Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ArmA Warfare 1.1

It is embedded in an addon .pbo file.

Search, if I remember well, Addons\warfare.pbo or something like that

Where is the warfare mission?  I can't find it in MP Missions folder or in the Missions folder!

Simply download the Warfare 1.1 update linked in the first post of this thread. It contains all the latest mission files. It should eventually be placed in the MPMissions folder smile_o.gif

What I'd like to see in a future version is the RPG-7VR for OPFOR on the gear menu ATM they are very weak againts armor since one hit might if they are very lucky get the crew out but the AT guy will get shot by them. Only way I know how to get these baby's atm is from trucks, that makes them rather expencive. Well worth it tho.

it's only 100 point difference between the 7V and 7VR. At 500/600, the only veh above 600 is the T72 at 750, next closest veh are the Shilka and BMP at 250. M113 (150), Vulcan (180), Stryker (200), M1A1 (900).

Maybe you're referring to hits on the engine box (rear) which is the only weak area on the 72 besides the tracks and barrel.

In my previous suggestion on this topic (RPG-7), in RL 7V's only penetrate about 260, and the 7VR at 600-700 at 1/3 the max range taking up more space in inventory. The M-136 AT should do about 500-600 (currently at 470), able to fire indoors, and both are missing aimpoint like scopes variants. Ranges for 7V (500) 7VR(200) 136 (300).

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl11-e.htm

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl02-e.htm

Indeed RL stats would be nice, however in my experiance in game I have found the 7VR more effective than the 7V. But regardless of that it's missing from the availible gear and I'd like it to be there.

Where is the warfare mission?  I can't find it in MP Missions folder or in the Missions folder!

Simply download the Warfare 1.1 update linked in the first post of this thread. It contains all the latest mission files. It should eventually be placed in the MPMissions folder smile_o.gif

I see, so version 1 has the missions hidden in the addon, while version 1.1 has separate mission files?

OK, thanks for the info guys.

Warfare 1.1 beta (16 players version)

# bug

- sometimes it is not possible to recapture depot after it is captured by resistance

- it happened to me in Corazol where depot seemed clear of enemies but no progress bar appears

- it could be a resistance soldier stuck inside a building near depot (didn't notice this just an idea)

# bug (maybe an arma bug)

- some soldiers in AI teams have no weapons (even for resistance)

- I noticed this near cities close to water (Corazol), maybe soldiers try to keep formation and go into the water losing their equipment

# bug

- a supply truck that has a dead driver will not explode automatically (I noticed such a truck camped near depot for more than 45 minutes)

- suggestion : make supply trucks spawn at base after a period of immobility and/or add possibility for human players to reposition the truck on road or make it spawn at base

# minor bug

- help text in warfare menu is a bit cut off

Quote[/b] ]Bozo, June 19 2008,12:37

# bug

- sometimes it is not possible to recapture depot after it is captured by resistance

- it happened to me in Corazol where depot seemed clear of enemies but no progress bar appears

- it could be a resistance soldier stuck inside a building near depot (didn't notice this just an idea)

Had the exact same thing happening in Paraiso. I extensively checked all surrounding buildings, but couldn't find any resistence or opfor left. The capturing-bar just didn't appear.

# bug

- airport marker color doesn't change when captured

# bug

- when placing tripods with Mobile HQ there are soldiers spawning around it but not using the tripods

- they walk around MHQ and if I kill them they respawn and use the tripods

- there is no info in briefing about these soldiers that spawn around MHQ

# minor bug

- briefing description about canon and air factory costs not updated

# minor bug

- when commander and choosing a "capture city" mission in missions tab if you click on "command teams" button the "abort mission button" still shows behind the mission assignment buttons

# bug (could be)

- AI tanks don't shoot enemy deployed HQ

# bug

- when HQ is mobile and it is destroyed near base buildings game ends

# bug

- I joined a game today where there were markers of buildings on map but the buildings were destroyed

- it seems markers of destroyed buildings aren't deleted

Quote[/b] ]Bozo,  June 19 2008,12:37

# bug

Had the exact same thing happening in Paraiso. I extensively checked all surrounding buildings, but couldn't find any resistence or opfor left. The capturing-bar just didn't appear.

