Sign in to follow this  
arremba_san_zorzo

Problems with cargo animations

Hi to all,

i'm importing the vehicle of PedagneMOD from OFP to Arma. I have designed new cargo animations with O2

but there isome differences between Buldozer viewer and game.

The photo below speaks better than me:

Vm90 gunner in Buldozer

Vm90 gunner in Game

LR90 gunner in Buldozer

LR90 gunner in Game

Someone can help me?

Instead, below you can see a W.I.P. of blindo FIAT 6614

FIAT 6614 photo

Bieee

Arremba

need more info...

you say you made the .rtm's with O2... did you use the suited characters in your screenshoots to make the .rtm's?

If you used the suited characters, do they have the same skeleton as the OFP2_ManSkeleton?

Can you run your .rtm on a standard BIS character in buldozer without problems?

What version of O2PE are you using?

Hi, Synide

-The O2 version is the last released by BIS (one or two weeks ago).

-The character used have the OFP2_ManSkeleton.

-I have just seen in buldozer with "Set RTM" command, and effectively do not work propely!

To make my rtm files i have:

1) Open a BIS character

2) Open an rtm starting by a BIS animation, with "from matrices" command

3) i have rotate the arms and the legs in the position that i wanted.

4) 'Exported matrices' command, to save the .rtm file

5) At this time, O2 asked me what was a "reference part" of rotation - i don't remember very well - and i have choosed one 'cause i didn't know the right think to do.

6) After i have created a crew animation file with mine animations.

I hope that i will be clear.

Otherwise, did you know a complete tutorial about?

Thanks for your time.

Arremba

The problem is in the animation. Somehow, it is either not configured correctly, or the .rtm itself is messed up. But if you made your proxy you see in buldozer from the rtm you are using in your config, then I doubt it is the rtm. Maybe post your full config, or at least the animation's config + the turret's config?

hmmm... s'difficult to say exactly may be giveing you grief... however, possibly one reason is that the BIS Example character models have a few minor problems with them...

Some of the vertices are not properly allocated to the correct 'named selections' - this is one of the reason I believe that at the time BIS released the additional example models they grabbed a 'snapshot' or 'backup' of a slightly out-of-date batch of models...

Try this...

Do your steps 1 & 2.

That is, open a BIS character & apply an .rtm to it using 'from matrices (all lods)'... not 'from matrices'.

3. Go to the Buldozer menu and 'Disable Model Config'

4. Run Buldozer.

5. If you character does not start moving straight away then press the '[' and ']' keys to slow it down & or speed it up...

Q. At this point are there any deformities in the model being displayed in Buldozer?

- If so then pick another BIS character model and keep doing this till you find one that does not deform... it's too hard for me to explain how you can fix this deforming here...

Once you find a character model that is animating correctly then use that one with your .rtm and see if it's working properly.

If it's still not animating in Buldozer correctly using your .rtm.

Then, try remaking your .rtm based on this BIS character model you are now using...

I surprised your actually getting the latest version of O2PE to write out an .rtm file at all... It currently crashes with me...

Thanks Synide and General Barron,

i have loaded many RTM with Buldozer.RTM maded by me and original BIS RTM files. I have used my soldier, BIS soldier, Synide soldier. But there was no one animation that function properly, no one. So, i think that with this model is not possible. I havent found any tutorial over few words on O2 wiki page, and BIS do not help and do not give any info about.

I surrender.

Bie and thanks for your help.

Arremba