Sign in to follow this  
Sith

Welcome to the ArmA Warfare forum

This board is the place for the community (and developers) to discuss the specifics of the Warfare mission. Feedback on the mission, discussion of current features or new features, exchange of your own modifications of the mission, and support on Warfare-specific design and scripting issues can all be posted here.

More info on the thought behind the "semi Open Source" development of Warfare can be found on the Developer's Blog: Open Source Warfare

If you're interested in modifying the Warfare mission, your first stop should be the Warfare Editing Guide on the BIS Wiki, giving a step-by-step introduction to how and where specific mission features can be changed. Do not hestitate to share your work here on the forums. Everyone is welcome to contribute to the future shape of Warfare!

Have fun xmas_o.gif

Just found this, has really shed some light on things i've been pulling my hair out trying to understand on dwindling coffee supplies :P

Very nice, Warfares now been chosen to be the basis of the Stargate: Challenged Empires Gametype.

You've saved me so much coding, cheers... biggrin_o.gif

So, you tuned from "full" to "partial" open source. What this means? Are there any problems with the License?

Will "Warfare" be included in ArmA2?

Wuold be BIS so nice to provide community write access to a trac/svn space for this "open source" attempt? Or using at least the semi-dead BTS for Arma as bugs/wishes tracker tool?

Edit: I've put a page on the wiki for WARFARE 1.1 issues, grabbed from Frank-O collecting post for 1.0 with 1.1 addressed notes.

Personally I think we would have more people here if this place was a underforum of Official missions. It makes little sence to place it here.

Before I throw my usual pessimism and critisim, I first must say thank you BIS for such a great mission and allowing us mere mortals who know little to nothing about scripting to edit this awesome mission. Now to my (friendly) criticism:

Personally I think we would have more people here if this place was a underforum of Official missions. It makes little sence to place it here.

Agreed. This "category" makes little sense. I understand BIS wants this mission to be some big open sourced project but no one is visiting this category because: A. They simply don't know about it or B. Are too lazy to scroll down through the categories to notice the new one. I mean if you had open discussion in the other categories more people would not only know about it, but since more people are engaged in the conversation, you'd have more inspired people out there editing it and putting it to full use....

Same goes for taking the "editing" category out of its respective game but instead making it confusing.... I never understood that.. and its annoying too.

smile_o.gif

Most of the warfare missions I played crashed my ArmA. I think its a combination of heavy AI action and to many objects. Warefare is the only mission I have this kind of problem with. So I would say there is still a lot to do left on this mission.

Most of the warfare missions I played crashed my ArmA. I think its a combination of heavy AI action and to many objects. Warefare is the only mission I have this kind of problem with. So I would say there is still a lot to do left on this mission.

I have never had a problem with this mission so not sure if your system is corupt.. huh.gif

I'm sorta getting the hang of the files here, it seems the MM (Mano) sorta explains what each file does, I'm gonna study the Wiki though

EDIT:

http://hosted.filefront.com/computica/

This is a link for the 3 various mods that I worked on while here, I plan to make them better though...