Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ArmA Warfare 1.1

Interim ArmA Warfare update to version 1.1 is available from armedassault.com. Please report your feedback to Warfare version 1.1 to this topic.

Quote[/b] ]************************************************************************************

************************* ARMA WARFARE 1.1 BETA README *******************************

************************************************************************************

Copyright © 2008 [http://www.bistudio.com Bohemia Interactive].  All rights reserved.

This archive contains interim update of ArmA Warfare to version 1.1

'''YOU CAN BUY AND DOWNLOAD ARMA: GOLD EDITION (THE ORIGINAL GAME ARMED ASSAULT / COMBAT OPERATIONS INCLUDING THE OFFICIAL EXPANSION PACK QUEEN'S GAMBIT) VERSION 1.08 NOW DIRECTLY FROM THE DEVELOPERS AT SPROCKETIDEA.COM'''

===SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS===

* ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 1.14.

Visit [http://www.armedassault.com/dwnl_update.html updates section at armedassault.com] to update your ArmA as necessary.

===HOW TO INSTALL ARMA WARFARE 1.1===

If you want to host a game with ArmA Warfare 1.1, you need to copy WarfareV11beta.SaraLite.pbo (or (Warfare32V11beta.SaraLite.pbo

for 32 player version) to your MPMissions folder in the main server game directory (default is c:\program files\bohemia interactive or c:\program files\atari). Clients do not need to install the mission as it should be downloaded from the server automatically.

===NEW FEATURES===

====Team Status====

In the Team Menu, click on Team Status. You can see

the condition of your troops and disband them and to unflip vehicles.

====Command Teams====

You can respawn an AI team back at the base by

selecting it and clicking the Respawn button.

==MANUAL ERRATA==

Warfare 1.1 changes pricing of the following items to:

$9000 - KA50

$8000 - AH1Z

$2500 - M119/D30

2000 Supplies - Aircraft Factory

===CHANGELOG===

Changes:

* Fast Travel safety check for enemy presence now slightly less strict.

* Now requires enough supplies to deploy MHQ when packing up.

* Restricted deploying MHQ too close to a town depot.

* Increased Aircraft Factory cost to 2000 supplies.

* Increased KA50 cost to $9000.

* Increased AH1Z cost to $8000.

* Increased artillery cost to $2500.

* Increased delay between fire missions to 4 minutes.

* Increased town/camp capture rewards by 50%.

* Decreased kill rewards by 50%.

* Increased starting distance between sides by 50%.

* Increased salvager travel distance.

* Added respawn AI team option to Command Teams UI.

* Added Unflip vehicles option to Team Menu.

* Added Disaband Unit option to Team Menu.

* Added Team Status to Team Menu.

* Fixed JIP bug where player would receive money if joining a slot used by a previous player.

* Fixed JIP bug where player did not see current status of captured depots and camps.

* Possible fix for end-game bug when packing MHQ.

Free Patches, Updates and Expansions FTW! yay.gif

Thanks Maruk & Co!

* Added respawn AI team option to Command Teams UI.

* Added Unflip vehicles option to Team Menu.

* Added Disband Unit option to Team Menu.

* Added Team Status to Team Menu.

* Fixed JIP bug where player did not see current status of captured depots and camps.

* Possible fix for end-game bug when packing MHQ.

My favorite changes! Thanks so much!!!

notworthy.gif

Thank you Maruk, I'll test it out with my team today at ~2200 hours. Before that we have a MP coop campaign on Schmalfelden to complete wink_o.gif

You know, i havn't played ArmA for quite some time.

But this "Warfare" looks amazing!

I will be playing it tonight! yay.gif

BUT I have some questions:

1) Are there any servers out there running it?

Last time i played there was only Evolution. On almost all the servers out there!!

1a)Is there an official server running Warfare?

2)How long would a game last?

You know, i havn't played ArmA for quite some time.

But this "Warfare" looks amazing!

I will be playing it tonight! yay.gif

BUT I have some questions:

1) Are there any servers out there running it?

Last time i played there was only Evolution. On almost all the servers out there!!

1a)Is there an official server running Warfare?

2)How long would a game last?

If you want to search specifically for servers running Warfare, you can type Warfare as mission into the server filter. There are usually quite a few servers running it.

I don't think there is an "official" public server at all. As far as I know, all public servers are run by the community.

wow_o.gif wow!

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I'll check it out tonight.

Also, what are these new USMC units??

what are these new USMC units??

They are mostly reskinned versions of the standard units and seem to have been made to more closely reflect proper USMC doctrine. Though this is just an assumption on my part, since I'm not and never have been directly involved with the military.

You will also find that there are now two new units with woodland cammo if you look in the editor - but only a medic and a standard soldier, so it is usually necessary to re-equip them if you want to use them in missions.

Quote[/b] ]2)How long would a game last?

Depends on how quickly one side can spot the base of the other side. If both commanders manage to keep the position of their base fairly concealed (and artillery is off) a single match can last a very long time (several hours).

On the other hand of a base is discovered quickly, the other side will often tend to go straight for it, which can lead to the game ending fairly quickly. Especially if artillery is used.

Interesting.

See you on the battle field then. pistols.gif

AFAIK AI playing commander will not move the base (even if under attack), so usually when commander is human games take longer, because spotted base can be moved to a completely new location wink_o.gif

AFAIK AI playing commander will not move the base (even if under attack), so usually when commander is human games take longer, because spotted base can be moved to a completely new location wink_o.gif

AH, splendid.  You answered my next question; "are there AI players too".

I am real exited about this mission!

I haven’t felt this way about ArmA for a long time!!

