile_o.gif

And i don't know if it's the latest ArmA patch or NVIDIA drivers, but NV + HDR is much better nowdays. You can actually see clearly with nv-goggles.  smile_o.gif

Please let me know what settings you're using, because NV + HDR on my machine (XP, Nvidia 8800GT) makes it impossible to see at night. If you're looking down at the ground, with no light source around you it's just peachy.

However, as soon as there's light in the sky (not explosions, just a little hint of light appearing) and everything gets pitch black under NVG. You can't see anything at all.

Now around light sources it gets overly bright, which is fine, but distance light sources and the sky itself shouldn't completely cripple night vision.

Please let me know what settings you're using

Vista x64, 8800GT, Latest official nvidia drivers.

1280x1024, all high, except postprocess low, AA and AF normal.

Also i have @TrueMods NVGoggles in use. But that shouldn't effect. It's just larger view. I remember having all the same problems as you do since the beginning. But now after the latest patch it's not that bad at all. Have not changed anything from ArmA settings. So it's either the 1.14 patch or nvidia drivers. ...or i'm grazy.  whistle.gif

...first of all Im sorry for asking a dumb question.

Where is the warfare mission? I can't find it in MP Missions folder or in the Missions folder!

I can start my own server with the mission so i know it's there, i just can't find it in the folders.. help.gif