I experienced this problem too. I checked a town quite carefully and did not see enemies anywhere but it was impossible to capture a depot.

Other things I have noticed:

- Vehicles at a base can be in horizontal position even though the ground is not horizontal. Like a UAZ had its front wheels high up in the air on a slope. When I got into the vehicle, the front wheels dropped to the ground and I could control it normally.

- Soldiers are sitting in weird way at a base. Like two soldiers are in a sitting animation pose at almost the same location. There are no chairs, vehicles, weapons or anything under them or close to them, they are sitting on nothing. And they can be buried to ground, like about half of them. I don't know what those dudes are doing but it surely doesn't look right.

Quote[/b] ]Soldiers are sitting in weird way at a base

I noticed this and their position seems to be the one they have when inside vehicles.

When vehicles just spawn they are horizontal even if terrain is not flat. If you fire a shot at them they drop on ground.

This is very probably an Arma bug.

Resistance or opposing team ai that spawn from a stronger rated town may be inside a building. If this is the case then the capture bar may not show up. Just like when I approach a town that's in the process of being captured by the enemy or RACS, the progress bar actually goes higher as I approach the supply depot.

There was a case where in 1.1.2, a RACS soldier was inside a building next to the supply depot at Masbete. I heard gunfire at one point from inside the building, but could not located the soldier. The building was one of those that had no doors or windows you can use. My teammate then satcheled the building, destroying the building and killed the soldier. Capture progress bar then showed up.

Yes. RACS near water towns may have no weapons. Especially true at Dolores, Corazol. I thought AI code had allowed them to grab a wpn off a body if one was near it from 1.1.4? I guess not. Some of them do have pistols, though.

You don't capture airports in 1.1, or 1.1.2 MR. You just buy aircraft from there.

Base defense has ai units that either spawn on its own near the MHQ, or if ai commander, can order ai units to "defend the base", in which soldiers then occupy defensive structures. In my experience it's a hit and miss. When I command, I'll lay down defensive structures, order 1-3 squads to defend, and if a mount is unoccupied after 2 min, I'll buy a crew and man it under my direct control.

I have seen cases where mounts get occupied right away, then the ai dismounts from it. Go figure.

A deployed MHQ is not a vehicle. It's a structure. You can only grenade, FFAR, satchel, cannon, RPG it. Stingers and Javelins will not fire on it. I think it's still a target that shows up later down the list if you "zero" down the interface.

I have seen that. Destroy a MHQ that just packed up, and game ends. I guess the code is saying that factories AFTER you deploy a MHQ is counted as the victory condition. So if you pack up the MHQ, by mission code there is no structure within 300m of the MHQ. This is separate from the lack of supply and packing it up bug, or the reported desync and pack it up/lose bug.

@Bozo.

The ground level "sitting" soldiers is the result of purchasing a crewed vehicle when you're near the max limit for your squad.

eg. you have 11 soldiers, and decid to buy a tank with crew. Tanks come with 2 crewmen, so the extra ends up near the MHQ, sitting on the floor. It's just a case of bad number counting that allows this to occur.

The non terrain conforming empty vehicle that spawns from purchases is an old OFP bug. I always thought that the spawn area should be a flattened platform area, and must be cleared for new purchases to spawn.

@Mike Melvin

Is there anyway to implement a check script so that any kamikazi aircraft that takes out a building results in automatic victory for the non-kamikazi side? Very unsportmanlike.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. This is really useful and I can see I will be busy. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there anyway to implement a check script so that any kamikazi aircraft that takes out a building results in automatic victory for the non-kamikazi side?

From a scripting POV it should be possible. For example I have seen scripts that detect the killer when a victim is run over by a truck.

Quote[/b] ]Very unsportmanlike.

True, but then war is not very sportsmanlike and an A10 is an expensive missile. smile_o.gif

Does the AH-6 have some kind of laser on it that the pilot can use, that I'm not aware of?