I will be skipping home from work in about an hour!!

yay.gif

AH, splendid. You answered my next question; "are there AI players too".

AI players (including commander) are so stupid, that fighting against them is very easy coop

Great smile_o.gif

Could you add ability to recruit human players into your teams too?

sounds great but 4 minutes between fire missions? is that realistic? a good gun unit can put steel on target much quicker than that!

I put the missions in the MPMissions folder in our dedicated(linux), but when I try to join I get a "Session Lost" error. Server has no addons running. What's wrong? :|

Ty Maruk, Mike, and the Warfare team for the new update. I'm sure the servers will be busy this weekend. : P

From the 1.0 reply topic, I consider these items closed.

5--JIP correctly identifies status of camps and Town Supply depots.

8--Support upgrade; Support APC from light fact to unflip vehicle. Option to hitch damaged vehicle and move via towing.

18-Minimum build distance from MHQ to town supply depot 500m

20-Decrease kill reward by 90%. eg $45 for killing a M113, not $450.

51-Triple the cannon cost, and increase the reload time 4 times. Both artillery types fire a volley of 3 (mortars reload time 90 sec. Cannons reload time 6 min)

58-Release ai units from your control.

what does;

* Increased salvager travel distance.

mean?

I am sorry to post incomplete info like this, and i ma not 100% sure whether this is the right topic for bug reports so don't kill me please, but i think there is still the same problem which was present in Warfare 1.0 :

I haven't got time to properly test it, but my guess is, that when you destroy enemy vehicle before its crew was created and assigned, the created crew is then assigned to non-existing vehicle which produces some error,

OR maybe it is the opposite - you kill the crew which is then being assigned to a vehicle, and that produces the error.

Also let me clarify, that the error may not be produced directly by the 'AssignAs*' or 'MoveIn*' commands, but by some "Compile Format[...]" which is beign called probably in conjunction with these actions.

Happens for example when you start bombing enemy base with artillery.

...but let me make this clear: it is only my guess, i have too much work now (maybe sometime during the weekend i will find the time), so i can't test it properly now (but that doesn't stop me to post this ?nonsense? here), so if somebody is up to it, please check it.

sounds great but 4 minutes between fire missions? is that realistic? a good gun unit can put steel on target much quicker than that!

Yeah, but problem is no server could handle the artillery abuse 1.0 allowed.

Be nice that when you place more than just the gunner on the guns their have a reduced delay before arty is available again.

As most know if you get a full team (gunner and 2 others) on one the ROF is increased when used as a AT gun, same should be true for arty.

I'm capable of adjusting prices for my own, and setting artillery reload times back to where I need them to be.

What I sincerely DO miss however, is illumination artillery rounds, and AIs useage of them.

How about the following idea:

While placing the artillery position and dispersion, a check is made against city centers. If inside a city center, the HE option is shadowed making it impossible to use. Only flares can be used to "spare civilian life". If HE can be used, flares will still be used 50% by the AI if during night hours (not by the night game option, since mission time can vary after editing the mission).

I think it is sad that the only firesupport you can get is of the HE type. That goes also for grenade launcher vehicles, why not be able to support the troops with light, and have a much cooler night mission?

Since AI couldn't care less about smoke, I think it is inappropriate to use this with artillery for now. I'm using ECS where AI will pop smoke and flares automatically sometimes. But I really miss prolonged illumination firemissions. Illumination rounds should also be infinite and not require reloads.

Be nice that when you place more than just the gunner on the guns their have a reduced delay before arty is available again.

As most know if you get a full team (gunner and 2 others) on one the ROF is increased when used as a AT gun, same should be true for arty.

But those cant really create massive desync, and when i say massive i mean massive. You can make a game totally unplayable for the opposing team with artillery in 1.0

[Rant]

The only thing that really annoyed me, was that all the servers i played on had 3rd person turned off!!

In real life you have spatial awareness. you know what’s around you, how far across the road your car is, etc.

I know ArmA has those silly little light balls at the edge of the screen, but I need the 3rd person view.

I don't find it more realistic, i find it a pain to not know how close to a wall i am.

They also turn the cross hair off. That mimics your hand eye coordination. i know i cant see a magic floating cross hair in real life but ArmA is a game and, again, I need the cross hair!!

Don't try to tell me I’m not a good player, or i need to practice like this. I've had 29 years of practicing my hand eye coordination and spatial awareness. To have no way (except the light balls) to replicate this in the game, I’m screwed.

[/rant]

<..cough..> Warfare is great. Well Done BI.

Lets have three cheers for Bohemia Interactive.

(not being sarcastic, i love it.)

Hipp-hipp..

Yes and no. I don't usually like 3rd person because it enables you to see enemies over walls etc. That's not realistic. Besides, in a tank, you as a driver or gunner is supposed to get input from the commander who has a better view. On public servers playing with strangers, this info is sparse. 3rd person don't belong in a tactical shooter.

However... This has a strong element of strategy to it. So yes, I would actually prefer 3rd person on this specific map.

As for crosshairs, the only reason we have it enabled on our server is because we need to see what the Javelin etc locks onto. Other than that, we would turn crosshairs off. In order to hit anything from the hip, you need to adjust fire by tracer indication. I would prefer having to look down the sights in order to hit anything, but unfortunately the default engine doesn't allow us to do this.

What I really don't like however, is that this mission has squad leaders use regular rifleman model. This means he doesn't get the benefit of a GPS. We have extended map info turned off, and only showing friendly tags (mostly to reduce teamspeak "noise"). But I've changed the mission to use squad leaders, so that everyone gets a GPS.