I had setup a base in Warfare 1.1, moving north of Geraldo to avoid incoming artillery, stopping midway to Corazol by the shore.

The MHQ was in a depression by the shore where no one could lase it unless they came up to the ridges around the base, which were already crawling with protective infantry [and I also had stationed spec ops soldiers around the base to detect incoming enemy infantry]. There were none, and I had already taken out a couple that tried to sneak in.

Two precision strikes took out a factory and the MHQ. The jet was way too high for me to get a lock on either, so it was not like it came straight in and dropped blind.

The MHQ was hit EXACTLY in the center where it was. The factory could have been seen from the distance because I had placed it near the road, but not the MHQ which was hidden in the depression, which confused me.

I was by the shore, pointing the AA rocket around to find any helicopters or jets coming from out to sea [or from any other direction], but couldn't find any as there were no lock ons.

Suddenly, out from the shore came an AH-6 that became visible, on some kind of kamikaze approach [rapidly approaching]. It was only then that I could lockon and fire a missile.

If the AH-6 was out at sea and managed to see PAST the viewdistance fog and had a laser, it could have placed a laser on the MHQ. That was only one possibility I could think of, and I vaguely remember someone talking about AH-6 and lasers [but thought this was an addon-only thing].

The only other possibility I could see is that a friendly on our side sabotaged us by pointing a laser at the targets instead. Would that have worked for the enemy or not?

I'm just trying to figure out what happened, how someone was able to lase something that no distant mountain was able to see at all.

Quote[/b] ]Soldiers are sitting in weird way at a base

When vehicles just spawn they are horizontal even if terrain is not flat. If you fire a shot at them they drop on ground.

This is very probably an Arma bug.

This happened in OFP too.

If you placed a car inside a garage, it's wheels would be stuck in the foundations of the building. If you get in the vehicle, or indeed shoot it, it jumps up or falls down to it's correct orientation.

A really simple way to get around this it to spawn the vehicle in mid air, allowing it to fall into the correct position.

I'm not talking about placing it WAY up in the clouds!

Just a little above ground level. Like about 0.02.

As I said, the vehicle will then fall and come to a natural resting position.

I've played the mission various times with two friends, we versus the AI, one of us as commander (we like to play private coops), and though it's very fun, it seems very very easy. The IA takes towns very slowly and it is no match. Even the independents are more problematic because their continuous spawns.

I don't know if the IA could be programmed better, or maybe give them some advantages with a difficulty setting at the start, but right now I think this mission it's no very replayable in coop mode. We used to play mfcti and crcti in flashpoint and the IA was a lot more aggresive.

@ModaFlanker

Was there a follow up mortar/grenade attack that followed the hits on the MHQ/factory? I was in Corazol in one game, and the MHQ was partially visible and factories were also 75% visible from the middle south camp.

I had used a TOW mount and the autoGL to fire on their position. I don't think it's your game though, because they had packed it up after taking the hits and moved to Geraldo.

There is no LD on the MH6, and standing at the MHQ, was any position within 1km visible? Mountains NW of Ortego? Ortego itself? Water tower? What about the beaches NE and S of your position? If a player is smart, and only LD's the structures, your defensive ai will not fire on them until the first GBU hits. The spotter will be left alone if he re-establishes concealment or goes back in hiding then re-acquires the 2nd target.

SF/Especas and snipers have a longer detection range compared to normal troops. Place them on hilltops or hillsides and minimize silhouetting 500m-800m out from the base.

Personally I want all weapons and scopes to have the same viewdistance/airviewdistance for everyone and every gear. You control weapon ranges by limiting when lock-on is enabled. So say viewdistance is 2.5km, Vulcans/Shilka and AA/AT missiles won't engage until 2km, and maybe a variable like pollution index mixes it up, maybe even by region or altitude so people won't know exactly when lock on is achievable.

@kanotson

Try this; play human only, or human + a few ai on your side vs 2-3x ai on the opposite side. Also install one of the mods that increase AI detection range and cover fires. SLX/FFN, ECS? and a few others come to mind. I was on one server where the admin loaded up an alternate version where the ai was multi-platoon strength, had ample armor, and respawn to make each town capture look like Chechnya vs the vanilla Warfare 1.1. They also engaged you much further out, and would cover fire and flank. With the larger numbers, their flanking maneuvers were actually pretty lethal.

As Matt has stated, the vanilla AI script does not let them buy Helos or aircraft. You would need to modify/add this ability to the scripts that control how ai buys reinforcements.

Remember those 20+ armor assaults on base and the wave after wave of attack helos on your base on "hardest" in MFCTI? Wish there was a setting like that on Warfare.

To sum up. Try playing Warfare with one of those mods, and play with more AI opponents compared to your side.

Try this;  play human only, or human + a few ai on your side vs 2-3x ai on the opposite side. Also install one of the mods that increase AI detection range and cover fires. SLX/FFN, ECS? and a few others come to mind.  I was on one server where the admin loaded up an alternate version where the ai was multi-platoon strength, had ample armor, and respawn to make each town capture look like Chechnya vs the vanilla Warfare 1.1.  They also engaged you much further out, and would cover fire and flank.  With the larger numbers, their flanking maneuvers were actually pretty lethal.

As Matt has stated, the vanilla AI script does not let them buy Helos or aircraft.  You would need to modify/add this ability to the scripts that control how ai buys reinforcements.  

Remember those 20+ armor assaults on base and the wave after wave of attack helos on your base on "hardest" in MFCTI? Wish there was a setting like that on Warfare.

To sum up. Try playing Warfare with one of those mods, and play with more AI opponents compared to your side.

It's a good idea, though the IA seems to have problems conquering the independents more than us. But disabling friendly IAs maybe they have more time to get stronger.

I have tried SLX, but it is very laggy, it has some errors, etc. I think FFN had problems also (I don't remember very well). Is there any addon for get better IA and nothing else? SLX and FFN add more features that I don't want, like wounds, effects, etc...

@ModFlanker

In the zGuba config fix the MH-6 and AH-6 have a Laser Designator. They could have been using that addon. tounge2.gif

@ModFlanker

In the zGuba config fix the MH-6 and AH-6 have a Laser Designator. They could have been using that addon. tounge2.gif

Ah, I knew I had read something about that somewhere.

That wouldn't work on a server that isn't set to use that addon? Or would that addon be able to slip by undetected on a server that doesn't have strict parameters?

I took a second look at the place where I had placed the MHQ. The location is north of Geraldo, halfway to Corazol, by the coast where there is a sideways V in the shoreline. There's a depression caused by that V, and I parked the MHQ by a tree in that location.

Only thing I could figure if someone was being a human using a designator is if someone was on the island to the east... but it'd be really hard to get there with a helicopter without being detected, and anyone who tries to swim drops their inventory [including designator]. Very puzzling.

Thanks for the responses everyone... I'm dropping the issue, maybe it was just a stray bomb that was actually aimed at one of the visible vehicle buildings that were placed by the road, and it was sheer chance that it landed squarely centered on the MHQ.

Issues page on biki and the README copied from the OP.

I choosed Arma_Warfare because already referenced here.

@Frank-O: check the issues page, mabye your list can be copied there.

Can the Ortego "Fast Travel" location be adjusted?

Soldiers and AI drivers get stuck or confused in the location they spawn into in the middle of town. A more wide open space would help.

The rest of the towns seem okay in their placement.

Could there also be a way to only take in Fast Travel with you only the AI that are in formation with you? Sometimes there is AI you have setup as a defense that you DONT want to take with you in Fast Travel.

@alef

I hope you meant the Warfare 1.0 list. Posted there now.

@alef

I hope you meant the Warfare 1.0 list. Posted there now.

Yes. I just saw you updated the 1.0 with 1.1 fixes. Thanks.

i am very happy about warfare and the new involvement of the community. i feel arma made a capital jump forward during the last month. thank u all.

my wishes for warfare:

i would like to see all the ai of my side on the map.

it would be great if the ai of my squad would be marked by its numbers.